Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Anyone else here a Battlefield Veteran using an M1 Garand?

• 62 results
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

As you may or may not know, those who have played another Battlefield game before get an exclusive weapon in multiplayer. Does anyone else have this weapon and use it often? What is the weapon like for you? I use it when I want to turn my recon class character into a more action oriented one. How does it compare to the M14?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

*Sigh* I've played 1942, BF2, BF 1943, BC1, BC2, and BF Heroes, but only BF2 registers; I can't get veteran and as a result can't use it, and support isn't answering my question. 

So as a result no I'm not using it often, though when I have picked it up it has been very effective, about equal to the M14 with slightly more kick in my experience.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

It's only shown up for use on my 360 version that I rented. Shows as unlocked in my PC version, but I can't select it in the game.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

No because they're stupid Veteran thing is still down, so I can't register myself as a Veteran.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

Even registering as a veteran isn't guaranteed to unlock it. I'm rank 5 veteran (although it's only showing me as rank 3 vet) and I still can't use it on PC.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

it's a 2 shot kill but it's not as accurate as the M14 EBR. I find myself reloading the clip after one takedown too often because of the poor accuracy. I'm a vet and hope that if a future warfare Battlefield comes out the M16 is the "retro" weapon because that thing owns!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I uploaded a video about unlocking it. My favorite all-kits primary.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Psh.  Fuck an M1 Garand.  I've got a G3 and an M14 with Magnum Ammo on.  I'm a two-hitter quitter every time!

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Skald

I've used it a lot. It's a pretty good gun, but a hard-hitting secondary like the M1911 is necessary for close quarters.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

I had it unlocked day 1, used it for 2 days on release, but then suddenly i couldn't use it anymore

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Holy crap, the M1 has a Bayonette Gadget unlock?

http://badcompany2.ea.com/files/gui/img/stats/gadget/small/Bayonette.png

M1 Bayonette

Special Unlock. WWII Weapon

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chronologist

I've thought about getting it, but never got to it..  
    Can anyone tell me how it is? Is it good?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Chronologist said:
    " I've thought about getting it, but never got to it..  Can anyone tell me how it is? Is it good? "
    You can not get it right now. The part thats supposed to do it does not work right now. And no one is talking about when it will be back up.
    Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chronologist
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Chronologist said:
    " I've thought about getting it, but never got to it..  Can anyone tell me how it is? Is it good? "
    You can not get it right now. The part thats supposed to do it does not work right now. And no one is talking about when it will be back up. "
    Alright thanks. Then I won't bother at the moment
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By xMP44x

Bah... I have two games registered. I will download the Battlefield 2 demo tonight. Fuck the fact my laptop probably won't be able to run it. I'mma download, install, play online for about five seconds and then leave. Bada-bing, bada-boom.  As for the Garand, I tried it out off a pleasant chap's corpse once. I didn't survive long enough to try it.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xMP44x said:

" Bah... I have two games registered. I will download the Battlefield 2 demo tonight. Fuck the fact my laptop probably won't be able to run it. I'mma download, install, play online for about five seconds and then leave. Bada-bing, bada-boom.  As for the Garand, I tried it out off a pleasant chap's corpse once. I didn't survive long enough to try it. "

Demos do not count for the Vet status. You only need vet rank 1 to get the gun. 
    Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spiral_Stars

I got it. It's not all that great. It's like a crummy M14. It certainly sounds and looks awesome though.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hamz

So I have Bad Company and Bad Company 2 on the PS3 registered to my EA account and I have a Veteran Rank of 1 and when going into the Multiplayer > Weapons & Gadgets Menu the M1 Garand appears in a dark grey shaded colour and tells me I need to visit the Battlefield Veterans site to unlock it. The gun isn't appearing as a selectable option in game either.

