Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

PS3 version seems stable now

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkstorn

Hey guys just bought BF4 and started playing it last night (Jan 18th), I waited on my purchase because of the horror stories I heard about glitches, crashes, and lost data.

That being said, I've played multiplayer for a good 6 hours yesterday and today, and I've only had one freeze. No lag, no other crashes, no screwed up hit boxes on enemies, and barely any geometry weirdness. The graphics are a bit muddy but it's very playable.

I can't comment on any other versions, so have most problems been fixed for other people? It's a good sign of progress, and I'm having fun with the game!

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spiredcrescent

Yeah I am still waiting for to hear more positive things about the game before i breakdown and get it

TriBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TriBeard

I got it free with my graphics card, and have been playing it. Other than the occasional disconnect (which I can't be sure isn't on my end) and the issue they had with outdated punkbuster keeping people from spawning in (just updated punkbuster from their website, which was sort of amusing because it looks like they haven't changed it from the late 90's. And they probably haven't.), I haven't had any real bugs, let alone game breaking ones.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Seems fine now. I have it on 360 and PC and have had very few issues with either version.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By WickedCobra03

I bought it for $25 on the PS3 and I am still deciding if it was even worth that. Multiplayer doesn't seem too bad as far as stability, but the Single Player is terrible! I cannot even pass the first level because the game keeps locking up at seemingly random points (but it does always happen when I am supposed to pick up a gun, or the game is prompting me to perform an action such as spotting enemies for the squad). I lose my last checkpoint every time as well as my guns/dogtag unlocks. I am getting sick of that "Total Eclipse of the Heart" song after hearing it for my 4th time having to replay through the intro sequence...

The has happened 3 times to me today. I think I am just going to lay the Single Player to rest and maybe get into some Bioshock Infinite or something.

Anyone else running into this issue? Any possible way to avoid it?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    bloodfarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the 360 version since launch, and most of the issues are fixed. I've been playing the PS4 version a week now, and it's super stable as far as I can tell.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkstorn

@wickedcobra03: I got it for $25 also from Newegg I think, it was a sale not too long ago. I figured the issues would be fixed eventually and a BF game was worth it at that price.

I had one lockup in the campaign and two so far in multiplayer. Not too bad for a couple dozen hours of gameplay, although the lockups unfortunately happen toward the end of matches when I've accrued a lot of points :/

For the record, the single player is super short and lame. It was a disappointment even to my low expectations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.