Want Russian Voiceovers?

#1 Posted by Chtasm (445 posts) -

Always striving for a more authentic experience in my videogames, I came across this:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1459999-possible-way-get-russian-voiceovers-localized.html

This'll enable the ability to switch to "Russian" voiceovers (under the audio settings) for gameplay, allowing the Russian team to actually speak Russian. The only downside is that the US team will also start speaking with a slavic tongue as well, so you're going to have to switch the settings every time you change teams. (these are the actual sound files for the Russian version of the game)

I tried it out on a game last night and have to stay I felt more immersed than before. Dice always had good non-English voiceovers in their games (BF2 and BC2 come to mind) and these are no different.

#2 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

You only just found this out?

I've had Russian voices since BC1

#3 Posted by cyraxible (682 posts) -

In BC2 you could have the RU team speak Russian and US team speak English without any hackery.

Dice. One step forward, two steps back.

#4 Edited by Chtasm (445 posts) -

@cyraxible: Yep. It's a shame they didn't include the option for us to choose what voices we want. I mean, they're already friggin recorded!

@Canteu: uh..cool dude. I've had Russian voices since 1942.

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

I wish I could just turn off the Russian commander/commentator/whatever you call him in multiplayer. His dialog and voice acting is sooooooo terrible.

#6 Posted by bwmcmaste (837 posts) -

@cyraxible said:

In BC2 you could have the RU team speak Russian and US team speak English without any hackery.

Dice. One step forward, two steps back.

Verily.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Or just play Metro 2033 for all your russian speaking needs. I hope Last Light has the option to play the whole thing in russian again.

#8 Posted by mlarrabee (2873 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Or just play Metro 2033 for all your russian speaking needs. I hope Last Light has the option to play the whole thing in russian again.

It had better. I absolutely refused to play 2033 in English. And even though I'm certain that the Italian in AC2 is all wrong, I couldn't bear the "Italian accented" English.

Every game with vocals should have the option to use native language with subtitles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.