Giant Bomb Official Battlefield 4 PC Server (Details Inside)

• 177 results
#1 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

Status: Funded! Special thanks to @tiefighter77,@patchcoat, @ladnar, @branthog, @zurv, @mageknight for help in funding!

Server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/dbc3a85a-30dc-414b-a21d-abc8d1b5e7b5/

Tracker (Join the dumb clan if you want?): http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.149.34:30000/

Reserved Slots: We're going to test out reserved slots over the coming week without force-kicks. Right now if you enter a server queue on a full server you're placed in line. People with BF4 Premium move ahead of those without, but otherwise you enter the server in the order to which you joined. What these type-1 reserved slots will do is move any Giant Bomb person on the list to the front of that line so you'll be the first one in when a slot opens. This will allow us to get GB'ers in more quickly without kicking people and ruining the community we've established.

I've assembled a list of names almost entirely from my own Origin friends list. It should cover a lot of our core players, but certainly not all. Please take a look to see if your Battlefield name is on this list, and if not let me know so I can add you. Please note it may take a day or two for your name to then be added to the reserved slots on the server.

*Note* As of now the reserved slots do seem to be working, though when you join the queue it will not necessarily reflect that you're reserved. Note that once a slot opens though, even if you're 12th in the queue, you should zip right into the first opening. It's a bit odd, but hey. DICE.

Name list as of Nov 3:

1nfinitum

adamm0

Alibambam

Akrid3

AlexW00d

Alien715

Artrusus

bradx0r

Branthog

Burgercode

Capum15Returns

cdude9590

Chavtheworld

chronomuffin

CyberKun

Dacnomaniacx

DanGarf

dannyodwyer

Darksaw

DarkTravesty

Demosthorn

EnemaEms

enemykite

ExtremePopcorn

Fattony12000

FelixMaximus

flombyLOL

Fobwashed

fr0y0

Franstone

Garris128

generalen99

GiantBombing

gpbmike

granderojo78

Gribley

grottomatic

Gruvac

headandneck

HelmetBunny

hobozero77

HoM3R-NL

ironeyeball

ItsThatAsianBoy

Jeldh

JuHoZione

Kaj235

Katharislion

KingSalo

Krazhier

lazerbladez

Llama_egg

M1st3r_V

Mageknight12

Magicmarker78

MarinoGA

mary_effn_popins

McNeckbeard

Mempf

mfpantst

Mikemcn21

Mitch0712

Moridin9

mosdl

MrWoks

Mushy701

Pascual

Patchcoat

Phant0mStalk3r

PieGB

po0m

PsEG

Rolyatkcinmai

roughneck771

SaitanMar

Salabrin

SamStrife

ScreamingFist

serverfull

SGTJackColt

Sin4Profit

Sinan617

Sjupp

Solskugga

sully2001ca

Superfluouss

SwoXx

Tactlesss

tariqari

TehKinslayer

thebunnyhunter

TIEfighter77

WilltheMgkAsian

Wohlfe

Wytpony

xRavelle

xWIMx

XyberDeath

ZagZagovich

Zero_Tekno

zoopzoopzoop

Zurv

Q: What kind of server are we getting?

A: We’re renting a 70 slot server out of New York / New Jersey. Battlefield 4 uses two extra slots for commanders and four extra slots for spectators (64 + 2 + 4). We rent east coast servers so that people on the west coast of the United States and those in Western Europe or the United Kingdom can get decent pings. There is no geographically ideal location so we do what we can. If you’re Australian, I’m sorry.

Q: Who the hell is running this thing?

A: Hi, I’m Nick. You might know me. I tend to be the person who rents/runs a lot of Giant Bomb’s PC servers. I rely on the kind folks of the PC Gaming Hub to help me administrate said servers. They did a lot of the work for Battlefield 3 and you can trust them again here.

Q: We did three Thursday Night Throwdowns on the BF3 server. Will the BF4 server be used in GB content?

