Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Where the flip is the Aftermath coverage?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Aftermath's out on all platforms, at least for premium users, and there's no coverage anywhere. Not on general gaming sites. Not on PC-centric gaming sites. It's seems to be lost on everyone. Why? Battlefield's a big fucking deal. How is there no coverage whatsoever?

As far as I'm concerned, it's well worthy of coverage. To be played. To be discussed. It's an awesome expansion, and there's at least 2 million Premium users out there. Hell - the biggest PC-centric mag in the world (Gamestar.de) asks its users, which game's the FPS game of the year - and Battlefield 3's DLC releases are in the lead with roughly 1/3 of all votes - with 44k people voting.Do they have Aftermath coverage though? Nope.

I don't get it. Every other Battlefield 3 expansion got good coverage. What's different now?

autumn_thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By autumn_thunder

There's diminishing returns on coverage on DLC for a game. Especially since BF3 has a season pass - the people that would have gotten it would have bought it already. Let's also not forget it's the middle of the holiday rush now; review sites are busy readying their GOTY features, etc.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By L44

Yeah man what the fudge?

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jasonefmonk

BREAKING NEWS: THERE IS A NEW MAP PACK FOR BATTELFIELD, IT'S CALLED AFTERMATH ... IT SEEMS TO STILL BE A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER!

But seriously, what can anyone say? It exists. Do sites normally have coverage for every Call of Duty map and every Gran Turismo car?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

It's not big news.

"BF3 is still a modern military first person shooter with a huge focus on multiplayer. Here's some more maps. They're good, you should play them."

I mean, it's a year old game that less and less people are playing every week.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Because the game has been out for more than a year now. I have almost 40,000 kills in that game and even I couldn't give two shits. This game has burned me too many times and AK was shit just like most of the other maps that launched with this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DLC for a year-old modern military first-person shooter, a game that has a relatively nonexistent zeitgeist anymore, should probably be the headline on every gaming website.

Probably.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says

Gamespot now playing on youtube had a 2 hour video of it. Go watch it. Actually go watch all of gamespot now playing, they always have awesome "quick looks" of new games. I wish GB would do the same because I don't like any of the personalities on gamespot.com

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By konig_kei

No dinosaurs, no interest.

Jetpaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jetpaction

Would love to see another TNT for Aftermath and Armored Kill with Mike Horn at the controls. The previous TNT's were a lot of fun to watch, even if you're not a BF3 fan.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KittyVonDoom

My controller doesn't rumble when the tremors hit. WTF DICE YOU ASSHOLES.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By seannao

I wonder if all the Premium members are going to get a BF4-Beta Key. It's so shitty that they didn't think to include actual fans of the game as part of the first wave of users that they might maybe possibly want to hook into the next game after they essentially paid for two copies of BF3 already.

Also, yes I did purchase BF Premium. I haven't played for 3 months due to Planetside 2 and computer update woes. Maybe I'll get back into it since the upgrade's all sorted out and a 30 minute test yielded some average framerates above 30 (very playable for me instead of playing the stuttery framerate I used to have like feeling out a Ouija board.)

I think they're just ready to bury the game and fire up the BF4 marketing mill to be quite cynical about it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Seppli

I mean seriously... how's a map like Markath Monolith not news? The scope and scale of that map truely shows, how there's not going to be many limits left with Frostbite 2 on the next generation of mass market consumer hardware. Just look at how much more they're getting out of it already. We are not that far away from duking it out Battlefield-style in the street canyons of New York or something like that - with choppers, tanks, jets and crazy destruction mayhem.

Also - finally a map with chopper duels, that aren't gunner-driven, or work with lame-ass lock-on weapons. As an avid chopper pilot, this is my new favorite hunting ground.

grendelpierat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By grendelpierat

Get the feeling that BF3 will soon be on the wayside at the start of the next gaming quarter as EA starts ramping up the hype for BF4 from then until years end, going off the trend for them to alternate between this and the now laughably generic MoH games that do nothing to stand out in the gaming market. If we're lucky then they'll offer beta keys for BFPremium users to generate some last minute interest in their current release and keep the community active on all platforms.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Etnos

OUTRAGEOUS! WHERE IS THE COVERAGE!?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By MikkaQ

It's old news, BF3 is over a year old, and there are better shooters out there. And no one needs the coverage, at this point, you were either going to buy it or not, so it's not helping anybody.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By murisan

@MikkaQ said:

It's old news, BF3 is over a year old, and there are better shooters out there. And no one needs the coverage, at this point, you were either going to buy it or not, so it's not helping anybody.