What have I done wrong?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hamz said:
    " So I have Bad Company and Bad Company 2 on the PS3 registered to my EA account and I have a Veteran Rank of 1 and when going into the Multiplayer > Weapons & Gadgets Menu the M1 Garand appears in a dark grey shaded colour and tells me I need to visit the Battlefield Veterans site to unlock it. The gun isn't appearing as a selectable option in game either.  What have I done wrong? "
    Nothing at all! Its a EA issue. 
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By xMP44x
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @xMP44x said:

" Bah... I have two games registered. I will download the Battlefield 2 demo tonight. Fuck the fact my laptop probably won't be able to run it. I'mma download, install, play online for about five seconds and then leave. Bada-bing, bada-boom.  As for the Garand, I tried it out off a pleasant chap's corpse once. I didn't survive long enough to try it. "

Demos do not count for the Vet status. You only need vet rank 1 to get the gun.  "

I have Vet Rank 1 though :o
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @xMP44x said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @xMP44x said:

Demos do not count for the Vet status. You only need vet rank 1 to get the gun.  "
    I have Vet Rank 1 though :o "
    The program to get the items does not work. End of story. And I have heard little news about them fixing it.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stealthdf2

i got it on 360, i made a new EA account and then linked it to my GT then i went to the BF veteran site and i added my BF2 account via soldier name and password then i added each expansion the same way then added Bad company 1by entering my GT then the next time i went on BC2 it gave me the M1. however in the BF vet site it still does not list BC2 on my list 

this got me from non veteran status to vet rank 3 in about 10 minutes

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By illmatic19
    @ThePhantomnaut:  Thank you very much good sir.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Downandout

Got like 400 kills with it, but, weapon stars for it are bugged they go towards the M1A1 Thompson, and Thompson kills go to nothing ¬¬

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 

@xMP44x said: 

Actually the Battlefield 2 demo does count.  That's what I did to get a veteran rank 1 and get the M1 Garand hehe!  I downloaded the demo, installed it, registered for multiplayer and that's it.  I didn't even play a match for the demo hehe!
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SammydesinasNL
    @Downandout said:
    "Got like 400 kills with it, but, weapon stars for it are bugged they go towards the M1A1 Thompson, and Thompson kills go to nothing ¬¬ "

I noticed this aswell, it really sucks and I hope they fix it. I thought it was a bit odd to get submachine gun pins for it.
    SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SilentCommando

Does anyone know if the first Bad Company game counts towards veteran status?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Hamz said:
    "So I have Bad Company and Bad Company 2 on the PS3 registered to my EA account and I have a Veteran Rank of 1 and when going into the Multiplayer > Weapons & Gadgets Menu the M1 Garand appears in a dark grey shaded colour and tells me I need to visit the Battlefield Veterans site to unlock it. The gun isn't appearing as a selectable option in game either.  What have I done wrong? "

Did you register Bad Company 2 or watched what I have done in the video I uploaded? Take note though that some people got it and some others can't through the loophole method that's being passed around.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SilentCommando said:
    " Does anyone know if the first Bad Company game counts towards veteran status? "
    Yes it does. @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " @Hamz said:
    "So I have Bad Company and Bad Company 2 on the PS3 registered to my EA account and I have a Veteran Rank of 1 and when going into the Multiplayer > Weapons & Gadgets Menu the M1 Garand appears in a dark grey shaded colour and tells me I need to visit the Battlefield Veterans site to unlock it. The gun isn't appearing as a selectable option in game either.  What have I done wrong? "
    Did you register Bad Company 2 or watched what I have done in the video I uploaded? Take note though that some people got it and some others can't through the loophole method that's being passed around. "
    I contacted customer support today. It seems the service is just plain not working. 

But it seems you can contact EA support and ask them to maunaly do it..course I sent in a ticket a week ago and JUST got an answer. 
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hamz
    @ThePhantomnaut: I followed the instructions in your video and went from a veteran rank of 0 to 1 by doing so :)

Both BFBC 1 & 2 were/are rental copies but they both appeared as selectable in my list of games associated to my EA profile.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By ImperiousRix

