Ps4 issues

• 54 results
#1 Edited by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

Has anyone been able to play multiplayer? i got this at midnight last night and have yet to get into a single multiplayer match and sometimes i get an error code while playing single player to. I also got killzone and ive been able to play multiplayer on it just fine so i figure it's probobly just launch day issues but i figured id check and see if everyone else had any luck.

#2 Posted by kaos_cracker (579 posts) -

If I had to guess it's a server side thing. I plan on trying it in a few hours.

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

I am pretty sure on Wednesday EA servers were down so it might be related to that.

#4 Posted by Raisu (8 posts) -

It crashes for me before or right after the main menu loads. Tried booting it up 3 times. Haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling though.

#5 Edited by djou (874 posts) -

When I popped in the disc no install started but the menu launched and everything was in Spanish. I force quit the game and relaunched. The normal process started up. I haven't tried a MP game but SP has been normal.

update: I started the SP campaign again last night and my save file was corrupted and my game crashed every time I tried to load the MP.

#6 Posted by yakov456 (1905 posts) -

Single player works fine. First I searched the servers, all were empty. Clicked quick match, put me in a game all by myself. It was kind of creepy. But I got to learn the map!

#7 Edited by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

Every multiplayer mode works fine, except for conquest.

#8 Posted by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

update: Still no luck now i can't even play at all keep getting an error code. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled twice and my save keeps getting corrupted to it's really a huge bummer since this was the game i wanted to play the most and almost 24 hours later it's still completely unplayable for me :(

#9 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (728 posts) -

@punisherkaos:

Work around for error code

1 Login to your account

2 press playstation button and go to PSN under settings

3 log out

4 start battlefield

5 after BF boots up press ps button again and sign back in

6 double tap PS button to get back to your game

Hope this helps its working for me

#10 Posted by drkscyde (64 posts) -

still have not been able to get into a conquest match

#11 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

I'm getting ready to trade it in. While I hate to take the $ hit so quickly, at all really since I was really looking forward to this and had planned on keeping it, I want something that works. They already have my money so this is as close as I can get to speaking with my wallet ... speaking with someone else's wallet so they don't get another consumers money.

#12 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

Yeah it's kind of really frustrating about the multiplayer. I tried last night and either every single conquest server had zero people in it. Or I get into a match run around for a moment then get booted out. Still no news on a patch?

#13 Edited by agc8602 (36 posts) -

I was in the Tashgar mission for the campaign when all of a sudden the game crashed. Loaded game back up, save file is corrupted and forced to delete it, then game crashed again. Every time the main menu loads, it crashes. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

#14 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

I've been able to play any game mode that isn't conquest. For conquest I'll see a game that has 59 players or somethin and if I'm lucky to join there will only be maybe 8 people total in it. Kinda sucks because conquest is really what I wanted to see on the new consoles. But anyway the other modes seem to work well. Had my first taste of the obliterate game mode and wow is it just fun as hell.

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

Update on my previous post. My game data just got corrupt and now I keep getting that error code.

#16 Edited by Blue_Smoke276 (1 posts) -

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but my campaign save file for corrupted and I was able to go into the settings and download my save file from the PSN cloud. When I started it back up the file was in the same place and no longer corrupted. I hope this helps.

#17 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5429 posts) -

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but my campaign save file for corrupted and I was able to go into the settings and download my save file from the PSN cloud. When I started it back up the file was in the same place and no longer corrupted. I hope this helps.

Oh really? That's good to know. I haven't started the game up yet, but that'll be a good safeguard just in case.

#18 Posted by Spoonman671 (4597 posts) -

You have to shoot with R2--yeah, it has issues.

#19 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

This message is all over Battlelog right now, seems like they rolling fixes for it. Launch shenanigans lads.

#20 Posted by RetroMetal (193 posts) -

@agc8602 said:

I was in the Tashgar mission for the campaign when all of a sudden the game crashed. Loaded game back up, save file is corrupted and forced to delete it, then game crashed again. Every time the main menu loads, it crashes. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

This is what is happening to me now.

I've deleted my data on the PS4 and the cloud and that did nothing to help.

I've now deleted the entire game and redownloaded it, but I wont test it again until the morning.

#21 Posted by marc (502 posts) -

this game so far has been my only big ps4 gripe

#22 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Oh God I can't wait to play this on my Xbox One, I hope they have most of this ironed out for that.

#23 Edited by Hailinel (24413 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Oh God I can't wait to play this on my Xbox One, I hope they have most of this ironed out for that.

If anything, they'll likely have to go through this whole thing all over again.

#24 Posted by SSully (4159 posts) -

I can't connect to conquest servers and have had a few disconnects. Other then that I have no trouble playing Rush mode. Still sucks, I really want to see if 64 players works or not.

#25 Edited by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

@ssully: The Conquest severs have been on fire (as in broken and straight up non-functional, not in the "everyone is playing it" fire) since launch. The only game modes that seem to work okay for me has been Rush, Teamdeath Match, and Obliteration. DICE has been talking to people in their forums saying that they are working on the mess of issues and that it's their top priority to get things smoothed out.

#26 Edited by csl316 (8450 posts) -

I've been able to get into Rush all night, but Obliteration hasn't worked once. First day I've been getting in anywhere.

This game's really, really awesome, btw.

#27 Posted by DryvBy (249 posts) -
#28 Posted by flindip (533 posts) -

I haven't been able to play at the moment. The game locks me out at the title menu which started happening yesterday. When I close the application it gives me that default error. Also, I my campaign saves got corrupted twice. The second time I was almost done with the SP. But, I do have those cloud saves. So, it may not be a big deal.

