Battlefield: Bad Company 2 S-Rank Club

#1 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Alright, I just got my S-Rank in Bad Company 2 after many months of work and playing of DLC. I'm quite proud of this one. Many thanks to Damien for helping me finally get "Et Tu Brute?". Those of you who have the S-Rank stand up and be counted!

#2 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

I have the original 1000, Spectat costs money here in Europe and I don't have any interest in Onslaught until a few of my friends get it.

#3 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Darksaw said:
" I have the original 1000, Spectat costs money here in Europe and I don't have any interest in Onslaught until a few of my friends get it. "
Spectat cost money everywhere and Onslaught seems pretty bland.
#4 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

typical case of DLC ruining a good S-rank.

#5 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -
@withateethuh said:
"Spectat cost money everywhere"

Have they fixed this then? You could get it free before with minimal work.
#6 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Onslaught is fun but in order to get all the achievements you have to complete the four maps on Hardcore mode. This sucks most of the fun out and turns it into a situation where you can spend twenty minutes slowly moving across a map and have every die in seconds. I managed to get it in a couple of days but you definitely have to have a group of people who know what they're doing.

As for SpecAct I'm pretty sure that the backdoor free mode doesn't work. As it is the DLC isn't too expensive and gets you some easy achievements and some nice weapon and class skins.

#7 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I had the original 1,000, in addition to the SPECTAT.  

I was away when Onslaught was released, but I might buy it just for some more Battlefield action.

#8 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

dlc acheevs suck, that is all

#9 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -
@nail1080: I think it all depends on how it's done. Something like the Onslaught and SpecAct achievements don't bother me because they're relatively simple and add something significant to the game. In one case a new gameplay mode and in the other more incentive to keep playing multiplayer. Now, an example of bad DLC achievements would be the Dante's Inferno's Trial of St. Lucia. I don't think I'll ever mess with all of the level creation nonsense and thus my S-Rank is ruined.
#10 Posted by Nadafinga (957 posts) -

I actually really enjoyed playing Onslaught on hardcore (interesting because I dont enjoy competitive mp on hardcore). Sure it was tough, but it was intense, and with a group of guys who know what they're doing and communicate well, it's totally doable, and rewarding.

Oh, and since I'm ps3, I have the equivalent of s-rank, platinum trophy with all dlc trophies too.

#11 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Very nice. Perhaps someday Sony will open up the trophies so we can all bask in the glory the same way we do with achievements.

#12 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@CenturionCajun: one can only dream :(
#13 Posted by KimChi4U (368 posts) -

I'm only missing about 14 or so Destruction 2.0 kills for the S rank. Haven't touched it for about a month, thinking about picking it up to get those done and then not touch it again until the expansion.
#14 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

I've played an awful lot of this game. I got all the original achievements within a week or two. The SPECACT stuff came a while after it was actually released because I ended up taking a big break before I got the 100 kills with each weapon. Luckily I had the majority of the M95 kills before the patch when that weapon was beastly. The Onslaught stuff was easy enough, even got it with randoms from Europe (and before anyone reads into that, that's a comment that I was up till 5am+ when the European people start coming on, not a slight in their gaming abilities).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.