Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Any asshole moments?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Yesterday I was playing with some friends at Isla as the defenders. At the second base we were doing so well where we got the attackers to 17 tickets. Everyone was near an almost destroyed crate B with no enemies or vehicles nearby. For a split second I saw three C4 markers near the crate surrounded by the team; I knew it wasn't the enemy's. When I turned away from it it exploded. 2 minutes later we lost the game but we could have won if the asshole (probably a booster but who knows) wasn't there.

I checked the scoreboard and our team had new people so it might have been one of them.

Any moments like that?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

It's obviously a chopper whore (or a team of 'em). They pop on Valdez mostly. Killing friendly crates to get their 2min of fame in the Apache. Guess he wanted to sit in the Mi-24 Hind very very badly.

Most assholish behavior is somehow linked to chopper whoring. I bet 'Atacama Desert Conquest' is the map with the most teamkills on hardcore. 

Recently, I'm playing Assault kit with C4 (6 sticks & extra damage) as an attacker. Rushing in ninja style, as long as the cover hasn't been decimated yet. Trying to take out more than 50% of the M-COMs health before anybody knows I'm even there (now that's fucking with the enemies morale). I hate squadmates spawning in on my position and starting a ruckus getting me killed.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By skunk

yup, seen that stupid shit before on a couple different occasions. Although, maybe some of them don't know it hurts the crate and they think they're setting a trap? I HAVE seen some tards do it on purpose though to move our defense back...
    couple things that piss me off:
    -other snipers crouching in on your sniping spot. Way to go moron, you're going to give me away because you're firing like crazy and not hitting anything.
    -repairing your tank and someone jumps in. Not so much anymore though because when I repair, I stare at the map.
    -and my favourite: the retard that jumps out of the low health tank in enemy territory, giving the enemies your only tank and making defense/offense MUCH harder.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @skunk said:
    " yup, seen that stupid shit before on a couple different occasions. Although, maybe some of them don't know it hurts the crate and they think they're setting a trap? I HAVE seen some tards do it on purpose though to move our defense back... couple things that piss me off: -other snipers crouching in on your sniping spot. Way to go moron, you're going to give me away because you're firing like crazy and not hitting anything. -repairing your tank and someone jumps in. Not so much anymore though because when I repair, I stare at the map. -and my favourite: the retard that jumps out of the low health tank in enemy territory, giving the enemies your only tank and making defense/offense MUCH harder. "
    funny thing though about the someone leaving the tank, I have encountered a lot of matches where I was coming in face to face with a tank and I just run beside it, then the driver jumps out of the tank (with full health) to kill me.  Then with the free tank, I grab it and steal for my team. LOL!  I just find it a noob move to actually leave the tank when it's not really blown up yet hehe!
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Geno

When I go 36-10 in a game and still lose, and when I look at the scoreboard there were other people on my team like 0-13 and 1-17 and stuff. Not necessarily because they were bad, they were just afk the whole game or camping waaaaay too far back. 

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

One day I felt like being an asshole so I camped behind the enemy base and kept killing this one guy over and over again....After the match he sent me a message saying "Ur Asshole"....great grammar.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Jon

I've had teammates blowing up our own M-COMS before seriously...WTF.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

I actually did that asshole thing of blowing up our own Mcoms and not just one but 6!
    It was on Port Valdez an getting pretty late in the night going towards morning.
    People were leaving the server and not enough new ones were coming in. Eventually the teams started getting very small.
    Problem was my team was owning hard and by the time we got to Port Valdez and were defending the disbalance was 3:1  something like 12 to 4 we were basically up on the attackers hill killing them not allowing to exit. So even more people started to leave. The attackers basically had NO chance at all. It being late I decided to have some fun. So I switched class to assault with C4 and started to sabotage our own Mcoms so that the attackers could advance. This lasted untill the second to last base. By that time the defenders had about 6 people left and attackers 4. Some teammate started gettign pissed in chat that I was sabotaging our own Mcoms :)  So I switched to attack and the teams evened out 5 to 5. We proceeded to win the game. And at the start it was 4 to 12 with attackers getting spawn trapped and down to under 10 tickets before the first base :P

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By natetodamax

Every time I snipe I feel like an asshole.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " I've had teammates blowing up our own M-COMS before seriously...WTF. "
    same...  had a few people c4 the buildings of M-Coms and destroy it for the enemy.
    AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelKore

All the campers.

Goddamn....motherfucking....campers

Sh4ft3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sh4ft3d

Once, in the beta, I accidently used C4 on our own M-COM. Felt like an idiot.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilbigsupermario

hmm...some of the things I did was I destroyed the cover of my teammates who are hiding inside buildings and shooting through the windows.  And one was my teammate was using the stationary MG to shoot down the chopper in Isla Inocentes, then just for the heck of it, I shot the wall with a 40mm grenade, so he lost the MG.  It was funny back then, but now that I think about it, I feel ashamed for actually doing that...