Gosh, this system is so broke-ed! 
    I've played 1943 and the first Bad Company, and dat shit don't register!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hamz said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut: I followed the instructions in your video and went from a veteran rank of 0 to 1 by doing so :)  Both BFBC 1 & 2 were/are rental copies but they both appeared as selectable in my list of games associated to my EA profile. "
    But did you get the grand? 
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hamz
    @The_Laughing_Man: Nope, no M1 Garand for me after doing all that :(
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hamz said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Nope, no M1 Garand for me after doing all that :( "
    And that is the bug. The way you are getting to the page is not right because said pages where taken down when it was found they do not work. All that work and you get nothing. Vet status does not even show up. Check the convo I had with customer service here 
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By REDRUN
    @Spiral_Stars said:
    " I got it. It's not all that great. It's like a crummy M14. It certainly sounds and looks awesome though. "
    Screw you buddy! Its so effing embarrassing being killed by a WWII vet with a primitive deathstick. I hate those WWII douchebags. (hand-fist)
    Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spiral_Stars
    @REDRUN said:
    " @Spiral_Stars said:
    " I got it. It's not all that great. It's like a crummy M14. It certainly sounds and looks awesome though. "
    Screw you buddy! Its so effing embarrassing being killed by a WWII vet with a primitive deathstick. I hate those WWII douchebags. (hand-fist) "
    That stick probably is responsible for the most deaths in warfare ever next to the AK-47.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hamz
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Hamz said:
    And that is the bug. The way you are getting to the page is not right because said pages where taken down when it was found they do not work. All that work and you get nothing. Vet status does not even show up. Check the convo I had with customer service here  "
    Yeah I read your post. Looks to me like neither EA or DICE are willing to commit to mentioning a date we can expect the veteran system and in game store to be fixed in case they miss said date and end up pissing everyone off even more lol. Definitely sucks for those that pre-ordered and can't access their bonus stuff.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hamz said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Hamz said:
    And that is the bug. The way you are getting to the page is not right because said pages where taken down when it was found they do not work. All that work and you get nothing. Vet status does not even show up. Check the convo I had with customer service here  "
    Yeah I read your post. Looks to me like neither EA or DICE are willing to commit to mentioning a date we can expect the veteran system and in game store to be fixed in case they miss said date and end up pissing everyone off even more lol. Definitely sucks for those that pre-ordered and can't access their bonus stuff. "
    Its a massive FU to people who pre ordered. Quite a few by now are most likely past the part that the items would be useful. It seems that its more of a EA issue..
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By REDRUN
    @Spiral_Stars said:
    " @REDRUN said:
    " @Spiral_Stars said:
    Screw you buddy! Its so effing embarrassing being killed by a WWII vet with a primitive deathstick. I hate those WWII douchebags. (hand-fist) "
    That stick probably is responsible for the most deaths in warfare ever next to the AK-47. "
    I thought it was the cancer-stick.
    aTeddyBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By aTeddyBear

I like the garand, two shots in the chest will kill and it has a distinct sound after you shoot.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By swamplord666

Apparently my codes For BF 1942, secret weapons and road to rome have already been used... Anyone had this?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jkz
    @swamplord666 said:
    " Apparently my codes For BF 1942, secret weapons and road to rome have already been used... Anyone had this? "
    Yup, yet another issue a lot of people are having.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dark_Jon

I have an unlocked according to the unlocks screen but ingame I can never actually use it.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JP_Russell
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    "it's a 2 shot kill but it's not as accurate as the M14 EBR. I find myself reloading the clip after one takedown too often because of the poor accuracy."

Its accuracy is exactly the same.  The game files show that the two guns are exactly the same aside from the magazine size and reload speed, no other differences between them.  Recoil is the same, max RoF is the same, bullet deviation is the same, all the same.  I would guess you're simply more proficient with the M14's sights.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By AuthenticM
    @ThePhantomnaut said:

" I uploaded a video about unlocking it. My favorite all-kits primary.

"
    The site claims I am not of age but doesn't ask me how old I am. Is it like this for everybody?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AuthenticM said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut said:

" I uploaded a video about unlocking it. My favorite all-kits primary.

"
    The site claims I am not of age but doesn't ask me how old I am. Is it like this for everybody? "
    Do not  bother. The way to get the item is broken anyways. You can not get it yet. 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By mike

Anyone have any tips for fixing my EA account for this game? It's still associated to my old and now unused gamertag and I can't find a way to associate it to the one I use now. I can log in to the EA site with it with my old credentials, but I can't find any account management options or anything that would allow me to add or change a gamertag.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By MjHealy

I made myself a veteran before the game came out but I still don't have my M1 Garand. It may be because you need to have three games and I have only registered BC 1 and Heroes, but I can't register 1943 and BC2 as the servers are down.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @MjHealy said:
    " I made myself a veteran before the game came out but I still don't have my M1 Garand. It may be because you need to have three games and I have only registered BC 1 and Heroes, but I can't register 1943 and BC2 as the servers are down. "

visit badcompany2.ea.com/login then login your account, then manually change the URL to badcompany2.ea.com/stats. when you get there, click the veteran status link and click the highlighted icons there until you get a veteran status level 1 or higher.  or just follow ThePhantomnaut's video :) it works for some, but not all. it worked for me :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.