Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 and Stability - How Is It for You?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

Poll Battlefield 4 and Stability - How Is It for You? (114 votes)

PC and stable. 12%
    PC and unstable. 43%
    PS3 and stable. 3%
    PS3 and unstable. 1%
    360 and stable. 0%
    360 and unstable. 4%
    Don't own BF4. Show results. 38%

Battlefield on consoles has always been the most crashing game in the history of console games. DICE is simply pushing these machines too far, eversince Bad Company 1. Battlefield 4 is no different. It's crashing and freezing up my PS3 constantly. It was no different when I played BF:BC 1 and BF 1943 on 360.

PC usually fares no better at launch, but eventually it will run smooth as butter. Currently BF4 is however in the launch phase, and many suffer from issues. Some may already have a smooth experience, but I guess many don't.

How about you? You experiencing as many console freezes as I do? Does BF4 crash, or even freeze up your PC?

P.S. I find it odd that nobody ever calls DICE out on the stability issues on consoles. It's been such a prevalent issue with the Battlefield games, yet no word is ever uttered to state that fact in reviews and such.

• 
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

The very first night it came out it ran perfectly. Every night since then it's been unplayably laggy no matter what server I play on and the game is constantly crashing to desktop or disconnecting me from the server. Happening to my friend as well. Rather frustrating. I also gave up on trying to play online one night and fired up the single player. It's pretty bad but getting to run around with Omar is pretty sweet. Till it crashed to desktop at the end of a very long mission and now I gotta play through it again and I have not touched single player since. I tried to play a game the other night and while it didn't lag the whole time, it crashed to desktop once and then disconnected me from the server.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

PC here and unstable as fuck.

The single player campaign crashed at least once a mission, and I had a save corrupt twice in the second last mission of the game and had to restart that mission. Also a tonne of glitches.

Last night was my first time playing multiplayer, and over the course of 4 hours I crashed once every two maps, had lag/rubber banding on most others. Certain maps crashed the servers I played on or most of the people in it.

In short, it's actually worse than the launch of BF3, which shocks me. I should have known what to expect in the first couple of weeks, but it is still disappointing.

Worst still, I went to play TF2 to actually play a functional game and it was all the Halloween bullshit that does not interest me at all. Ugh.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've don't think I've ever exited out of the game. It will eventually crash to desktop, and I'll either reload it, or just quit.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PC version is fucked. I have lost count of how many unlocks I have lost because of server/client crashes. It's the most unstable PC game I have played in years.

I don't know what they changed between this and BF3 that's causing this much instabilallity. But the "leveloution" defiantly isn't worth all this hassle.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

Guess what. After BF4 crashed on me, I thought I'd give GTA V a spin. Had a good time doing some stunts and selling some cars in the open world. Busting some fools with my Gat. Then of course it crashed, when I wanted to host a round of Dock Ring pro racing.

Oh videogames... the best and most ambitious of them always let me down.

Edit: Jesus. Three times in a row I get a freeze upon first spawn. Hopeless.

Edit 2: Make that 4 times.

Edit 3: Make that 5 times. I'm starting to get worried now.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had several server crashes and game crashes in general but the past couple of days have been a whole lot more stable since launch.

PC

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Sterling

I haven't had a crash or lock up (ps3). But it is a mass. Many bugs/glitches that I have ran into. Mostly in SP though. Haven't had any issues in MP other than the XP glitch.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

I haven't had a crash or lock up (ps3). But it is a mass. Many bugs/glitches that I have ran into. Mostly in SP though. Haven't had any issues in MP other than the XP glitch.

See. I haven't lost any XP or unlocks, even when my box froze up. What type of PS3 do you have? I've a 2nd gen 80 GB fatty.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PC version, sound cuts in and out constantly and either the game or server keep crashing. What I have played I have enjoyed though.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm On PC. Sometimes I go three or four full rounds, no issues. But at this point I'm happy just to make it through one round and actually keep the progress towards my unlocks. Hurts playing for 20-30 mins, having a decent game and then crashing, or d/c to lose any gained progress. Thankfully I love the game and would play even without the unlocks, but it's been a little annoying.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli

I'm starting to suspect my freezes have something to do with a specific Support soldier loadout. I'm spawning fine as the other classes, but everytime I tried to spawn as Support guy it freezes my box tonight. Wierd.