A: I’m not sure! I talked to Jeff about it and he said they might consider doing a multiplayer show again at some point. I’d like to do it again, but I’ll have to talk to Jeff, Drew, and Rorie about it. If you want to see the stupidity our servers breed go watch any of the three BF3 TNTs, our TF2 MvM TNT, or our (best) Chivalry TNT.

#2 Edited by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

Aww yeah!

US?

Hell naw!

#UROPE4LYF

Edit: I'll guess I'll play with shitty ping then. Only for you duders <3

#3 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

Very cool of you to do this. Not sure if I'm going to get BF4, but if I do I'll check the server and donate.

#4 Posted by Zurv (444 posts) -

there.. $99.99 :) hopefully that is 'nuff to get the server running.

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1458 posts) -

You guys are getting a server? Man, I should buy the game then.

#6 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

$13.37, even though it's a NJ server. :)

You know me; I'm down for funding anything needed, when the time comes. If times get tight, hit me on twitter or something.

#7 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -
@zurv said:

there.. $99.99 :) hopefully that is 'nuff to get the server running.

Jeez dude! You're crazy! Thanks.

@branthog said:

$13.37, even though it's a NJ server. :)

You know me; I'm down for funding anything needed, when the time comes. If times get tight, hit me on twitter or something.

Very 1337 of you.

#8 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I might be picking up a new PC in the following months, so maybe I'll donate for the re-up.

#9 Edited by Zurv (444 posts) -

i expect to see @vinny's family on this sucker. If they thought of getting it on a console.. they should take that money and put it in a video card. that is the only way they are playing the game a 1080p and above. Hell, it doesn't even new to be a new grafix card. Get an old high end card from 2 years ago.. like a 7970.. and it already move power than ps4/xbone.

#10 Edited by tariqari (430 posts) -

How much money is needed to run the server per month?

edit* Actually, feel free to PM me about that.

#11 Edited by Ladnar (199 posts) -

Threw some money at it, I think. Got an error after the Paypal page.

Thanks man, always appreciate when people set up servers and clans for the community.

#12 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Should be a lot of fun! Unfortunately my last spare dime will be spent buying the game, but hey, I'll be there to flip the occasional switch for you guys to make sure it keeps running smoothly.

#13 Edited by Patchcoat (145 posts) -

@akrid @rolyatkcinmai All right, duder, contributed $7.75! I was on board last time around, and I always tried to play whenever possible with the community. Let's hope that this time around the games aren't so lopsided. I'll be playing with my brother Artrusus on day one, see you guys there.

Edit: Also, I'm still rocking the GBSQ clan tag. Is that still going to be our thing?

#14 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@akrid @rolyatkcinmai All right, duder, contributed $7.75! I was on board last time around, and I always tried to play whenever possible with the community. Let's hope that this time around the games aren't so lopsided. I'll be playing with my brother Artrusus on day one, see you guys there.

Edit: Also, I'm still rocking the GBSQ clan tag. Is that still going to be our thing?

So that's who that guy was. And yeah, that's pretty much the go to tag for any game with tags.

#15 Posted by TIEfighter77 (80 posts) -

@rolyatkcinmai: I just threw in $20. I'm down with this and ol' TIEfighter77 is still rocking his GBSQ clan tag as well.

#16 Posted by ikilledthedj (287 posts) -

Whats the Ping like from Australia?

I really wana play with some duders who know how to have a good time

#17 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -
@ladnar said:

Threw some money at it, I think. Got an error after the Paypal page.

Thanks man, always appreciate when people set up servers and clans for the community.

It worked! Thanks for the help.

Thanks!

@rolyatkcinmai: I just threw in $20. I'm down with this and ol' TIEfighter77 is still rocking his GBSQ clan tag as well.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the help, duder.

Whats the Ping like from Australia?

I really wana play with some duders who know how to have a good time

I'm not 100% sure what the ping will be from Australia, but I can't imagine it will be great. Battlefield is demanding when crossing the Atlantic, nevermind the Pacific. I wish there were a better way to remedy this.

