Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

100 Things You've Learned Playing BF4

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli
    • 1. FLIR sights + smoke grenades = hilarity/awesomeness for playing the objective (smoke obscures vision and FLIR sees through smoke)
    • 2. You cannot properly defend a MCOM from a position behind it.
    • 3. A majority of players lacks the common sense to push past the MCOMs and establish a frontline between the MCOMs and the enemy.
    • 4. Patrol Boats are hella OP.
    • 5. DICE is equal measures ambitious and sloppy and awesome.
    • 6. Nothing's quite as satisfying as knocking out a camping sniper pest with a SUAV. *Bonk*
    • 7. When given the opportunity to equip a Stinger, I'll always equip it and yell "Snake, fire the Stinger!!!!!".
    • 8. Q = win. SPOT GODDAMNIT.
    • 9. ACE is the place for OP rifles.
    • 10. When buildings fa--*crash*
    • 11. Never buy an EA product again.
    • 12. Always wait for reviews, both from critics and the community. Always.
    • 13. When the second major patch didn't fix the game it became clear it was time to move on (Xbox One)
    • 14. If you are not sure its a fart, don't push anything out or you might crash your helicopter into Nakatomi Plaza.
    • 15. Sometimes, holding your ground is better than pushing ahead.
    • 16. If you are quiet like mouse, you will hear the pests approach.
    • 17. If you have decent surround sound equipment, you can pinpoint threats with scary precision.
    • 18. MBTs are primarily siege weapons. Play long angles.
    • 19. A long angle is only useful, if it suppresses an area pertinent to the objective at hand. Capture Points. MCOMs. Bomb Sites.
    • 20. Don't expose patol boat to stationary TOW launchers. Be aware of TOW launcher locations.
    • 21. Don't play long angles with patrol boats. At effective range (medium to close), it outguns anything. Even at far angles, javelins are a threat, whilst you are less of a threat to the engineers wielding them.
    • 22. You can repair patrol boats from seat 4. Aim repair torch at mounted rocketlauncher.
    • 23. You can repair a great many vehicles from passanger seats, such as Scout and Transport Helicopters. Equip AA rocketlauncher and repair torch on a Scout Chopper for maximum efficiency.
    • 24. Crosshairs are surprisingly accurate on scout choppers. No need to account for deviation from scout chopper movement, just account for range. Guns. Rockstlaunchers. Grenadelaunchers. All work great. Hell, even pistols can score kills. Throw grenades for hilarity.
    • 25. Learn the quirks of every vehicles' crosshairs. With what part of it to aim where in what situtation. For example the patrolboat. I aim it with the vertical line with great efficiency, accounting for drop, not getting distracted by minimal side to side deviation.
    • 26. You can install Ammo and Med Crates on some vehicles.
    • 27. Watch how to apply Ammo Crate to great effect on a dirt bike. -Mountain Goating-
    • 28. You can change your kits at a commander's supply drop by pressing E. Hella dope!
    • 29. I really need to organize my desktop icons.
    • 30. Charge the paddles to res someone at full health or at least drop a med bag/box.
    • 31. While deployed, you might be inclined to believe there is no overview map. That is not true however. L1/R1 to toggle between the scoreboard and the overview map. Stumbled upon it like 400 hours into the game... go figure.

Will update periodically.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

7. When given an opportunity to equip a Stinger, I'll always equip it and yell "Snake, fire the Stinger!!!!!"

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cluter

8. Q = win. SPOT GODDAMNIT.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

9. ACE is the place for OP rifles.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10. When buildings fa--*crash*

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11. Never buy an EA product again.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12. Always wait for reviews, both from critics and the community. Always.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

13. When the second major patch didn't fix the game it became clear it was time to move on (Xbox One)

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

14. If you are not sure its a fart, don't push anything out or you might crash your helicopter into Nakatomi Plaza.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli

15. Sometimes, holding your ground is better than pushing ahead.

16. If you are quiet like mouse, you will hear the pests approach.

17. If you have decent surround sound equipment, you can pinpoint threats with scary precision.

18. MBTs are primarily siege weapons. Play long angles.

19. A long angle is only useful, if it suppresses an area pertinent to the objective at hand. Capture Points. MCOMs. Bomb Sites.

20. Don't expose patol boat to stationary TOW launchers. Be aware of TOW launcher locations.

21. Don't play long angles with patrol boats. At effective range (medium to close), it outguns anything. Even at far angles, javelins are a threat, whilst you are less of a threat to the engineers wielding them.

22. You can repair patrol boats from seat 4. Aim repair torch at mounted rocketlauncher.

23. You can repair a great many vehicles from passanger seats, such as Scout and Transport Helicopters. Equip AA rocketlauncher and repair torch on a Scout Chopper for maximum efficiency.

24. Crosshairs are surprisingly accurate on scout choppers. No need to account for deviation from scout chopper movement, just account for range. Guns. Rockstlaunchers. Grenadelaunchers. All work great. Hell, even pistols can score kills. Throw grenades for hilarity.

25. Learn the quirks of every vehicles' crosshairs. With what part of it to aim where in what situtation. For example the patrolboat. I aim it with the vertical line with great efficiency, accounting for drop, not getting distracted by minimal side to side deviation.

26. You can install Ammo and Med Crates on some vehicles.

27. Watch how to apply Ammo Crate to great effect on a dirt bike. -Mountain Goating-

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

28. You can change your kits at a commander's supply drop by pressing E. Hella dope!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

29. I really need to organize my desktop icons

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#13 fisk0  Moderator

It's crazy how many people still don't do that after so many years with the franchise, I always spot before shooting.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

@fisk0 said:

@shatteringlast said:

It's crazy how many people still don't do that after so many years with the franchise, I always spot before shooting.

BF:BC 1 had 3D autospotting. Just shooting at people lit them up with a Dorito. While it was kinda cheap, the overall situtational awareness of everyone was through the roof. I kinda miss those days. Might just be Nostalgia.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@fisk0 said:

@shatteringlast said:

BF:BC 1 had 3D autospotting. Just shooting at people lit them up with a Dorito. While it was kinda cheap, the overall situtational awareness of everyone was through the roof. I kinda miss those days. Might just be Nostalgia.

Even playing BF4 I always feel like if I got shot, I'm spotted now, and I chill for a moment. I LOVED how they did that on BF:BC 1 since spotting on a controller for BF:BC2 was kind of awkward. Now that I'm on PC, I'll usually spot as I'm shooting a guy. So easy. SO EASY.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@shatteringlast said:

@seppli said:

@fisk0 said:

@shatteringlast said:

Even playing BF4 I always feel like if I got shot, I'm spotted now, and I chill for a moment. I LOVED how they did that on BF:BC 1 since spotting on a controller for BF:BC2 was kind of awkward. Now that I'm on PC, I'll usually spot as I'm shooting a guy. So easy. SO EASY.

At first I was turned off by the controller changes for BF4 on consoles, but they did move the spotting button to R2, right below the fire button (R1), so now you can spot with the same ease as you shoot on consoles too.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

30. Charge the paddles to res someone at full health or at least drop a med bag/box.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seppli

31. While deployed, you might be inclined to believe there is no overview map. That is not true however. L1/R1 to toggle between the scoreboard and the overview map. Stumbled upon it like 400 hours into the game... go figure.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

100x Electronics Arts' quality control really went out the window.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't edit the OP anymore these days... bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.