Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Aimbot hacks are all over on the PC

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scrawnto

It seems like aimbot hacks are running rampant at the moment, at least on the PC. Guys were getting head shots on me constantly, from across the map, with Thompsons and M416s on full auto. This was on a few different servers too. Has anyone else experienced this?  

I really need to find some servers with good admins.

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By minorinya

I definitely see ban after ban quite a lot, recently...

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By captain_clayman

yeah i do get cross map shotgunned a lot...but you just gotta stop QQing and just find a different server, or just kill those douches

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Aus_azn

Same on CoD4 PC. Punkbuster is the most worthless piece of software imaginable. I'd take VAC any day, because I know the cheaters will get permabanned, even if they can run free for a few minutes.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Cross map shotgunning may not be an indication of hacks.  There are ways and means to make a shotgun long range with a combo a scope and slug ammo.

Also, hacks have always been part of online play, make sure you're only playing on Punkbuster servers and report the hackers to the admins.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By monetarydread

I think I have noticed a lot of aim-bots. I can never really tell though, there are some damn good players out there that have crazy skill.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

Oh autoaimers, in call of duty 2 they were so common that trying to kill them became its own metagame, fun stuff, but i havent really seen any in BC2

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scrawnto
    @captain_clayman said:

" yeah i do get cross map shotgunned a lot...but you just gotta stop QQing and just find a different server, or just kill those douches "

Yeah, that's what I do. I just eventually got tired of server hopping.

@MonetaryDread said:

" I think I have noticed a lot of aim-bots I can never really tell though, there are some damn good players out there. "

There are damn good players out there. I don't have a problem with that. I'm perfectly okay with a 3/20 kd ratio if I'm legitimately outclassed. But there is no way to consistently headshot with a Thompson from hundreds of meters away if you're shooting on full auto. It was pretty blatant hacking. 

@Mikemcn said:
    " Oh autoaimers, in call of duty 2 they were so common that trying to kill them became its own metagame, fun stuff, but i havent really seen any in BC2 "
    My first contact with them was in the first Call of Duty.
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UnrealDP

Yeah no matter what server i play on every time i play for a stretch of more than 2 hours ill see a aimbot and have a rather annoying 3 minutes or so of hiding while we wait for an admin.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Aus_azn: punkbuster has always been useless, right back to battlefield 2 it's never done it's job as designed.
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By groin

I used to get falsely accused of cheating and kicked/banned from servers back in the Call Of Duty 1 days. I always cringe when I see threads like this because some players just are much better than you.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scrawnto
    @groin said:
    " I used to get falsely accused of cheating and kicked/banned from servers back in the Call Of Duty 1 days. I always cringe when I see threads like this because some players just are much better than you. "
    Heh, that totally happened to me once in Counter Strike, though not because I was actually any good. I went into a room, started shooting randomly, and got three head shots in less than a second. I was kicked immediately. 

Seriously though, I know what it looks like when people are just better than me. That's actually most of the time. Here, I was watching the kill cam, and it was quite clear that these guys weren't playing as well as their score would suggest. They were more or less spinning around in place with the trigger held down.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By George_Hukas
    @groin: You say that like hacks don't exist and aren't a problem!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Its really the guys that aren't obvious about who are the problem.
    Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scrawnto
    @cide said:
    " @groin: You say that like hacks don't exist and aren't a problem!
       Its really the guys that aren't obvious about who are the problem. "
    Huh, it took me a second to figure out what I was looking at. You're right. At least with the guys I saw, I could identify them out and leave the server so that I wasn't wasting my time.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By infininja
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " Cross map shotgunning may not be an indication of hacks.  There are ways and means to make a shotgun long range with a combo a scope and slug ammo.  Also, hacks have always been part of online play, make sure you're only playing on Punkbuster servers and report the hackers to the admins. "
     You can't add a scope to any shotgun.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

Playing on Punkbuster servers is better than playing on servers without it at all :( .   I also prefer it more than VAC, because VAC doesn't instant kick people so someone with server admin has to manually do it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadeskye said:

" @Aus_azn: punkbuster has always been useless, right back to battlefield 2 it's never done it's job as designed. "

Seriously...  it's a piece of shit most of the time.  Not to mention it boots for nothing a lot of times.  Many times I've had to disable legitimate things (steam overlay for example) for PB games to work.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
    @captain_clayman said:
    " yeah i do get cross map shotgunned a lot...but you just gotta stop QQing and just find a different server, or just kill those douches "
    check to see if they are using the 12G slugs. For some reason they have no bullet drop. I play BC2 on the PS3 and I can tell that I got sniper type hits on people using the SPAS 12 with slugs. 
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ch13696

Have you tried sending a message to the admins of the servers?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scrawnto
    @ch13696 said:
    " Have you tried sending a message to the admins of the servers? "
    How exactly would I know who the admin is? I don't usually see that advertised anywhere.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't run across it too often, and when I do the person usually gets PB banned and removed from the server.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ch13696
    @Scrawnto said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " Have you tried sending a message to the admins of the servers? "
    How exactly would I know who the admin is? I don't usually see that advertised anywhere. "
    Well, it's been awhile since I jumped on, but usually they have details when it's either loading up the server or when you're about to jump into the game. I believe there's also info when you click on the server in the list. 

If there's no info, then the server admin probably set it up as a hackable server or a cheating server.
    Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scrawnto
    @ch13696: Seems like a design flaw if you have to leave the server and rejoin if you want to know who the admin is. I'll see if I can't figure it out the next time I play.
    2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I see Punkbuster kicks for aimboting/wallhacking every once in a while. Other than that I harldy get killed without being able to explain to myself why. The shotgun thing is, as someone said, the slugs attachment. I saw servers that auto-kicked people for using that ^^

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By salad10203

I dont see many, most servers I am in kick any pretty quick.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Infininja said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " Cross map shotgunning may not be an indication of hacks.  There are ways and means to make a shotgun long range with a combo a scope and slug ammo.  Also, hacks have always been part of online play, make sure you're only playing on Punkbuster servers and report the hackers to the admins. "
    "
    Sorry, I was distracted when typing that I meant Slug and some other perk together. 
    Althox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Althox

Did some Shotgun-sniping last night on the Bombrun, and It's not hard if you're good with your aim, to get headshots. So I'd almost count shotgun snipers out of the "hacking" part... Well, since I've not seen any hackers in BC2.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Aimbot isn't nearly as annoying as the hit registration I'm getting. Literally 50% of the time I see blood spouting from my opponents yet no hit markers. :(

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZeroCast

If you're not the only one having this kind of issue then I think they'll get dealt with sooner or later.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By 234r2we232
    @SeriouslyNow said:

" @Infininja said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:
    "
    Sorry, I was distracted when typing that I meant Slug and some other perk together.  "
    The Magnum ammo? I WISH I could put a scope on my NEOSTEAD :(
    Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Most servers I've popped in on have seen pretty frequent aimbot bans. 

Though, admittedly, I'm just there to screw around a bit, so that kind of thing doesn't really bother me. I'm either getting wrecked by cats who've been playing since release, or aimbots. At this point in the game's life cycle, that's kind of all that's left.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By mosdl

I see a lot of bans as well.  Been playing a lot of Heavy Metal with large ticket counts, which is aimbot heaven.

Have they said if punkbuster is in BF3?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DonPixel
    @MonetaryDread said:
     lot of aim-bots.  

And that´s why stoped playing at lvl 25 and moved to the Xbox version. 
    Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I googled some stuff on youtube or youtubed some stuff on google and found it was really easy to get hold of aimbots for just about any fps you can name, which really sucks. 

If you're going to do that why not go the whole hog and just get an AI player bot so you can go read a book while the AI pwns the map! 

This sort of stuff just puts me off playing online, I'm quite rubbish anyway but enjoy playing just for kicks, if I'm playing even average players will see me as easy kills, no-one needs aimbots against me!.  :(

Are these people easy to spot on the kill cam? Is it things like other players highlighted in red/green or other colours that give them away?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.