Veteran Status rewards

#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

So Bad Company 2 had the two weapons, M1 Garant and the Tommy Gun as rewards for playing previous Battlefield games. When looking at my stats I see I am Veteran status 2 and am wondering what I will get when BF3 comes out. Has this been announced yet?
And if not what would you like to get for being a loyal customer?

#2 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Where can I check my Veteran status?

#3 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Dylabaloo: Here.

I want the BF2142 assault rifle that looks like a boombox, and I want it to play music. I have veteran status 7, so I deserve a really nice dog tag or something like that.

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -
@Dylabaloo said:

Well for Bad Company 2 got to "My stats" under the multiplayer banner.
#5 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

@Dylabaloo said:

Pretty sure you just go to the official BF site and they have it there. Probably hear more about the Vet bonuses as we get closer to launch.

#6 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they dropped the Veteran status thing for the Gun Club thing. I doubt veteran status will make any difference in the future, and I'd be amazed if it showed up anywhere outside the external Battlelog website.

#7 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@PhatSeeJay: @Chris2KLee: @blacklabeldomm: Thanks.

#8 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the M1 Garant again.

#9 Posted by Jimbo (10007 posts) -

A Codename Eagle cd key should unlock everything.

#10 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

I don't want any freaking WWII weapons in my modern war game.

#11 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

This EA account shit is a clusterfuck. Anyway im Veteran status 2 even though I have 450hrs in BF2, 200hrs in BFV, and ~200hrs in BF2142. I can't add those stats because the service is being retarded.

#12 Posted by DTKT (115 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

This EA account shit is a clusterfuck. Anyway im Veteran status 2 even though I have 450hrs in BF2, 200hrs in BFV, and ~200hrs in BF2142. I can't add those stats because the service is being retarded.

Contact the EA support. I had them manually update my Veteran status.

Also, the Thomson was an unlock. The M1 garand was the only weapon reward.

#13 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

@DTKT said:

Also, the Thomson was an unlock. The M1 garand was the only weapon reward.

This is true.

#14 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

Strange that Battlefield Free2Play does not add to the status. I mean "Heros" does. (Although it is not showing up on my account.)

#15 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

I would be veteran status 6 if my road to rome and secret weapons cd key would work but they don't for some reason.

#16 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@Marz said:

I would be veteran status 6 if my road to rome and secret weapons cd key would work but they don't for some reason.

Well, they say the expansions do not count.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

With the mentality of "pre-order and you get exclusive weapons", I suspect veterans will get dick 

pay and you shall receive goodies. you have to pay though. always pay

#18 Edited by big_jon (5789 posts) -

!1,000 kills in BF:BC 1 and 30,000 kills in BF:BC 2, I don't need an unlock to know that I am a veteran.

Though apparently I'm at Veteran level 3, too bad I never actually owned BF2 or 2142.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@big_jon said:

!1,000 kills in BF:BC 1 and 30,000 kills in BF:BC 2, I don't need an unlock to know that I am a veteran.

Though apparently I'm at Veteran level 3, too bad I never actually owned BF2 or 2142.

You've played BC1 & 2, that's two games, so you're veteran level 2 

Also, it's not the number of kills that counts, it's the amount of games you played and the hours you played each one. I'm not being a dick here: playing the console spin-offs of the series doesn't make you a veteran
#20 Edited by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

You've played BC1 & 2, that's two games, so you're veteran level 2 Also, it's not the number of kills that counts, it's the amount of games you played and the hours you played each one. I'm not being a dick here: playing the console spin-offs of the series doesn't make you a veteran

When did I say those were the only two BF games I have played?

You know comments like this make you come off like a total douche bag. Playing 1500+ hour of battlefield games makes me a veteran to battlefield games in the eyes of anyone who is not some elitist douche who thinks way too highly of the PC games. In truth I have played five battlefield games, Technically seven.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

You've played BC1 & 2, that's two games, so you're veteran level 2 Also, it's not the number of kills that counts, it's the amount of games you played and the hours you played each one. I'm not being a dick here: playing the console spin-offs of the series doesn't make you a veteran

here : 

@big_jon said:

too bad I never actually owned BF2 or 2142.

... Yes, not owning those two games equals owning them and playing them for hundreds of hours. Sorry i missed that point.

@big_jon said: 

You know comments like this make you come off like a total douche bag. Playing 1500+ hour of battlefield games makes me a veteran to battlefield games in the eyes of anyone who is not some elitist douche who thinks way to highly of the PC games. In truth I have played five battlefield games.

Sure, it's elitist to think that not having played the big-map 64-player Battlefield games which included jets and titans and commo roses and commanders, but only played the two 32-player infantry/armor spin-offs, doesn't make you a veteran. Totally elitist and unrealistic to expect you to be a newbie to 64 player BF3, a BF game of a magnitude and content ten times that of Bad Company games, yeah.. 
fuck being a veteran, it's not like an honor or something, I don't even consider MYSELF a veteran, since i've only played BF2 and 2142 (out of the older games).
#22 Posted by big_jon (5789 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: Fair enough, I just hate it when people tear into the BadCompany games, they were amazing, more focused with better combat. They deserve some praise for that. More than they get from the PC community.

