Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, worth it?

#1 Posted by simplicite (23 posts) -

I let one my friends borrow BC2 and now he wants to get his own copy, good right? Well here's where things get dicey, $40 for the regular version $60 for the ultimate edition. So, anyone out there picked up the ultimate edition and mind sharing you impressions? Basically trying to figure out is is there enough content to make the ultimate edition worth it or is it better to get the regular version and pick up onslaught separate?

#2 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@simplicite: That depends if he wants 1943 and Onslaught. [shrug]
#3 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Same as what Infininja said, it depends whether your friend is planning to play BF 1943 and BFBC2's Onslaught.  If he doesn't plan to play any of the two and just play the BFBC2, then he should go for the $40 deal.  But if he wants to play 1943 and Onslaught, the Ultimate Edition is a good deal to go for.  I think BF1943 is $15 and Onslaught is $10 so if you go for the Ultimate Edition, you save $5 for having 2 Battlefield games and an extra co-op mode.

#4 Posted by mafuchi@gmail.com (4 posts) -
#5 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@Mafuchi: It's at $60 now.
#6 Posted by Josiah_X (40 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.