What System are you Buying BF3 for?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

I have friends who play it on both the PC and 360, but my PC ran the Beta at about 20FPS on lowest (outdated computer), and I suck with analog sticks. Also, the console versions don't have 64 player modes.

I might end up buying the console version when it's cheap, since buying a new PC is so damn expensive, but I wish they had 64 players =(.

What system are yall buying it for, and why?

#2 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

Xbox and PC;

Xbox so i can play it with my brother.

PC because it looks so damn sexy.

#3 Posted by Shikon (176 posts) -

PC only. for me i mean i bought a new computer for the game... and all my friends will be playing it soo =p

also mcfart.. if your pc can't handle 32 players.. i would not really worry about 64 =p unless you like 3 frames a second.

i might opt for the console version if i were you? unless you plan on buying a new pc in the near future.

#4 Posted by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

@Shikon said:

PC only. for me i mean i bought a new computer for the game... and all my friends will be playing it soo =p

also mcfart.. if your pc can't handle 32 players.. i would not really worry about 64 =p unless you like 3 frames a second.

i might opt for the console version if i were you? unless you plan on buying a new pc in the near future.

Naw, CB with 64 players was only about 10 FPS less then Op.Metro with 32. However, that brought me to about 10 FPS >_>.

Also I hate EA for making the console version inferior. Dosen't MAG or something on the PS3 support 256 players? Why can't BF3 consoles do 64?

#5 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

PS3 so I can play it with some of my mates.

#6 Posted by Shikon (176 posts) -

i never played mag. so all i can do is pure speculation but... from the quicklook at least it wasn't 256 people.

it was more like 16 people per server. and 4 servers were linked progress wise but you could never go form say from objective A to D to help them out?

anyway that's what it looked like to me. that the whole 256 player thing was a lie but maybe someone that played the game should answer that =p

#7 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

360. My PC isn't powerful enough, and none of my friends own a PS3.

#8 Posted by mr_ace (54 posts) -

pc

#9 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

The 360.

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

PeeCee.

#11 Posted by Super_Yosh_64 (126 posts) -

i like the look of it more on ps3 but the controls on 360 are better and none of my friends have a ps3

#12 Posted by ImmenseBrick (1 posts) -

Well, I can run the pc version on ultimate with solid 40-60fps depending on whats going on, but EA' is the devil with origin, and I refuse to support origin when it is not better than steam, its eula is complete bullshit, and quite frankly ea needs to learn their place. Played the beta on xbox but my eyes hurt after switching from pc. So, I will not play the game until Ea and valve get their shit together. BTW, ive logged like 130 hrs in bad company 2, good job ea, go to hell.

#13 Posted by Wuddel (2098 posts) -

A very good friend of mine, finally moved to FPS on consoles .... so PS3. Probably will get the PC-version as well. On a sale. If Origin has that.

#14 Posted by amir90 (2164 posts) -

Whatever device I am using to write this on.

#15 Posted by Swoxx (3003 posts) -

Why is this not a poll?

I was going 360, but now I'm going PC.

Now I only need 1500 bucks so I don't have to play on low settings to get 60fps

#16 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

If I had an awesome PC that can run it really well, I would get it for PC. Since that is not the case, I am getting it for Xbox 360.

#17 Posted by CheapPoison (737 posts) -

Pc.

Still deciding though..

#18 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

This could have been a poll.

PC.

#19 Posted by djfantastica (7 posts) -

I don't have a PC that can run it (although it's on my magical list of things to buy one day), so I'll be going with 360 or PS3. Haven't decided between them though. I played BC2 on PS3, but more of my 360 friends are getting it, so idk.

#20 Posted by ShockD (2409 posts) -

PC.

#21 Posted by Franstone (1134 posts) -

This is the first time I'm gonna "be that guy" and say I think this poll already exists...

Getting it for PC

Cuz Battlefield

#22 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

well i spent my bonus on building a gaming PC a few months back (same PC tested build for jeff) so PC. in fact from now on il buy every multiplatform game on the PC

#23 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

PC at release. Might get the 'next gen Xbox' or 'WiiU' version, if it's any good and offers 64p Conquest. Might get the PS3 GotY version with all DLC in a year or two, to check in with my FL.

#24 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

360, but after the holiday season the only games I plan on buying are Bioshock Infinite and ME3. After that I'm saving my money to build a new PC rig. I feel like I have supported the current console generation long enough. Once I've built a new rig I'll buy it for PC.

#25 Edited by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

Neither PC or Console.

I like to play like Rambo too much.

That gets you destroyed in Battlefield.

#26 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

PC and WiiU

#27 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

PC. 

#28 Posted by TIEfighter77 (80 posts) -

PC.

#29 Posted by SmilingPig (1340 posts) -

I am holding out for the Phantom version.

#30 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

360 because it's the king of consoles.

#31 Posted by Wraxend (567 posts) -

PS3

Hmm strange no one seems to be waiting to get it on the WiiU.

#32 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

If I wind up buying it, it'll be PC. Because PC is glorious.

#33 Posted by pieman32 (163 posts) -

xbox

#34 Posted by robdburrows (40 posts) -

I'm getting it for 360 because my PC sucks, I am weary of origin, and I figure since the 360's architecture is more similar to a PC than the PS3 It would run smoother.

BTW, this is not a fanboy comment. I own all 3 major current generation consoles. If anything I am a Sega Saturn/ Dreamcast fanboy.

#35 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

Dont have a pc YET. So 360 first then later down the road pc.

#36 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Gameboy Color.

#37 Posted by big_jon (5741 posts) -

#38 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

100% on 360, perhaps also on PC.

#39 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

PC. It seems far superior.

#40 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (501 posts) -

PC because first person shooters are better with a mouse and keyboard.

#41 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

PS3 this year.

PC next year.

#42 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

PS3 since I don't have a PC. But if I did id totally get the PC version.

#43 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

XBOX 360.

#44 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Preordered for PS3 since my 360 died. I just picked up the official Sony Wireless Headset so I'm stoked.

#45 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -

I plan on buying Battlefield 3 for the PC.

#46 Edited by yorro (558 posts) -

PC, since my 4 year old $800 PC can still run this at virtually high settings at 60FPS. And 64 Players is nuff said.

#47 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -

Not even a poll?

#48 Posted by squirrelnacho (331 posts) -

PC

#49 Posted by StrainedEyes (1326 posts) -
@Shikon

i never played mag. so all i can do is pure speculation but... from the quicklook at least it wasn't 256 people.

it was more like 16 people per server. and 4 servers were linked progress wise but you could never go form say from objective A to D to help them out?

anyway that's what it looked like to me. that the whole 256 player thing was a lie but maybe someone that played the game should answer that =p

No, they were all connected. There was a YouTube video of all the players meeting together.
#50 Posted by Beaudacious (930 posts) -

If you're not getting it for pc, i'd just buy MW3 on console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.