Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Anyone noticing these weird issues with the PS3 version?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I actually rented both versions from Gamefly (so I can make a educated guess at which was better) and I already beat the game on 360, but before returning both of them, I decided to give the PS3 versiona  go and get some trophies. I noticed some weird issues that I didnt notice in the 360 build. These included RPGs looking like they go through tanks, instead of hitting them adn making the appropriate impact, and the Tank suddenly exploding and dissapearing. In the 360 build, you saw a smoldering heap, but on the PS3 version I only saw some tires. Im wondering if they might patch this kind of stuff later on, and im also curious why 360 version recieved a patch, but not the PS3 version. Does anyone notice anything like this on PS3 version? These arent big issues, but weird one none the less.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " I actually rented both versions from Gamefly (so I can make a educated guess at which was better) and I already beat the game on 360, but before returning both of them, I decided to give the PS3 versiona  go and get some trophies. I noticed some weird issues that I didnt notice in the 360 build. These included RPGs looking like they go through tanks, instead of hitting them adn making the appropriate impact, and the Tank suddenly exploding and dissapearing. In the 360 build, you saw a smoldering heap, but on the PS3 version I only saw some tires. Im wondering if they might patch this kind of stuff later on, and im also curious why 360 version recieved a patch, but not the PS3 version. Does anyone notice anything like this on PS3 version? These arent big issues, but weird one none the less. "
    Never happened for mine. I have seen any issues. No screen tearing. No lag. Nothin. I did have one strange bug where the game crashed. (Seems this issue is shared with the 360 version) 
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @The_Laughing_Man:

huh, maybe that one instance was just a weird bug. I just found it odd.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Tanks blow up into nothing if you try to rocket one when it's already dead. Perhaps the tank you saw "died" before the explosive hit it. In previous BF games they blew up pretty quickly after dying, but in BC2 they actually stick around and serve as cover for a decent amount of time unless completely destroyed.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lowbrow
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " I actually rented both versions from Gamefly (so I can make a educated guess at which was better) and I already beat the game on 360, but before returning both of them, I decided to give the PS3 versiona  go and get some trophies. I noticed some weird issues that I didnt notice in the 360 build. These included RPGs looking like they go through tanks, instead of hitting them adn making the appropriate impact, and the Tank suddenly exploding and dissapearing. In the 360 build, you saw a smoldering heap, but on the PS3 version I only saw some tires. Im wondering if they might patch this kind of stuff later on, and im also curious why 360 version recieved a patch, but not the PS3 version. Does anyone notice anything like this on PS3 version? These arent big issues, but weird one none the less. "
    Yea man, I noticed this in the campaign last night while playing as well. For whatever reason, I haven't noticed it while playing online, only single player so far.
    grotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By grotto

The only thing I've noticed is that when repairing a moving tank, sometimes, you actually go "inside" of the tank as it moves around, which is a little weird. 

Never noticed any lag, the game looks the same as the 360 version (at least the 360 demo I played).

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword

Also, i noticed this while playing it more. There would be level pop in during some cinematics. Like, the whole level would take like a second to pop in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.