#23 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: You do know there are other PC battlefield games out there that aren't called BF2 or BF 2142. Maybe he played 1942, Vietnam,  etc....
#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Fair enough, I just hate it when people tear into the BadCompany games, they were amazing, more focused with better combat. They deserve some praise for that. More than they get from the PC community.

I don't mean to be a dick, again, but you have no right to tell someone not to tear into the Bad Company games when they represent a long-running franchise with millions of fans that go a long way back. 
Franchises are required to maintain their quality and style, stay true to their roots and not alienate their fans, and when a game doesn't respect that, i'll point it out every chance i have. If the game is good, sure, i'll praise it, but as a standalone game only, and not as a part of the series. 

Also, where do you see me hating on the game? All i said was that if you've played BC games only, you're no veteran when you enter BF3, because BF3 requires experience in the older games because it follows in their footsteps
#25 Edited by Donos (1197 posts) -

When did this thread become about who is superior for having spent money on older games? I think the OP was asking what free stuff we can get for having bought Battlefield games. In Bad Company 2, the WW2 unlocks made sense since those assets were done from BF1943 and the campaign section. This time around, I would expect either the WW2 unlocks again for consistency, or something along the lines of the Vietnam pack for similar reasons and a bit more realism. What sort of weapons would the Iranian military have plausibly used in the last 2 or 3 decades?

#26 Posted by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

@Donos said:

What sort of weapons would the Iranian military have plausibly used in the last 2 or 3 decades?

AK-47/74. Like everyone else in the world, except NATO/China, I guess?

Well the BC1 reward was the F2000. Though, as everyone knows, that game was not cool about weapon unlocks.

#27 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

I could never get the veteran stuff to accept my old CD keys.

#28 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Origina1Penguin said:

I could never get the veteran stuff to accept my old CD keys.

Me either. But EA live chat support sorted that expertly. Just give them the keys and they'll sort it for ya.

#29 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

Battlefield Veteran = # of main games played minus one

Playing both Bad Company games gives you a Veteran rank of 1. I've played 1943, Bad Company, Bad Company 2 and Heroes and have a Veteran rank of 3.

#30 Posted by Pyrgz (256 posts) -

@Infininja said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

Playing both Bad Company games gives you a Veteran rank of 1. I've played 1943, Bad Company, Bad Company 2 and Heroes and have a Veteran rank of 3.

You played Heroes? I'm... I'm so sorry.

#31 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I'll be veteran status 5 when BF3 comes out, im still playing vietnam and i cant wait but i couldnt care if i get something extra or not

#32 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

You know comments like this make you come off like a total douche bag. Playing 1500+ hour of battlefield games makes me a veteran to battlefield games in the eyes of anyone who is not some elitist douche who thinks way too highly of the PC games. In truth I have played five battlefield games, Technically seven.

Hes a veteran even if you dont think he is,I personally have been playing since the early 90s and the "console Spinoffs" are some of the best in the series
#33 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@buft said:
@big_jon said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

Hes a veteran even if you dont think he is,I personally have been playing since the early 90s and the "console Spinoffs" are some of the best in the series
Yes, he does have a veteran status since his username is connected to two Battlefield games, so he is a veteran. 

But he's not a Battlefield veteran. See, i don't see why you take that as an offense! What the hell is wrong with not being a veteran? If he isn't, he isn't, why is that such a douchey thing to say ?  
I'll say it again: He's not a BF veteran. what's the big fucking deal? is that a disgrace or something?

Being a veteran means being experienced the franchise and having played it's numerous games, which is needed in order to know how those games played, and in order to have said experience. 
So i ask you, when he goes into Battlefield 3, with maps a few kilometers wide and jets soaring above his head and 63 people running around him, will he be experienced in that situation? Having played the two spin offs where you could run across the map in less than 2-3 minutes, where the gameplay was infantry focused, embellished with a few tanks and helicopters, how will you be able to use the Commo Rose efficiently? How will you master the various fire modes from the get go? How will you successfully bomb a flag using a jet? How will you use the SL order wheel when it's the first time you see it ? 

You won't, and therefore you're not a veteran. Is that so incredibly hard to grasp?  I've played ALL Call of Duty games, yet i never played the MP enough to be experienced. So i'm not a COD veteran, even though i've been playing it for 8 years. Am i offending myself right now ?
#34 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

@Pyrgz said:

@Infininja said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@big_jon said:

You played Heroes? I'm... I'm so sorry.

I guess that was a bit misleading. I signed up, downloaded the game for this supposedly "in-browser" game, hit play and got disconnected. I booted everything back up, joined a match and got disconnected. That was enough to register with EA as me having played it. :p

#35 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

Veteran status is a joke :D! I was veteran status 5 and than i complained to the support because after getting a new battlefield my veteran status wouldn't rise to 6. The support then just set my veteran status to 10 (!!!) :D. and it seems this isn't the first time they did this. I like the DICE support :P

#36 Posted by sreya92 (193 posts) -

i w4nt a lzer!!!1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.