Been Kicked For True Aim - Why I Love PC Gaming *Sarcasm*

• 62 results
#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
*Rant ON*

So I got kicked the second time in my BF:BC 2 run on PC. First time I've been legitimately kicked was to make space for a reserved VIP slot (albeit I was top on scoreboards and there were lots of shitty players in the room - certainly didn't influence the admin's choice ;P). Just now I got kicked for 'Aimbotting'. I shot an out of bounds camping sniper server admin in the face with a SMG. Took me 3 good bursts. Obviously I must be cheating.

Got to say I'm warming up to playing BF:BC 2 on PC overall. Mostly due to service transparency. Server browser and ability to queue up for a full server and such are pretty damn dope. But damn - all them retarded rules for auto-kicking and auto-suiciding and auto-ban. Been auto-killed for picking up a sniper kit from the ground. Been auto-killed for shooting out-of-bounds campers. I've even been auto-banned for killing an out-of-bounds camping tank with a chopper (they shoot at me, but I am not allowed to shoot at them!?!).  And now I'm starting to get good enough to get kicked by soup-nazi-server admins and sore losers for true aim.

Fucking hate the empowerment of a few 'elitist' players on the PC platform. It goes from client-side tinkering with visibility and controls, to frequently running into dudes using hacks such as aimbots, to fucking asshole server admins. Yeah - they pay to run servers and to run them their way. I get that; I certainly don't have to like it though. I much prefer being on even ground with everyone. No all powerful admins. No cheaters using 3rd party software to ruin everyone's fun. I like my games to play one way. Not however some asshat wants it to play. Some servers run rules, that ain't BF:BC 2 anymore. That's some gimp-ass whiney shit sauce right there.

I really hope EA/DICE will do something to prevent admins from going batty with rules and 'sore loser bullshit' like kicking good players for dominating gameplay performance. Especially since the PC skew of BF3 will be my main SKU this time around.

*Rant OFF*
#2 Posted by cartvader (142 posts) -

get a console or run your own server. 

Peace

#3 Posted by Eaxis (928 posts) -

I for the most part do not enjoy multiplayer unless it's with people I know. Many are assholes who like to ruin fun for others online. Assholes online exploit and cheat in the game.

#4 Posted by Rockdalf (1290 posts) -

Happens to me all the time on TF2.  I play a spy and I stab EVERYONE in the back, regardless of server status.  Needless to say, when the admin on the other team needs one person to kick to make from for reserved slot, I'm almost always it, despite being the top of the leaderboard. 

Nothing you can do really, just go along your way and hope to find a server of like minded individuals.  They are out there.

#5 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -
@cartvader said:
get a console or run your own server.  Peace
People like you are annoying. 

@OP: 
Yeah I feel your pain, that's why I am happy all they have power over is silly Battlefield servers and not something important in the world.
#6 Posted by Synaptic (311 posts) -

cartvader may have said it too flat out but it's true. Find some buddies online and host your own server, it's a great way to make your own community and get to play with the type of people you enjoy playing with.

#7 Posted by J12088 (453 posts) -

Dunno why you people have such trouble. Clocked up 300 hours on TF2 and i can't say I've ever been booted for cheating or any reason actually.

Don't own bad company 2 on PC but i can't imagine every server is like that. Theres always servers about that are standard rules with standard maps and just people looking to have fun and those servers are so much better than shitty matchmaking. Keep searching.

#8 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

I don't play many online games on PC because of ridiculously strict server admins.  Even on Minecraft, you have these admins which will ban you for no reason at all.

#9 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@J12088 said:

Dunno why you people have such trouble. Clocked up 300 hours on TF2 and i can't say I've ever been booted for cheating or any reason actually.  Don't own bad company 2 on PC but i can't imagine every server is like that. Theres always servers about that are standard rules with standard maps and just people looking to have fun and those servers are so much better than shitty matchmaking. Keep searching.

Certainly not a huge problem. I've been playing more than 30 hours and I've had 2 incidents of getting kicked by admins. There's lots of servers with wierd rules, but too crazy servers are easily avoided. It's no biggy. Still - when it happens it's just like... 

'DAMN! No fair. Not cool dude.'

I'm usually done for the day after such an incident. Even wierd rules being automatically enforced by a suicide - they just kill my mood.
#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@cartvader said:

It's still EA/DICE's game and lots of servers I've been seeing are against their 'laws', of course EA/DICE doesn't enforce their restrictions.

Now if they'd only strip most of these functionalities out of the official server admin tools, that'd be dope. I'd love to see an end of random rules and random kicking. Some default protection of the common man's interest. To enforce a more common ground.
#11 Posted by StingingVelvet (569 posts) -

Play on good servers with people you know.  Play on official servers.  That's pretty much the best advice.  I know it's hard when you want to play really often and your typical servers are empty, but hopefully that should be the exception and not the rule.

