Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Anybody else notice this game being real crap lately?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By FireBurger

Anybody else realize more bugs, glitches, and latency than normal, lately? I keep getting really frustrated because I'll put a full mag in someone at 5 feet and they'll take no damage, or my weapon will be empty but 'X' all of the sudden doesn't mean reload. Then there's trying to run up a set of stairs only to run through them, etc. The latency has been pretty bad too.

I know this game is a little buggy, but it just seems really bad lately. Anybody else noticing this?

EDIT: I'm on 360.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @FireBurger said:

" Anybody else realize more bugs, glitches, and latency than normal, lately? I keep getting really frustrated because I'll put a full mag in someone at 5 feet and they'll take no damage, or my weapon will be empty but 'X' all of the sudden doesn't mean reload. Then there's trying to run up a set of stairs only to run through them, etc. The latency has been pretty bad too.  I know this game is a little buggy, but it just seems really bad lately. Anybody else noticing this? "

Not at all, I'm assuming you're on PC?
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FireBurger
    @FrankCanada97: 360
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

It has been laggier than normal lately.  I wonder if it's the servers digesting the patch.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @FireBurger said:
    " @FrankCanada97: 360 "
    Strange, I'm on the PS3 and I played the game all day yesterday with no problems. Did this start happening after Tuesday, when they put out all the balancing fixes?
    lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lukeissxc

I've noticed a little lag lately on the 360 version. Maybe they're doing maintenance on the servers or something and it will get back to normal soon.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaneDev

I notice a little bit of lag in a couple of games but that was a few weeks ago.  

By the way does anyone know if they are going to fix the M1 Garand and the Thompson medal glitch?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FireBurger
    @FrankCanada97: Not sure exactly when it started, but that may be it. It's just incredibly frustrating. I literally unloaded an XM8C mag on a guy, his body bounced around like he was being hit, and then he turned around and shot me and it said he had 100% health.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @FireBurger said:
    " @FrankCanada97: Not sure exactly when it started, but that may be it. It's just incredibly frustrating. I literally unload an XM8C mag on a guy, his body bounced around like he was being hit, and then he turned around and shot me and it said he had 100% health. "
    Showing how much health they have after you die is one the most cruel things ever put in a game. If they didn't tell me, at least I could convince myself that they were almost dead... :p
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FireBurger
    @SpikeSpiegel:  Haha, yeah, poor decision.

I just remembered another awesome bug where when connecting to a game, I get kicked back to the dashboard. Not the main menu, the dashboard. Since when do console games crash?
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

@FireBurger said:

"Anybody else realize more bugs, glitches, and latency than normal, lately? I keep getting really frustrated because I'll put a full mag in someone at 5 feet and they'll take no damage, or my weapon will be empty but 'X' all of the sudden doesn't mean reload. Then there's trying to run up a set of stairs only to run through them, etc. The latency has been pretty bad too.  I know this game is a little buggy, but it just seems really bad lately. Anybody else noticing this?  EDIT: I'm on 360. "

I sure am too, way to much lag.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By fentonalpha

Yes on PS3... most games seem to end up being 2 on 2 as well in standard Rush... which is sometimes fun, sometimes hell.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Hmm, I lag a lot anyways so i did not notice much of a difference :)

But yes, i think the actual fun in the gameplay has kind of worn down for me if that's an arguable issue.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

I love the balance patch. Game is better than ever for me. I'm on PS3 out of Europe.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PC version still has screwed up knives and shotgun slug hit registry. I only need 10 more knife kills for the 200 knife kill insignia, but the bugginess has made me resort to repair tool kills instead when I sneak up on someone.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PillClinton
    @FireBurger: To be honest, it's been like that for me from the very beginning.  And even after 3 days of play time, I still can't get over how sluggish and unintuitive the character movement is.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Seppli
    @100_Hertz said:
    " @FireBurger: To be honest, it's been like that for me from the very beginning.  And even after 3 days of play time, I still can't get over how sluggish and unintuitive the character movement is. "
    I really hope DICE brings Mirror's Edge style movement to Battlefield. With an over and under button and climbing and gaining momentum and so forth.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Venatio

I still love it on 360 in tha Europe

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Jayross

360 has been lagging quite a bit the past 3 days.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Codeacious
    @Seppli said:
    " @100_Hertz said:
    " @FireBurger: To be honest, it's been like that for me from the very beginning.  And even after 3 days of play time, I still can't get over how sluggish and unintuitive the character movement is. "
    I really hope DICE brings Mirror's Edge style movement to Battlefield. With an over and under button and climbing and gaining momentum and so forth. "
    Well, it's not Battlefield, but...
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By big_jon
    @Jayross said:
    "360 has been lagging quite a bit the past 3 days. "

this
    dimdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dimdum

my games havn't been buggy (thank god) but since the patch, my XM8 lmg has become shit and it was my favourite gun :(. Also the mg3 got a lot more powerful an better, and that pisses me off cus i hate that gun

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'll be honest I've been having some really bad encounters in CQC lately.

