Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

What does this game need to do to compete?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Seeing as the post-Battlefield 2 is filled with Modern Warfare 2's, Bad Companys, and MAGS, Battlefield 3 will have to do a hell of alot to differentiate itself. Its going to have the destruction, the vehicles, and the unlocks of the other DICE produced games, but what does it have to do to compete with all these other shooters? 

I imagine they will have to include a much larger player cap (That goes back to MAG of course.), but other than that, i cannot see what will make 3 any different from Bad Company 2.  And as for it being PC exclusive, well, that isnt going to happen.  How do you think EA is going to seperate this game from every other DICE game/FPS on the market?
    udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By udabenshen

Man, really don't know.  If anything, the fact that battlefield 3 exist in some way is making me hold back on that Bad Company 2 purchase i was planning on making. 

Maybe they could bring in more aerial combat,  a commander style class?  DICE is quite the developer, but they sure have a ton on their plate.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By FireBurger
    @udabenshen: Don't know if you've bought BC2 yet, or not, but BF3 is probably a good ways off.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jmrwacko

Destruction, lots of vehicles, and a really high player count. Preferably push it past 64 players. DICE also needs to tighten the controls, make it feel a bit more like Call of Duty imo. They've got the edge over the CoD franchise though with things like bullet drop and large map size. But CoD has been beating the Battlefield series in regards to matchmaking, persistent unlocks, and objective based gameplay since CoD4, so that's something DICE will have to work on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.