We need suggestions for the Battlefield 3 CrazyNight™!

• 51 results
#1 Edited by max3000 (370 posts) -

Hey guys!

As some of you may (or may not) know, we have a BF3 platoon called GiantBombSquad. We usually play on weekends.

Now, we (mainly ) have come up with an idea: CrazyNight™! In which we do what the Battlefield series does best: Making crazy shit happen. These CrazyNights™ will take turns with the usual Bombing Runs, both of which will alternate between Tuesdays, Sundays and Saturday. That's where you guys come in - We need suggestions on how to make our CrazyNight™ even more crazy!

So far we have:

• Sniper only Conquest
  • Jeep races
  • Jet stunts!

The crazier the suggestion the better.

These are gonna happen on our Giant Bomb/Tested server of course, and the first crazy night is TONIGHT! Check the event calendarto see when there's a bombing run and when there's a CrazyNight™

Peace.

#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I wonder how knives only would fare what with the knife animation and what not.

#3 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

For example.

#4 Posted by Althox (292 posts) -

Here's a suggestion:

You could have a map with 64 players, everyone just have to use their knife, and they just rush at each other and create one big brawl.

#5 Posted by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

I'm all for jeep related anything.

jihad vehicles only could be cool.

#6 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

Truck wars

Jeeps with snipers in passenger seat conquest

Everybody play snipers only whilst PieGB launches jets into people

Turn bullet damage off (you can do that right?)

#7 Posted by Branthog (7510 posts) -

The theme should be "the last GiantBomb-centric BF3 night, before it's overrun with kids from GameSpot telling us all that we're [homophobic slur] [racial slur]s".

#8 Posted by Althox (292 posts) -

@Branthog said:

The theme should be "the last GiantBomb-centric BF3 night, before it's overrun with kids from GameSpot telling us all that we're [homophobic slur] [racial slur]s".

Lets just hope that never happens...

#9 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

It would be cool if you could make it so only 1 person can do bullet damage who if you manage to kill you take that power. I highly doubt that's possible though. Only games with deep multiplayer customization like Halo can do stuff like that

#10 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

Parkour race

Conquest Rush

Jeep-only-wars

#11 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -

@Branthog said:

Because you think we didn't have those in the community before Gamespot thing, right?

#12 Edited by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

Dodgeball!!

Don't know if this will work in practice, but it sounded awesome in my head.

Both teams lined up in a large open area (i.e. the beach on Gulf of Oman), with a fair distance between them, only RPGs allowed.

If you die, you have to wait until the next round, but you can still respawn and watch the match. (Should probably boost health a bit, so one lucky hit doesn't take out half the team.)

A point is awarded when all the players on one team is eliminated, first to five wins.

This might be a bit hard to pull off, especially if we have randoms joining in mid match.

#13 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

@Sjupp said:

Conquest Rush

What's that?

#14 Posted by Swoxx (2992 posts) -

Obstacle course. In the spirit of giant bombs one team plants C4, claymores and attack the team running the obstacle course with these strategically placed explosives. The main hallway on bazaar would probably be good. Maybe you can have guys with MAVs trying to take out the running team too.

#15 Posted by llamaegg (226 posts) -

Man I really need to get back into this game. Between LoL and ME2 (yep, still haven't gotten to 3 yet) I just haven't had time, and god knows I miss some of those dumb talks on Mumble!

#16 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

How about a "Jihad Jeep" style match? Get a big open area, one team straps C4s to jeeps and the other grabs a few tanks/Jeeps, and the Tank team tries to dodge the flood of exploding Jeeps for as long as possible? Not sure how you'd just end the match when one side runs out of their tank allotment, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

EOD bot races? Knife fight arena around a central point (the team that eventually takes control wins)?

#17 Posted by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

Pistols only, torches only.

Repair robots only?

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
Good work max! We need more suggestions for tonight.
These are gonna happen on our Giant Bomb server of course, and the first crazy night is schedule for TONIGHT. 

We've been brainstorming in the mIRC chatroom and the duders came up with a bunch:
  • Knives only (knife fights)
  • C4 obstacle course (SwoXx's idea)
  • Conquest Rush - The entire two teams fight over two flags only (Sjupp's idea)
  • Tank warfare - APCs and tanks only.

Note that this will take turns with the bombing runs on either Tuesdays, Saturdays or Sundays of every week. No steady weekly spot, the schedule is dynamic, so just check the event calendar max linked above to see what is when. 

@Grixxel said:

@Branthog said:

Because you think we didn't have those in the community before Gamespot thing, right?

Not on my watch, and it won't in the future. 
#19 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Repair robots only?

Everyone gets 2 minutes to hide around the map, then we all deploy the bots and try to find and kill the enemy.

#20 Posted by Fat_Irish7890 (23 posts) -

Dodgeball!!

Both teams lined up in a large open area, with a fair distance between them, only RPGs allowed.

that sounds dumb. lets do it

#21 Posted by MysteriousFawx (382 posts) -

Copying the ideas I had over from the PC thread

Old West - All players decide on a location and arrange handgun duels, including standing back to back and walking 10 paces.

Last Stand - One team rolls sniper only and has to defend a control point against the other team who can only use the support class.

Recon, Recon, Recon - MAV's only.

So Pro Bro - Before performing any kill, you must do a full spin with your character, because thats what all the cool kids on CoD do.

#22 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Yeah, I didn't think so either. I was trying to bait him into revealing he's just being a man-baby over something that can easily be moderated. I failed. Good to know either way!