#18 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

The server should be in California since GIant Bomb is in California.

Also, Xbox One servers are free... maybe we can all play there!

#19 Posted by Vexic (5 posts) -

Donated the min, but hope it helps (I'm poor.) Feel free to add me on Origin under Artrusus; looking forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield.

#20 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

@thehbk said:

More than 50% of the Giant Bomb PC community is in Europe, so no.

@vexic said:

Donated the min, but hope it helps (I'm poor.) Feel free to add me on Origin under Artrusus; looking forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield.

It absolutely does! Thanks.

I'm going to close donations tomorrow since we're just about at our total. Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed.

#21 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

Top post updated! Thanks, guys!

#22 Posted by LovermanOwens (30 posts) -

I am really looking forward to this game. Friend me on Origin if you like. Same name as my user name here. Can't wait to get in there.

#23 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Does anyone else have like 20 random people inviting to be friended on battlelog? I have no idea if these are GB people under different identities or if they're just spammers...

#24 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (466 posts) -

Damn - wish I had seen this earlier. If you end up extending your lease, I'm in for a donation.

#25 Edited by Zurv (444 posts) -

@branthog: spammers :) I've had no friends requests.. (nor do i want them ^_^)

#26 Posted by niko555 (120 posts) -

Any duders from Europe that want to play together?

My Origin id is niko500.

My regular crew i play with are extra poor this year and arent that intrested in bf4.

#27 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

@branthog said:

Does anyone else have like 20 random people inviting to be friended on battlelog? I have no idea if these are GB people under different identities or if they're just spammers...

Every time I log in. Most of them are GB'ers who are watching old TNTs.

#28 Posted by shatted (64 posts) -

Yes sir, I'll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to bombing with fellow bombers. Thanks!

#29 Posted by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

dat lag hot damn. I hope all this rubberbanding is sorted out soon!

#30 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1620 posts) -

Would there be someone willing to organize a european server? ... I'd be willing to chip in some moneys for that.

#31 Edited by TWISTEDH34T (51 posts) -

@rolyatkcinmai said:

@thehbk said:

Then why not host a EU server as well for the PC?

I personally don't have the game (yet) and being from the UK I'm not sure I'd have such a good time on a server based in New York,
but if someone could host a server in central Europe (maybe France?) then I assume that would surely satisfy the 50% of the GB PC community.

#32 Posted by fleabeard (183 posts) -

I tried to play on the server, but too many lag spikes for having 70-80 ping D:

#33 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

dat lag hot damn. I hope all this rubberbanding is sorted out soon!

Yeah, almost all 64 player servers are having it. Hoping DICE fixes it soon (seems PB related).

I personally don't have the game (yet) and being from the UK I'm not sure I'd have such a good time on a server based in New York,

but if someone could host a server in central Europe (maybe France?) then I assume that would surely satisfy the 50% of the GB PC community.

If you want to get $300 together and do it, go for it. We did two servers for BF3 (London and New York) and nobody ever used the London server. It got cancelled after its first term. Running two servers again is not something we have any real desire to do (nor is the GB community big enough to warrant it). Pings across the Atlantic are more than fine for the current server. Poland/Russia is where it starts to get laggy. As there is no island in the middle of the Atlantic to host servers on, NY is the best bet.

I tried to play on the server, but too many lag spikes for having 70-80 ping D:

Hoping DICE fixes it soon.

#34 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (587 posts) -

Cool. I didn't contribute anything since the next few weeks are going to be expensive for me. But I can contribute laughs and good times! Thanks to all helped get this thing going. Favorited. I'm pinging 90 from Vegas, so definitely playable. I'm NMeck702 on Origin if anyone wants to friend me. I'm putting up missions for my friends for dog tag unlocks.

