Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 Check Up

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jasonefmonk

This week (27 Jan - 2 Feb) EA has discounted Battlefield 4 on PS4. The base game for $14 and the Premium Edition for $28. I was wondering how everyone feels after seeing all of the DLC and watching the patches roll through. I was really pleased with BF3 Premium by the time that all finished.

Did this game ever get fixed? Did the expanded content add to the experience? How actIve is PSN?

Thanks in advance.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Yeah, the game has been working just fine for a long time now. The map packs are mostly very good and worth getting. I haven't played the last one, though. $28 for the game with all the DLC is a damn good deal. Still plenty of people playing on PSN, too.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the reply, I'm not interested in Hardline so this seems like the one for me. It does look like a steeper discount than Battlefield 3 had at this point in it's life. Hard to believe the game released just 15 months ago.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

$28 is about right for this whole spiel. You will be FLOODED with free shit immediately and won't know what to do with yourself, though.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game has always been great and still is.
    I never thought the problems were as bad as people made out.
    infact im going to stick it on now :D

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The multiplayer has been pretty much rock solid for me for the past 6 months or so, but there's still an issue where campaign progress is reset, seemingly at random. If that's not deal breaker, or you plan on completing the campaign in one or two sittings, then go for it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So I've been playing this game nonstop since watching my buddy play the Hardline beta. It works perfectly on PS4 and I love the large-scale battles since I never had a great PC.

I want some DLC. What would people recommend? I stick to Rush and Conquest so I'm wondering which of those are the most active.

I'm tempted to just go Premium (best value!), but I'm also wondering if the population will drop off for Hardline. That seems like a smaller scale thing, though, so I kind of don't want to? I can't fly a jet, but I certainly like to try and crash immediately.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By rachelepithet

I bought premium when the Hardline beta started, and during it, it was a little hard find full games on DLC only servers, specifically Rush mode. Specifically the earlier three map packs. It didnt affect the base game.

On team death match youd start with four people, and more would trickle into the server so by the time the next match started itd be full. Rush mode didnt seem to find people at all and id be put on servers by myself. Conquest was always full with people. So hit or miss.

The DLC maps are very huge, and best for conquest mode anyway.

Once the beta ended, no trouble with TDM or conquest, still some trouble with Rush. But I feel im enjoying having new maps to play on more than the fact that I can't always play my favorite mode Rush on them.

The DLC maps, and even the parts fenced off for smaller Team Deathmatches, seem way more interesting, cooler, more fun, whatever adjective, than the stock maps. They add things like dirt bikes, drivable forklifts. Youll get like 14 gold battlepacks instantly for signing up.

Its been an okay experience for the $20 I paid for premium. Dont know if youd feel the same for $50 though.

A lot fewer people will buy Hardline day one than tried the beta.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats a tasty deal have been thinking of getting back to playing recently . and yes .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.