#23 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

We should totally launch jeeps! Team that launches the farthest wins! Drop mines under it, set it off with C4 or a grenade and then whoosh!

Or we could launch EOD bots since they go WAY farther, and then the first one to get to it wins a point for their team.

#24 Posted by Fat_Irish7890 (23 posts) -

if we can get enough duders knife fights are pretty fun

#25 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Sounds implausible

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CL60 said:

I wonder how knives only would fare what with the knife animation and what not.

Beautifully: 
#27 Posted by Swoxx (2992 posts) -

@FrankCanada97 said:

@Mikemcn said:

Repair robots only?

Everyone gets 2 minutes to hide around the map, then we all deploy the bots and try to find and kill the enemy.

I like this

@VIGGO123 said:

Dodgeball!!

Both teams lined up in a large open area (i.e. the beach on Gulf of Oman), with a fair distance between them, only RPGs allowed.

If you die, you have to wait until the next round, but you can still respawn and watch the match. (Should probably boost health a bit, so one lucky hit doesn't take out half the team.)

A point is awarded when all the players on one team is eliminated, first to five wins.

This might be a bit hard to pull off, especially if we have randoms joining in mid match.

And I like this

#28 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

A target range made of Helicopters where you are only allowed to use tanks to take them down? "Drop in the Spot" kind of thing where you have to jump in a circle made out of ammo drops :P?

#29 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@Pie said:

@Sjupp said:

Conquest Rush

What's that?

Attackers pick a flag, Defenders pick a flag and then rush! A new angle on an old map

#30 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

@FrankCanada97 said:

@Mikemcn said:

Repair robots only?

I like this

@VIGGO123 said:

Dodgeball!!

And I like this

Yeah I like these. And I also like the idea of Jeeps with a sniper in the 3rd seat (passenger seat) and you have to take one another out whilst driving about. And also the same idea but with helicopters too.

#31 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

King of the Hill: Fight over one single conquest flag

Four Team Rush: Squad Deathmatch with an increased player count. Each team designates their own MCOM and let chaos reign.

#32 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

@Sjupp said:

Four Team Rush: Squad Deathmatch with an increased player count. Each team designates their own MCOM and let chaos reign.

You uhhh, won't have MCOMs in SQDM...

#33 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Sjupp said:

You uhhh, won't have MCOMs in SQDM...

That's why you designate something as your mcom yourself! You know, imagination!

#34 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

@Sjupp: Wouldn't we just be forcing everyone in to the same point then? It sounds a bit of a cluster fuck, but then if we add a silly gun restriction, clusterfucks are fun.

#35 Posted by Sin4profit (2923 posts) -

Tickle fight...

#36 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

IDEAS For CrazyNight™®© 

Vehicles Combat:
------------------------
1. Armored Warfare
2. Chopper snipers / Jeep Snipers
3. Jihad Jeep wars
4. Tanks shooting maneuvering helicopters down

Vehicle Shenanigans: 
---------------------------
1. C4 APC flips / Jeep stunts 
2. Jeep racing
3.Jet/Helo stunts
4. EOD races

Weapon-specific:
-------------------------
1. Snipers only (CQ L)
2. Repair Bots only
3.Knives only

Objective-based:
-----------------------
1.King of the Hill
2. Conquest Rush
3.Last Stand - One team rolls sniper only and has to defend a control point against the other team who can only use the support class.

Landcape:
----------------
1. Explosive obstacle course
2. RPG Dodgeball
3. Mexican stand-off with magnums
#37 Edited by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

shameless bump for promotions (and explosions)

@AlexW00d: Fuster Cluck

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

10 minutes!

#39 Posted by sully (69 posts) -

I take it it's too late to join?

#40 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

Last night in a nutshell.

#41 Edited by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

Another video of last night's knife fight.

I think someone was recording too so here is a download link for my videos in case you want to make a video for the GiantBombSquad YouTube channel. ( run the channel?) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2179325/Battlefield%203%20Knife%20Videos.zip Upload may take a couple hours, I have slow internet.

#42 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@sully said:

I take it it's too late to join?

Bombing Runs and CrazyNights will take turns 3 days a week, join the Steam group to get notified.
#43 Posted by Karnov (10 posts) -

Had an idea:

Mortar Gauntlet

Running for example down the road on Op Firestorm while being shelled by the rest of the players, whoever makes it the furthest wins.

Maybe 1/3 runners 2/3 mortars to make for 3 heats and everyone gets a go.

#44 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

We're going to be doing another one these tomorrow night, so if anyone has thought of anything else interesting we're totally open to suggestions still; if not we'll go through what we have and choose something awesome.

#45 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1323 posts) -

It was talked about that there was a community or group youtube channel that some footage was going to go up on, anyone know where that is?

#46 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@DJJoeJoe said:

It was talked about that there was a community or group youtube channel that some footage was going to go up on, anyone know where that is?

This is the GiantBombsquad Youtube channel. More BF3 (and other games) videos going up by the end of the week.
#47 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

Play Battleship using mortars and players as ships with spotting turned off :D

#48 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

These are still happening, right? I wanna join in on the crazzzzzy!

#49 Posted by hoossy (933 posts) -

Jeep jousting!

------------------

get on a long straight patch of highway, two jeeps with drivers, go at each other while snipers in the passenger seats take potshots at each other.... rinse and repeat until you claim a victor!

#50 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1323 posts) -

@MistaSparkle: The links to the event calendar are still on the first post I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.