Hopefully, they can work this out by this week.

#29 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

Can't wait for 64-player conquest to start working, only reason why I got it on PS4.

#30 Edited by flindip (533 posts) -

I got BF4 to work by deleting my cloud save(oh well, I aint touching the campaign again until they fix their stuff).

I'm curious; Is VOIP working at all in this game? I can see my indicator go on when I talk, and I occasionally hear people but I haven't been able to communicate with anyone.

#31 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

The BF4 service is also getting DDOSed which is fun

#32 Posted by spraynardtatum (2818 posts) -

BF4 is held together by wires and tape right now but it's a blast when it works. I've had so many different errors I can't even count. I just keep sending in bug reports. I've experienced with the last 2 BF games I've bought so it's part and parcel with those games. It's a terrible way to release a video game every single time but what are you going to do. Get EA to change? HAH!

#33 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

@donpixel: have you noticed any change yet? Really wanna jump into that conquest mode.

Anyway; I too have also had success with just downloading my cloud save to fix the corrupted save issue.

#34 Edited by StrainedEyes (1323 posts) -

I tried a few times on Saturday, but haven't tried since. I'm going to hold off until it gets patched and is working properly. I'm not even jumping into single player since it's also crashing and corrupting saves.

#35 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

I'm alright dealing with crashes and such as long as they are fixed relatively quickly. I come to a recently launched console (plus a recently launched BF) expecting such issues.

The thing that really sucks for me is not being able to play Conquest at all. To me, Battlefield is Conquest mode. I want big maps, 64 players, vehicles everywhere, and a bunch of different flags to capture and control. This is the breeding ground for the special kind of crazy that happens in Battlefield that separates it from other shooters.

You take that out and all you have is another wannabe Call of Duty.

#36 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

@tesla: I'd suggest game modes like rush and obliteration. Obliteration is essentially a smaller scale conquest mixed with rush mode. There is a neutral bomb and you need to place it on the enemy flags and blow them up. It can get quite intense and has some open areas. While these aren't the same scale I think it gets the feel of battlefield.

#37 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

@sackmanjones: Cool, thanks man. I'll check those out.

To be honest I've just been refreshing the server list and going down the line trying to connect to a game until I find one that lets me in, and they've all been team deathmatch. I'll definitely filter on Obliteration mode when I get home and give that a go.

#38 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@sackmanjones said:

@donpixel: have you noticed any change yet? Really wanna jump into that conquest mode.

Anyway; I too have also had success with just downloading my cloud save to fix the corrupted save issue.

I'm playing PC, dunno about PS4. If you asking PC wise servers are better now, but client keep crashing almost as often as launch days.

#39 Posted by Zirilius (621 posts) -

This is severely disheartening to read considering I plan on purchasing this during Black Friday. Hmmmmmm wonder if I should just wait.

#40 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Hope EA/DICE figures this out 'til the 29th. BF4 is my jam, and I intend to play the shit out of Conquest 64. Have been playing over a 100 hours of BF4 Rush on PS3 since its release, and that version is unstable as fuck. I have high hopes that the PS4 version will eventually be flawless in this regard.

#41 Posted by drkscyde (64 posts) -

Wow, servers are still jacked. Have still not been able to get into a conquest match and today, 5 straight matches of obliteration crashed.

#42 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

For me it's just conquest that don't work. No crashes playing obliteration. However I just did something totally awesome and the damn PS4 didn't record even though I told it too.

#43 Edited by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Yeah this game is busted on the PS4. Cant even play conquest. Why would I play BF multiplayer if I cant play conquest?

#44 Edited by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Patch to fix Conquest is coming early next week... hopefully it doesn't break the game in some other way!

#45 Posted by Zirilius (621 posts) -

Patch to fix Conquest is coming early next week... hopefully it doesn't break the game in some other way!

Yay! Just in time for me to pick up BF on Black Friday.

#46 Posted by yakov456 (1905 posts) -

Next week? Christ man, this mode is the bread and butter of the game. It's really the only mode I like and I haven't gotten in a match since launch day. Any word on when it's safe to play SP and NOT have my save corrupted???

#47 Posted by spraynardtatum (2818 posts) -
#48 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Yeah this game is busted on the PS4. Cant even play conquest. Why would I play BF multiplayer if I cant play conquest?

Rush is a rush. In many ways, I prefer it over Conquest 64. It's offers so much more direction, and with direction comes tactical challenge. Less chaos, more head-on competition.

Now if only these two modes would mate and make a sweet sweet lovechild. Been hoping it for years, didn't happen yet. A mode built around the Pushmap concept, where-in only adjacent capture points can be conquered. Trauma studios, who did the Desert Combat mod, did some work on BF2, and then Frontlines Fuel of War and Homefront for THQ used that concept a lot. Time for DICE to finally add a Frontlines mode to Battlefield.

Maybe with one of the expansions?

#49 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

@yakov456: Just a heads up, the 64 player conquest servers were fixed yesterday.

#50 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

@yakov456: Just a heads up, the 64 player conquest servers were fixed yesterday.

Yup. I still have a crash on Operation locker because yo, that choke point constantly has at least 40 players in one spot all shooting and throwing grenades and firing rockets. But overall its pretty stable now. Pro tip though, I have had crashes when I open up the battlelog which I believe is the issue with the pc version is it not? So if you can I would avoid using that for now. Although, it's hit and miss so if you like to gamble then by all means go for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.