Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Bad Company 1 Maps on the Horizon?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

Edited By Jayross

Today, the Official Battlefield Facebook page, operated by Electronic Arts, updated its status with a simple question:   

If DICE were to do a Bad Company 1 map pack for Bad Company 2, what maps would you like to see?

You may remember DICE saying they do not want to charge for maps, but EA said they could not guarantee that (link to story), it seems like this Facebook update might be the start of future Bad Company 2 map expansions, most likely as paid DLC. 

Now, DICE has posed questions to the community before, namely: "Do you want the ability to add optics to the G3 and M14?"  
    DICE never did anything about that despite the large amount of feedback asking for them to add that feature in. 

But now, things are different, it is not DICE asking the community themselves, it seems that EA is stepping in. 

Would you pay for Bad Company 1 maps? 

I encourage everyone to go to the Facebook page and comment on the status, saying you would love the maps from BC1. I believe that if EA sees enough demand for maps, they will step in and get DICE to make more content. 

But, there is the chance that EA will not do that, and despite the feedback, will shift DICE almost entirely over to Medal of Honor, so please, tell EA that you want more maps, because I know I sure do.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jayross

Today, the Official Battlefield Facebook page, operated by Electronic Arts, updated its status with a simple question:   

If DICE were to do a Bad Company 1 map pack for Bad Company 2, what maps would you like to see?

You may remember DICE saying they do not want to charge for maps, but EA said they could not guarantee that (link to story), it seems like this Facebook update might be the start of future Bad Company 2 map expansions, most likely as paid DLC. 

Now, DICE has posed questions to the community before, namely: "Do you want the ability to add optics to the G3 and M14?"  
    DICE never did anything about that despite the large amount of feedback asking for them to add that feature in. 

But now, things are different, it is not DICE asking the community themselves, it seems that EA is stepping in. 

Would you pay for Bad Company 1 maps? 

I encourage everyone to go to the Facebook page and comment on the status, saying you would love the maps from BC1. I believe that if EA sees enough demand for maps, they will step in and get DICE to make more content. 

But, there is the chance that EA will not do that, and despite the feedback, will shift DICE almost entirely over to Medal of Honor, so please, tell EA that you want more maps, because I know I sure do.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jayross

This story got linked to by Planet Battlefield

That kind of makes me wish I didn't go all personal towards the end. heh.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

I don't know bout Bad Company 1 maps(never played it), but it would be sweet to see some Battlefield 2 maps remade.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Jayross: Dude, now it's official: You are the go to guy for Battlefield news on Giant Bomb. Congratulations, you no longer have to link to PlanetBattlefield, as they now link to you. Glory be upon you.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MrSnow

Hip hip horahhhhhhhhhhhh 

go team

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SilentCommando

This would be pretty awesome, since I already love the existing maps.  I would'nt even mind paying for the maps as long as they are priced reasonably.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Icil

I just want more Gold Rush maps (and so does everyone I know). Fuck Conquest, fuck Squad Rush, fuck SDM.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

Oasis! 

again :)
    DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Oasis, Harvest Day, and Par For the Course, golf carts and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.