Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

What makes land mines show up on the minimap?

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Nadafinga

I'm curious what makes the land mines (and claymores and C4) show up on the mini map. As far as I can tell its not from using the "spot" function, and I've noticed them appear and disappear, even when I'm looking right at them. I've played this game for over 100 hours, and still can't figure this part out. Thanks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I think it's one of those tank radar thingies? I'm not sure, I've never been into specs and personalization.

Solidsnak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Solidsnak

pretty sure they only show up if you or your team put them down. And they may disappear if your team is putting down more since there is a limit to how many can be deployed at once.

edisonwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By edisonwhite

They are marked with the spot key just like enemy players and vehicles. However, they stay marked on the map much longer than players, and your soldier won't make a vocal call out about them as often as he does about enemy units, which may explain why it seems inconsistent.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Nadafinga: If you're an engineer they should appear.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @bwmcmaste said:

@Nadafinga: If you're an engineer they should appear.

This. If you are an engineer enemy mines just appear at a set radius from you. Which is great in vehicles

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.