Giant Bomb Official Battlefield 4 PC Server (Details Inside)

• 177 results
#151 Posted by fleabeard (171 posts) -

So is the server dead? seems like prime time but no one is on :(

#152 Edited by HoM3R (205 posts) -

@fleabeard: Seems like it, friday till sundays just zero :(
Had it going with 6 people saterday evening but none joined after 30min waiting.
Seems like alot of random people removed it from favorites, thats what im doing if a server is 0 / 64 for a couple of days.

#153 Posted by fleabeard (171 posts) -

@hom3r: Well Dave put a call out on twitter to fill the sever so people are on it now :D

#154 Posted by HoM3R (205 posts) -
#155 Posted by Zurv (441 posts) -

boo... no one is on the server today :(

#156 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3052 posts) -

@zurv: I was! like two hours ago, shot up in the air a few times and then ran from one end of the prison map to the other end. Yeah nobody was on when I was on.

#157 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Hopefully this server is still alive and kicking. I just grabbed the game for $20 last night (this morning?) and am hoping to have more "gud tiems" with the GB duders. I still remember that PC Gaming Hub event where we did a mexican standoff in BF3. Such hilarious fun. Origin id: Subjugating

#158 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3052 posts) -

Hopefully this server is still alive and kicking. I just grabbed the game for $20 last night (this morning?) and am hoping to have more "gud tiems" with the GB duders. I still remember that PC Gaming Hub event where we did a mexican standoff in BF3. Such hilarious fun. Origin id: Subjugating

I think as long as the community hub set people will come. Just seems like with the coming holidays people might be too busy or preoccupied with other things.

#159 Posted by JohnFordColey (14 posts) -

Server is full now! Probably all those people who bought the game cheap. People like me.

Origin ID: JohnFordColey

#160 Posted by Itwastuesday (937 posts) -

Let's cheap people keep this server full! get innnnnn

#161 Posted by Redsox44 (481 posts) -

Can I get my name added? Origin ID: LEGGO_MY_EGGO_7

My first pc battlefield and it's great.

#162 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

I just checked out the server and it was pretty full. Maybe a slot or two open at the most, so that's great (no sarcasm). Now I just need to figure out why I get gnarly stuttering in MP when I didn't have any problems with the campaign.

#163 Edited by PsychoPenguin (147 posts) -

Just bought the game today for $20 :D Played for one hour on the server and it only crashed twice.

Origin id: p5ychop3nguin

#164 Edited by Zurv (441 posts) -

it is strange.. i only crash on the GB server... (i also lose a crazy amount of upgrades too)

but i enjoy the playing on that server.. so.. feh :)

#165 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Bought the game on Origin for $20. Waiting for my RAM to come in to finish upgrading my PC to current day specs. Will be playing this sometime next week.

#166 Edited by Robo (776 posts) -

I dunno what the deal is here. I just got a few good matches in and now I constantly get dropped from the server upon connecting.

Nvm...a quick google search got me a fix

#167 Posted by Zurv (441 posts) -

queue stuff working? I'm always sitting there for a really long time :)

I should be on the "fast list" and premium to boot :)

#168 Posted by Brutal_Bisp (145 posts) -

Can we enable the china rising maps?

#169 Posted by Zurv (441 posts) -

we should have another event to get the server jump started again? maybe we do something this weekend?

#170 Edited by HoM3R (205 posts) -

Would love to see China Rising now almost everybody got it. Might fill up the server abit hopefully.

#171 Posted by GaspoweR (2819 posts) -

Yeah, been aching to get back for some BF 4 duders, hopefully the servers can get updated with the new maps to be included in the rotation as well. :) @rolyatkcinmai Are you still getting some matches in or has the server been mostly empty? :(

#172 Posted by GreggD (4478 posts) -

I just added it to my favorites. Hopefully it will repopulate soon.

#173 Posted by flomby (62 posts) -

so is this server done? haven't seen anyone there for a bit.... shame, had a ton of fun playing with fellow duders

#174 Posted by tariqari (430 posts) -

Please add me:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/tariqari/

BF4 ID: tariqari

#175 Posted by Fona_Fett (8 posts) -

So the server is dead?!?

#176 Edited by Stilblad (87 posts) -

I just bought BF4 the other day and my new surround sound setup just got to my house today so I was wondering if there are people that still play this as a group even though the server seems to be gone. I feel like this would be an awesome game to test out my new sound on so let me know if you are up for playing some today.

#177 Posted by Mcfart (1555 posts) -

Yeah, had the server bookmarked but the OP probably took it down because it had 0 players for ~3 months :(. Can't blame him really, servers ain't free.

TNT had 1 great purpose, getting people on to GB servers. Whenever GB played BF3 on TNT, the GB server would be full for weeks after.

#178 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@mcfart said:

Yeah, had the server bookmarked but the OP probably took it down because it had 0 players for ~3 months :(. Can't blame him really, servers ain't free.

TNT had 1 great purpose, getting people on to GB servers. Whenever GB played BF3 on TNT, the GB server would be full for weeks after.

Yeah, we knew this would die down pretty quickly (as all games within the GB community do) so we only got it for three months this time. Ended at the end of January. We simply don't have enough people to justify a 64 man server for very long after launch.

#179 Edited by simian (861 posts) -

RIP GB Server. It was fun while it lasted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.