Just yesterday knifed a wookie from behind to the back dead on, blood came out an everything but no kill, he noticed me and we started circle strafing, then I put 3 shotgun rounds into him dead on before a medic came from behind and offed me ><
    Same day different server an assault was looking in the sky at our chopper, I walk up to him and knife to the face from the from 2 times before he notices me, them put entire clip into him and even the sidearm's clip before he killed me. 
    Feels really fucking bad when you die like that, it;s one thing when you lost fair and square it a different thing when it's like the game is screwing you.
    And my ping on the servers was pretty standard too.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox
    @isnipeyoudie said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @100_Hertz said:
    I really hope DICE brings Mirror's Edge style movement to Battlefield. With an over and under button and climbing and gaining momentum and so forth. "
    Well, it's not Battlefield, but... "
    No joke. I really expected Mirror's Edge to open up a new ease of travel in future Dice games, but I still have to press the jump button when there's a one-foot step up and get stuck on corners like I have since Doom. The S.M.A.R.T. terrain navigation thing in Brink is the single feature that has me interested in it. I hope it's not too predictive, but at the same time I want games to know I'm not trying to walk through the wall when I move toward a corner.

I mean I can totally see how they came up with Mirror's Edge after playing so much BF on PC. A properly timed beam run to crouch jump to dive could be enough to get you to that last flag alive and shift the balance. And making a game specifically for such movements seemed like a logical step. But not bringing some of the stuff they learned back to the 'primary' series seems absolutely absent minded.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FireBurger
    @MrKlorox:  While I'd like to see some of the Mirror's Edge movement brought over, like momentum and vaulting over obstacles, I wouldn't want it to be anywhere near the level of that game. After all, we're talking 185 pound guys with full battle gear in tow. I don't think they're going to be overly nimble, and having it that way (while certainly fun in an appropriate game) would be very out of place in Battlefield.
    TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By TiE23

For the first month, I probably experienced lag on two or three matches... out of the 80 hours I played in the first month, that's pretty good.
    But now, it's always at least somewhat laggy, and often nearly unplayable. Anyone else share a similar experience?

I've got a feeling that when that the Onslaught mode arrives, it will drop with a lot of updates and fixes. For instance, looking at videos of it, your character model now shows on the kit selection screen. Watch the video here: 
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162579

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Nadafinga
    @TiE23 said:
    " For the first month, I probably experienced lag on two or three matches... out of the 80 hours I played in the first month, that's pretty good.
    But now, it's always at least somewhat laggy, and often nearly unplayable. Anyone else share a similar experience? 
    Yes, very similar experience with me. I have like 100 hours since launch, with very few problems, until last week, May 13 or 14, and it's been really laggy off and on (more on) ever since. My guy is sliding backwards, warping, and button presses aren't registering. Like I'll crouch, and it will do the crouch animation, but then my guy will pop right back up. Same with reloads, grenade tosses, etc. Climbing stairwells is nearly impossible. Like you said, it's been nearly unplayable at certain times.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28  Edited By natetodamax

The lag has gotten pretty bad, and sometimes my guy will go through the entire reloading animation after pressing X but the gun doesn't actually reload.

Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Killboyy777

Yes i have noticed this! I was just about to start my own topic about this very.... topic.

I recently bought BF:BC2 for 360 and in the week i owned it i have been;  repeatedly  dropped from games, my weapon miss fires or wont at all, crouch does not always work, sometimes my video flickers, some enemies soak up bullets way more than others, reload doesnt always work, swap weapon doesnt always work. knife attacks dont always go off. The list goes on.

Xbox Live! updates make developers lazy. and you can quote that, Mister!

Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killboyy777

I should also mention that i love this game and i have never had as much fun as i do playing BF:BC2.

Has anyone else noticed how easily you can climb and descend ladders in this game? if you walk up to the ladder facing it, you automatically cling to the ladder and can go up and down as you please DUR!.  Unlike MW2 when the second my guy touches a ladder he turns into a complete retard and has lost all control of his motor skills. /facepalm

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By andrela

Stopped playing after they introduced the patch that nerfed the m60 a few weeks ago. They seem to introduce more bugs and glitches with every patch they put in. I used to count to my friends on vent how long it would take from me clicking the spawn now button to when I actually got in, it often took over half a minute, the game would also totally lag up every time I spawned for 2-3 seconds, so that If i actually managed to spawn on a teammate, I would often be dead before I could even move. As a long time battlefield player I'm pretty disappointed with BC2 and I'm stlightly less enthused for the release of BF3 now

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By Nadafinga

Still laggy as hell...I was really excited for the Onslaught DLC, but I'm not buying that until they fix the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@FireBurger: Man, I took a super-duper-skillshot of a helicopter with the 1st RPG/whatever the Engineer has. The missile went through the helicopter model and continued in its assent into the skies. I was furious, no helicopter damage was dealt and the missile was still intact?! I get pissed off both when that happens and even when someone does something that is supposed to have killed me and I survive, this shit needs to be fair.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hitchenson

I played it for the first time in a month or so today, shit's still as awesome as it ever was. I didn't notice any glitches nor exploits or suffer from any lag either. 

I'm on LIVE by the way. I'll totally pick the PC version up as soon as I see it cheap though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.