Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Tomorrow - 4 Hours of Battlefield 3 from the Showfloor on Ustream

• 115 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#101  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Marz@Seppli:   Damn you guys are on fire. keep up the flaming discussion.. 

I on the other hand am fucking tired of BF3 after the... confusing new footage. The hype fatigue has drained my energy and i can't read the name BF3 for a week or two. 

Edit: I don't mean flaming as in FLAMING, i meant heated / on fire / etc.... it's a compliment ;p
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Seppli
    @Ahmad_Metallic

Rather tired too. Was baffled that I lasted through that horribad live stream. I guess I'm up. Fucked up, but up nontheless.
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Potter9156

Well that was a farce. Neckbeard interviews and very little over-the-shoulder-footage. Why not just hook a cable to a random tv and live stream that?

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By withateethuh
    @Seppli said:
    Invisible Walls! NOOOOO!
    I saw that. Maybe its because the map is unfinished or just the gametype? I doub't they'd put something like that there on purpose.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Seppli
    @withateethuh

Let's hope so.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm expecting a new BF2 rather than Bad Company 2. I want bigger maps where we can move around and assault objectives from different angles. I'm not happy about the invisible walls you mentioned. There should be a natural reason why you wouldn't go beyond a certain point. Swamp/Quicksand/Large Rock formation/Mountain wall/Ocean/Buildings/Dense Forest lots of things.. but invisible walls is bad. Just bad.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Funkydupe said:
    I'm expecting a new BF2 rather than Bad Company 2. I want bigger maps where we can move around and assault objectives from different angles. I'm not happy about the invisible walls you mentioned. There should be a natural reason why you wouldn't go beyond a certain point. Swamp/Quicksand/Large Rock formation/Mountain wall/Ocean/Buildings/Dense Forest lots of things.. but invisible walls is bad. Just bad.
    the MW2 vibe i got from the BF3 multiplayer footage is making my stomach turn.. i can't shake it off >_>
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#108  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@withateethuh said:

@Seppli said:
    Invisible Walls! NOOOOO!
    I saw that. Maybe its because the map is unfinished or just the gametype? I doub't they'd put something like that there on purpose.

I wouldn't worry about the walls just yet. Bear in mind that the maps are going to shrink or enlarge, depending on player count, so they have to take that into account before nailing down the no mans land zones.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Funkydupe

Why do they have to shrink the size of the maps? Can't they just add another car for people to use? If there are objectives/Flags/whatnot, players will naturally draw towards those key locations no matter the size of the map.. If they want to win the match that is.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#110  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@Funkydupe: Always been the design of Battlefield. With 24 players on a 64 player based map, there will be a lot of empty and quiet space. Something the game has never been about.

Wouldn't really be an army attacking or defending a flag, trying to spread twelve players over three to five flags.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Seppli
    @PhatSeeJay said:

@withateethuh said:

@Seppli said:
    Invisible Walls! NOOOOO!

I wouldn't worry about the walls just yet. Bear in mind that the maps are going to shrink or enlarge, depending on player count, so they have to take that into account before nailing down the no mans land zones.

I'd take out of bounds suicide timers over invisible walls anytime. Invisible walls are a design nightmare I hope not to face in BF3.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112  Edited By mfpantst

So I have come to grips with what was yesterday.  The two dudes from off duty gamers were given little guidance and did what they thought best- highlight the 'military' aspect of Battlefield, as that's what draws them personally to the franchise.  Also, it does seem people who were at E3 and played the multiplayer demo digged it.  So that's my morning after digestion of the live stream.  EA could have done a way better job by putting capture cards in their rigs and streaming live gameplay with audio and sound, and by getting guys who knew they were there to introduce new content (and were provided new content), but EA mismanaged the affair.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Riddell

I watched maybe an hour of the stream yesterday and it was possible the worst thing I have ever seen. 

The hosts were atrocious and asked zero relevant questions. The interviewees were probably even worse.  

It was funny watching the viewer count plummet by the minute.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Funkydupe

This makes me wonder how much air-space jets will get. They won't like invisible walls up in the sky. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Funkydupe said:

This makes me wonder how much air-space jets will get. They won't like invisible walls up in the sky.

That's silly. This is clearlya smaller groundwar map with limits imposed for performance reasons right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.