Edit: Jup. Tested it. It has to be something about my Support kit that freezes my PS3 everytime. Fuck.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli

Oh lol. Just googled it, and really, the *Indirect Fire Field Upgrade* for the Support Kit freezes BF4 on PS3 and even 360 100% of the time.

So I guess problem solved... kinda. Really makes me wonder how many of my system freezes were due to this bug? Most of 'em I bet.

PSA: Console players, don't equip the *Indirect Fire Field Upgrade*, or suffer the consequences. Over and over again.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: ...that is an insane bug.

How the fuck does that not get picked up in QA?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@ps4_fanboy said:

See. I haven't lost any XP or unlocks, even when my box froze up. What type of PS3 do you have? I've a 2nd gen 80 GB fatty.

I have a 2nd gen 80Gb fatty also. The XP thing is on the network end though, not the game itself. Its from the battlelog file not being uploaded to the server properly or at all, so its not updated on the server. And so you lose that XP. They say they are working on fixing it currently.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC here

The game crashes a lot, but fortunately for me, it tends to happen between rounds. I have yet to try single-player so I do not know how stable that portion of the game is.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: ...that is an insane bug.

How the fuck does that not get picked up in QA?

Yeah - that's really insane. Now I'm back to having mad fun. Technical hiccups aside, Battlefield 4 is absolutely insane. So much fun.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 and no problems. Gotta love console gaming, no errors, no driver updates, put the disc in and play.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it still gets stuck every now and then on a loading screen, but nothing as crazy anymore at least.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC here. It was near on unplayable for me at first but it's certainly got better these last two days. From what I understand, the skyscraper on siege is still causing half the server to crash but aside from that I've seen far fewer crashes or lag.

Yesterday night and this morning, I played multiple games with no issues...no lag, crashes, server disconnects. I also saw a message saying they're doing even more to fix it over the course of today.

They seem to be ironing it out fast enough, come next week this will all be long forgotten.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I crash every third map or so in multiplayer. It is very frustrating, but I have to say I am still having a lot of fun with the game. It looks incredible on my rig and the multi player is crazier than ever. Hopefully they fix the problems soon.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On PC:
    MP keeps on crashing as soon as some "levelution" happens, have yet to see the large skyscraper in Siege on Shanghai fall apart, getting random in-round crashes on other maps too when "levelution" happens. Besides that, i didn't experience any between round or other crashes.
    SP crashed 2 times in a row during the first mission, guess the third time had been the charm, after that the game didn't crash anymore for me in 7 hours finishing the SP and collecting some dogtags.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1080p Ultra 60fps+ until it crashes.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am playing on PC. Runs fantastic.....if I can get into a game. It crashes while connecting to a game more than 50% of the game. Once connected, I can usually play for 15-20 minutes before the server disconnects me.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did the beta run so well and the retail release fall apart like this?

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Performance wise pretty much expected.
    I hit 40 - 60 fps but when it gets really hectic (Which is pretty much all the time) it gets to 30s and sometimes even the 20s.
    Mixture of medium, high and ultra at 1080p.
    I really do need to upgrade my PC for next gen.

For the first few hours I was playing fine, no crashes, etc.
    Eventually the game just crashes it's just happening more and more, I'd say probably 1/5 or 1/4 of the time.. Right now I'm scared to play the game in case I lose my progress and unlocks, hasn't happened to me yet though.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to correct my self. Performance is great, but it crashes every third match now.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC and relatively stable. I haven't played MP in a few days but the last time I did I had a single client crash in around 5~ hours. I have an issue where it crashes in SP during one loading scene so I can't continue though...after the mission involving the Titan, the cutscene to the next mission crashes it.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pezen

360. It varies. Sometimes I go a few games without a hitch. And suddenly one game it crashed to the point of having to reboot the console, often when one of those levolution events occurs. When it does play though, the overall game runs just fine.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By droop

i5 2500K - GTX 680 - 8GB Memory.

I just use the auto graphic settings (so a mix between high and ultra at 1440p)

I've only had probably 4 crashes in about 60 rounds. So I'd say it's been a fairly stable experience.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on 360 and get a hard freeze like every third match it sucks. But it always freezes at the loading screen never during a match.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mars

PS4 and fucking terrible!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.