Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

What do you think of the Close Quarters DLC?

Thunderducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thunderducky

You can find the trailer here. I tend to play infantry most of the time, even on maps with vehicles, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be interested in seeing how they handle largely interior environments.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ragnar_mike

I would be more excited about it except for one weapon: USAS

If it was a rumble with Tac lights and PDW's, then that sounds amazing. I expect that to happen sometimes, but I also expect a lot of cheese.

I'm more excited about Armored Kill because I like large maps. Large maps equal large distance between me and assholes.

Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Schatzy23

I dont know how to feel about it yet. On the one hand, I love BF3 multiplayer for the chaos and destruction you can create in the matches. So with some close quarter combat about to happen, the destruction should be turned up to 11. On the other hand, I play BF3 because it offers something COD doesnt offer, which would be me in a tank, cruising across wide open spaces, knocking down trees, road blocks, other people, etc... I'll definately be picking up the map pack regardless I'm sure.

Thunderducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Thunderducky

What did you think about the new Conquest Domination mode? If I had to guess you'd have to do something like use a computer to capture the control point, kind of like how you arm m-com in rush.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I just had a HUGE feeling of Déjà vu

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Bad kids will rain supreme.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

It looks fun, but I think it's taking a slightly too-big page out of Call of Duty's book. I am planning on trading in all of my CoD's save for 2 and 4 so I can get BF3 and all its wide-open, vehicle-driving, class-driven, flag-grabbing glory, NOT so I can play on some more twitchy close maps.

But this is just one map pack, so *shrugs*. If this were an announcement for BF4 and all of the new maps on it were going to be like this, however, I would be very disappointed.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WMWA

I didnt think I would like it, but then I saw the latest trailer and something deep inside my head said, "You need to buy this. Holy shit, walls are falling." So yeah, thats pretty much where I'm at right now

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I tend to not enjoy the larger more Battlefield style maps simply because you get a lot less action in them. Wandering around or running towards a flag for 5 minutes only to take a stray bullet or just die when you get there is sometimes not fun, especially when most of a 20-30min match consists of that. The smaller maps that offer more constant combat encounters that are also more favourable to you being ready to deal with them is why I like those a bit more. This DLC seems to be exactly that I truly want from the game so that's pretty cool.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

It made me vomit the lunch I had eaten earlier.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mikemcn

@AhmadMetallic said:

It made me vomit the lunch I had eaten earlier.

We've known about it for months and you're still vomiting? You should see a doctor!

I want it for the guns, that's about it, occasionally i get in the mood for some small team deathmatch or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. I play BF3 for my open-space, combined-arms FPS fix. It's always fun to see an environment get totally destroyed; the city in Gulf of Oman is almost always completely leveled by the end of a match. So I'm slightly interested in it because matches could change depending on what is and isn't left standing mid- and late-match. But whether or not gameplay will change based on how much destruction has happened will determine whether I buy the map pack or not.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reale

I am looking forward to it but at the same time a little worried :S either way. I would still like to see more old maps remade for BF3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.