Better shooters? Don't say Planetside 2, please. I don't feel like spending half an hour planning an attack just to have the pilot crash into the landing site.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mikemcn

It is a shame, those maps are great, they have the intensity of Close Quarters with the size of armored kill, they're great. Scavenger is neat too.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By BoatDrinks

It is kind of odd that no one is covering it. I mean, even GB has done quick looks of halo map packs before. Guess the timing was bad.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Lukeweizer

What's their to cover? Do you like Battlefield 3? Then you probably already knew about Aftermath and will probably be getting it anyway.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PatchRowcester

@big_jon said:

Because the game has been out for more than a year now. I have almost 40,000 kills in that game and even I couldn't give two shits. This game has burned me too many times and AK was shit just like most of the other maps that launched with this game.

Really? I thought it was a pretty damn good expansion pack. The maps are very unique, and although task superiority didn't really take off, conquest was really epic on those maps.

I thought bandar desert and alborz mountains are the best maps in BF3.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By GreggD

@PatchRowcester said:

@big_jon said:

Really? I thought it was a pretty damn good expansion pack. The maps are very unique, and although task superiority didn't really take off, conquest was really epic on those maps.

Yeah man, AK was great. And the return of ATV's was awesome.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By big_jon

@GreggD said:

@PatchRowcester said:

@big_jon said:

I look for fun, balanced, good quality maps in my map packs, not gimmicky little additions. These maps were some of the worst yet, and the only thing I actually enjoyed in the end was tank superiority, but that is because I am a huge tanker in BF games.

The sad thing is these AK maps were supposed to be focused on people like me, but unfortinatly Dice seemed to think that putting a stupid number of vehicles meant that vehicle users would like these maps, Karkand was pretty good all in all, Close quarters was the one that I was least into and turned out to be better than AK, and aftermath seems alright, but I am just not into BF3 right now. Dice needs re learn how to make maps again, especially on console, BC2 has so many good maps, BF3 has literally no high quality rush maps.

Aside from gunplay BF3 was a total let down in almost every way. Vehicle combat is poor, the tanks drive like bumper cars and Reactive armour is so random that it breaks tank combat balance. The over abundance of lock on weapons, AC-130's in general, the poopy maps especially rush ones, jets on console serving no purpose, and Helo's are a joke because of all the lock on in the game, they fly well and are fun otherwise but really, the balance in this game has never been even close to spot on, well at one point it was getting there but now it is way off again. These are the things that lead me to hate a huge part of Battlefield 3 and Armoured Kill.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By GreggD

@big_jon said:

@GreggD said:

@PatchRowcester said:

@big_jon said:

I look for fun, balanced, good quality maps in my map packs, not gimmicky little additions. These maps were some of the worst yet, and the only thing I actually enjoyed in the end was tank superiority, but that is because I am a huge tanker in BF games.

The sad thing is these AK maps were supposed to be focused on people like me, but unfortinatly Dice seemed to think that putting a stupid number of vehicles meant that vehicle users would like these maps, Karkand was pretty good all in all, Close quarters was the one that I was least into and turned out to be better than AK, and aftermath seems alright, but I am just not into BF3 right now. Dice needs re learn how to make maps again, especially on console, BC2 has so many good maps, BF3 has literally no high quality rush maps.

Aside from gunplay BF3 was a total let down in almost every way. Vehicle combat is poor, the tanks drive like bumper cars and Reactive armour is so random that it breaks tank combat balance. The over abundance of lock on weapons, AC-130's in general, the poopy maps especially rush ones, jets on console serving no purpose, and Helo's are a joke because of all the lock on in the game, they fly well and are fun otherwise but really, the balance in this game has never been even close to spot on, well at one point it was getting there but now it is way off again. These are the things that lead me to hate a huge part of Battlefield 3 and Armoured Kill.

There are a grand total of three lock-on weapons in the entirety of BF3. Also, what use are jets at all, let alone on console?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By big_jon

@GreggD said:

@big_jon said:

@GreggD said:

@PatchRowcester said:

@big_jon said:

There are a grand total of three lock-on weapons in the entirety of BF3. Also, what use are jets at all, let alone on console?

Really, that is the one thing you respond about?

Not sure if you understand this but three types of lock on weapons does not prevent 10 guys having them in a match all at once. Also there are way more than 3 lock on weapons in Battlefield 3, tanks have guided shell, Jets have lock on AA rockets and Air to ground rockets as well, same with choppers, Footsoldiers get Javelins, Stingers, and that's not even including the Russian/US versions.

Edit:

I just saw the jet remark, on PC they help control the over all vehicle dominance on the map, they deal with choppers so they are not killing tanks, so those are not killing infantry, but with 24 players and having up to 3 on each team in jets on each team, then two more in choppers it just makes for empty maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.