#35 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@rolyatkcinmai said:

@thehbk said:

We did that for BF3, and whilst it was decent enough for the first couple of weeks, it slowed down 'cause a lot of the 'regulars' from the Bad Company 2 days all wanted to play together, so most people migrated to the US server. The ping there was about 100 from the UK, so it wasn't exactly great, but I personally was more interested in playing with cool dudes than winning so it was ok. It did get mighty laggy some times, but then lag spikes are a thing regardless of where you're connecting to.

#36 Edited by GaspoweR (3049 posts) -

I'm gonna add people from here as well though I won't be playing as much since I've got other stuff that needs to be done. Thanks for putting up a server, duders!

#37 Posted by GaspoweR (3049 posts) -

@zurv said:

i expect to see @vinny's family on this sucker. If they thought of getting it on a console.. they should take that money and put it in a video card. that is the only way they are playing the game a 1080p and above. Hell, it doesn't even new to be a new grafix card. Get an old high end card from 2 years ago.. like a 7970.. and it already move power than ps4/xbone.

Duder, I got a 7870 just a few months back and the game looks and runs great on that card as well. I'm running it on Windowed mode though at 1280x720 with almost all Ultra settings (with just Post-AA on medium and AA Deferred is off) instead of full screen in 1920x1080 on a 22-inch monitor since these days I'm playing games in short bursts by taking breaks in between long review sessions so I can alt+tab back to the browser and back to reviewing. 0_o Other than the resolution adjustment, I can play with those same settings on full screen. AMD and Nvidia's current $200-$300 cards (e.g. 760, R9 270x) are probably going to be able to run this game just fine on pretty high settings at 1080 resolution. On 30 inch monitors, at 1440, it'll probably take a performance hit with those cards but it'll still run well above 30 or 40 as long as AA isn't set too high.

#38 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

The stuttering / hitching issue seems to have been fixed so the server is good to go.

#39 Edited by soulcake (284 posts) -

yippii a community server now i have to wait until the game comes out :D

#40 Posted by JesterPC238 (341 posts) -

Awesome! I'm picking up my copy on my way home from class. Stoked that there's a server. Sorry that I didn't see this in time to contribute, but I'll chip in next time for sure!

#41 Posted by GW305 (19 posts) -

The multiplayer will not stop crashing on my computer. The single player campaign works fine and I've played a few different games just to make sure that isn't the new AMD driver that I downloaded messing thing up. I don't know what's going on but every time without fail I get 5-15 minutes into a game and then it freezes so I have to alt tab out and end the process in the task manager.

#42 Posted by niko555 (120 posts) -

@gw305: I have had the same problem.

Though it happens mostly on the siege of shanghai map.

#43 Posted by VMM (8 posts) -

@gw305: Ctrl+Shift+Esc take you straight to end process

#44 Posted by ttocs (763 posts) -

I ended up picking up the PC version but I haven't played in a long time. I'll hop on the server later tonight after work. I'd rather get better with friendly giant bombers than the rest of the battlefield community.

#45 Edited by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

Played a bit on this server last night. I'm in the UK and the ping/lag was fine :)

#46 Posted by EnemaEms (155 posts) -

I'm EnemaEms on Origin and will be happy to donate to the server fund. How do I do that?

#47 Edited by Skel (23 posts) -

This server just happened to appear at the top of my search results by ping last night. It was fun playing a few rounds with you guys (SkelLaTour). Added as a favorite, perhaps I'll see you again.

And to the guy who stabbed me in the throat with the carbon fiber knife... Thanks? ;)

#48 Posted by ZmillA (2271 posts) -

I'll be on. My name is ZmillA

#49 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (304 posts) -

I'll prolly pop on at some point. Come and get your KrunkHammer tags I guess lol.

#50 Posted by Zurv (444 posts) -

wassup with the server? it goes down all the time. I never made it through a match in the resort map. I think at most i made it for 3 map changes.. then *poof* everyone is kicked off and server is offline.

makes me a sad panda :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.