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson

People sniping. I don't have a problem with Recon players, due to the class being awesome, I have a problem with snipershowever.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hicks91
    @Hitchenson: not all snipers are terrible, having at least 1 is essential 

i was in a house on arica harbour rush, the city bit (2nd mcoms) in the house furthest forward on the left, theres a little walled garden beneath and you can mow down dudes as they run down 
    anyway a guy kept on standing in front of me at really inopportune times  
    and just kept on doing it stealing all my kills 
    so i blew the fucking house down
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hitchenson
    @hicks91: Did you huff and puff?
    hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hicks91
    @Hitchenson: C4'd it yo, stuff is killer on houses
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hitchenson
    @hicks91: I don't remember people using military grade explosives in my nursery rhymes.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

I run into griefers all the time in hardcore mode. But friendly fire will do that for any game. 

Speaking of greifers, where has mano521 been anyway? I haven't heard one single grief story from that dude regarding this game.

In the PC version I especially hate chatty whiners who have something shitty to say about EVERYTHING that happens. Then when you call them on their shit, they begin directly griefing you. Makes me wish the PC version had a report user function like the 360 version has via Live.

@natetodamax said:

" Every time I snipe I feel like an asshole. "
    I feel like people think shitty things of me even when I choose a shotgun or something else as recon. Most people see a ghillie suit and start cursing, regardless of what role you play. Snipers have ruined the Recon kit for everybody.
    alekso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alekso
    Once i had a dude on my team that was a real ass and was just teamkilling so i shot him in the head with the tracer gun. I think he was only seeing a blinking red light until he was killed.
    GovJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GovJR
    @AleksO said:
    "Once i had a dude on my team that was a real ass and was just teamkilling so i shot him in the head with the tracer gun. I think he was only seeing a blinking red light until he was killed. "

Shooting unruly teammates with a tracer gun is always a good move.  Sending a UAV packed with C4 to blow up an M-COM station, while remarkably fun, is not so great a move.  Effective?  Definitely.  Kinda cheap? Arguable, but YES.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By super_machine

Last night I got a team kill destruction 2.0 on nelsons bay. I didnt mean to. I meant to place a single charge on the outside of the house, and wait until the M-com was destroyed (charge was set), but as soon as I rounded the corner an enemy was right there. I blew off my charge and got two enemy C4 kills, the M-com, but the house must have had too much damage because it collapsed with a friendly inside. Opps.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

I just drove over a team mate engineer who was repairing my tank.
    (about half an hour ago)
    Simultaneously makes me want to blush and laugh my ass off.
    I apologized :)

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Phantom_Crash
    • When you happen upon a empty vehicle and you start repairing it, some fool jumps in it and takes off.
    • Idiots who stat pad, they also TK aswell.
    • People who blow up the building where the M-COM station is at. (I don't play on Rush anymore)
    • People who whine about Snipers.
    • People who go into your un-capable spawn and spawn camp/destroy vehicles.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @AleksO said:
    " Once i had a dude on my team that was a real ass and was just teamkilling so i shot him in the head with the tracer gun. I think he was only seeing a blinking red light until he was killed. "
    I've been in games where this one dude just kept tracer darting our whole team.....idiot.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z

Anything to do with a helicopter is an asshole moment. like morons we are losing why are half the team fighting over who gets to fly the helicopter!?! go capture a effing flag!

Beiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Beiken
    On Isla Innocentes (I think its called that, the one with the little island assault in the start) I had the UAV from start to finish almost, but what I felt really bad about is when we got to the last base I just kept my aim on the helipad just waiting for some fools to jump in the chopper and them getting a missile on their heads. After some helicopter denying though I accidently hit E and blew up my own UAV, I proceeded to take the chopper in our start base and kamikaze launched it into the enemy base helipad, miracolously surviving and managing to get another two chopper denies as the engineer with some help from my friendly squad guys ofcourse. But still, I just felt like a complete asshole for  completely denying them that crucial and totally awesome chopper for their last defense.
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JerichoBlyth

People on my friends list joining the other team just to get that silly 'Knife 5 of your friends' achievement and not resting until they have got their knife frag...

...basically an asshole moment because some of them aren't that good at the game and so instead of having fun and playing as a part of your squad, they spend the entire afternoon trying to stab you in the back for the sake of a silly achievement...sake

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#29  Edited By Ping5000
    @Beiken: That's goddamn awesome. I do that whenever I get the UAV in Port Valdez. I just wait for guys to get in. I see the blades rotating, it's living off and then HAHAHA I'M A JERK WHATEVER
    codycody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By codycody

I like to load up my ATVs/jeeps with a pile of C4 and drive it into enemy tanks/groups.  It's surprisingly effective if they don't see you coming.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By aurahack

Some jerk teammate rigged C4 onto a quad as I was jumping onto it. Didn't see it until I got on, figured he'd be nice and not blow it up. Few seconds after getting on it, he blew it up and I died only to have it register as a suicide. Which sucks. Because I hate seing "Epic Fail" on the screen.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @aurahack said:
    " Some jerk teammate rigged C4 onto a quad as I was jumping onto it. Didn't see it until I got on, figured he'd be nice and not blow it up. Few seconds after getting on it, he blew it up and I died only to have it register as a suicide. Which sucks. Because I hate seing "Epic Fail" on the screen. "
    Your own fault for not getting off the ATV which he was clearly intending to use for a suicide bombing run. :P
    Must have pissed him off so he blew it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.