Battlefield Troll Song by DCRU Colin

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Some dude doing BF:BC 2 videos (and that Arica Shotgun song) finally had enough of youtube trolls and vented his frustrations with a...

SONG!?!

Have a cookie trolls! Well done. All the anger energy you seeded into this world has finally grown into a creative low dangling fruit.
#2 Posted by swamplord666 (1762 posts) -

Really enjoyed this! 

#3 Posted by Joelteon7 (101 posts) -

Thanks for the link. Very amusing!

#4 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (824 posts) -

Most entertaining! I enjoyed that, thanks.
#5 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I love it! 

#6 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

love it!

#7 Posted by ShockD (2410 posts) -

He ain't that bad.

#8 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I'm not a fan of using the word "troll" or singling out the "loud minority" and calling them names, because before we knew it, it became the norm and now honest fans who complain and/or criticize for valid reasons also get called trolls and whiners..  

if X was an actual troll (being a destructive asshole who's out to hurt and sabotage), Y was a complainer, and Z were the satisfied public : 
Z called X a troll (legit) -> it becomes popular for Z to call X's trolls (also legit)  
But then, Z start noticing this other group - those with unpopular opinions and/or unpopular complaints/criticism for certain aspects of the industry and/or certain games (being Y) -> Z, now feeling like a powerful collective of internet users who can gang up on whomever they want, start calling Y a troll 

And so i'm against the whole "them trolls" or simply "them" camp that we blindly hate and fight, because that gives this collective entitlement that makes us walk all over innocent people in the process. 
People are now afraid to ask for proper games for their 60$ because of "good loving non-whambulance gamers"  who think it's open minded and laid back to not bitch and just bend over to developers and publishers. How did that happen? it started the first time people on the internet gathered and coined the term "trolls / whiners" 

Edit: And now that i've finished the song... I thought he actually had something smart to say to assholes and 'trolls', but he's using the tired old "nerdy basement dwellers who've never touched boobs" approach? How unoriginal and unhelpful.. 

#9 Posted by Tactless (89 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
I'm not a fan of using the word "troll" or singling out the "loud minority" and calling them names, because before we knew it, it became the norm and now honest fans who complain and/or criticize for valid reasons also get called trolls and whiners..   if X was an actual troll (being a destructive asshole who's out to hurt and sabotage), Y was a complainer, and Z were the satisfied public : Z called X a troll (legit) -> it becomes popular for Z to call X's trolls (also legit)  But then, Z start noticing this other group - those with unpopular opinions and/or unpopular complaints/criticism for certain aspects of the industry and/or certain games (being Y) -> Z, now feeling like a powerful collective of internet users who can gang up on whomever they want, start calling Y a troll  And so i'm against the whole "them trolls" or simply "them" camp that we blindly hate and fight, because that gives this collective entitlement that makes us walk all over innocent people in the process. People are now afraid to ask for proper games for their 60$ because of "good loving non-whambulance gamers"  who think it's open minded and laid back to not bitch and just bend over to developers and publishers. How did that happen? it started the first time people on the internet gathered and coined the term "trolls / whiners"   Edit: And now that i've finished the song... I thought he actually had something smart to say to assholes and 'trolls', but he's using the tired old "nerdy basement dwellers who've never touched boobs" approach? How unoriginal and unhelpful.. 
quoting for effect.  Nice song though.
#10 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Man, these fuckers leave a bad mark on the PC elitist community.

#11 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -

Well now I am not so sure anymore about getting into pc gaming...

#12 Posted by rmanthorp (4009 posts) -

Haha! That was pretty ace!

#13 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Makes me want to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 again :- ) Thankfully I still have it!

Anybody fancy a big GiantBomb game of it? lol

#14 Posted by Cabbage_TheMan (240 posts) -

great song!

#15 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

Trolls don't bother me at all. Better make a song about it, because they don't bother me at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.