#12 Edited by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Wtf are guys talking about, I've put almost 250 hrs in BFBC2 on the PC and never run in these "issues".  There are hundreds of servers to choose from, find another one that doesn't have rules you don't agree with. Frankly in my experience there is never an Admin around when you actually need one.

#13 Posted by Enns (360 posts) -

There are a few things you can do to remedy this, and it also makes playing a lot more fun.

Play with friends, join a clan, hunt for a good server.

If you can manage the third you might be able to obtain the first two.

Once you're known as a regular you naturally make friends that way.

#14 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -

ESL banned me last year for cheating in CS. I haven't played CS since 2003.

#15 Posted by dragonzord (817 posts) -

When I get kicked for hacking, I know I'm pro and I know they mad. It's a victory for you OP. It's the equivalent of dropping a nuke in MW2

#16 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@mnzy said:
Well don't you feel cool.
#17 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -
@Xolare said:

@mnzy said:

What? I didn't cheat, I didn't even play the game was what I was saying.
PC gaming indeed.
#18 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@mnzy said:
@Xolare said:

@mnzy said:

What? I didn't cheat, I didn't even play the game was what I was saying. PC gaming indeed.
Hmmm. I guess I really suck at reading.
#19 Posted by Droop (1881 posts) -

So you want something like MW2 on the PC?

If you get kicked by some sore loser admin report him on the community that runs the server, I guess.

#20 Edited by JEC03 (900 posts) -

There's really good servers out there you have to keep looking there will always be dicks online and over power hungry admin trust me there's good servers out there. Don't give up I could never go to p2p match making  system on consoles yuck especially with 12 year  olds. Basically PC has a more mature community for the most part  you just got to look for it you will find it.

#21 Edited by emem (1968 posts) -

@mnzy said:

@Xolare said:

@mnzy said:

What? I didn't cheat, I didn't even play the game was what I was saying. PC gaming indeed.

Did you share your key with someone? Or maybe you got hacked? You don't get banned by leagues for no reason.

@JEC03: True, I don't play that much multiplayer anymore, but I don't have problems playing TF2 or BC2 without interruption on servers I know.

#22 Posted by Aeterna (1118 posts) -

I've been kicked 2 or 3 times on Bad Company 2 because I did have a very good kill/death ratio. It's just one of those moments when you're really into it and focused, you can make incredible shots. Especially so on the really vehicle-focused conquest map in the desert, if you shoot dome some tanks and a heli you can have 4 or 6 kills already, playing defensively got me up to 19/1 once.

So yeah, can't say I really blame the admin too much, but still, it's annoying as it really gets you out of the groove.

#23 Posted by GreyFox (137 posts) -

You are unlucky with the servers you choose. I have had similar problems, but only on rare occasions.

#24 Posted by JEC03 (900 posts) -
@emem said:

@mnzy said:

@Xolare said:

@mnzy said:

Did you share your key with someone? Or maybe you got hacked? You don't get banned by leagues for no reason.

@JEC03: True, I don't play that much multiplayer anymore, but I don't have problems playing TF2 or BC2 without interruption on servers I know.

Hmmm I don't get it I didn't say that I don't even play TF2.
#25 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Surprised you aren't complaining about punkbuster.

#26 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
Surprised you aren't complaining about punkbuster.
The only problem I had with punkbuster is...

...it's just not 100% effective. Had 1 room thus far, where an aimbotter went on a rampage so bad, my whole team quit.

Anywho - all of what I've written in my OP is the exception to the rule of usually having decent enough rooms, admins and rounds. Inevitably though, I'll run into such a thing and it's a bummer everytime.
#27 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

I have played that game for 200 hours and never ran into an issue like that. Perhaps it's simply the servers you choose to play on.

#28 Edited by emem (1968 posts) -

@JEC03: Huh? You wrote "There's really good servers out there you have to keep looking.." and I wrote "True, I don't play that much multiplayer anymore, but I don't have problems playing TF2 or BC2 without interruption on servers I know". So what exactly don't you get? :)

#29 Posted by Tennmuerti (8113 posts) -

@zoner said:

When I get kicked for hacking, I know I'm pro and I know they mad. It's a victory for you OP. It's the equivalent of dropping a nuke in MW2

Yep, I have adopted a similar attitude.

#30 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Seppli: Sounds like you are having a better experience than most then. I myself can't play multiplayer matches because whenever I join a server and get into a vehicle my game crashes :P
#31 Posted by SSully (4193 posts) -

I have run into servers like this back on BF2. It was annoying, but it happens. The best advice I think is to find servers you like and favorite them.(Does BC2 even have a favorite system on PC???)

That is what I do for TF2 and have literally never been kicked from a server.

#32 Posted by Franstone (1121 posts) -

Yea...
Sounds like you need to find a better server. 
I never have any of those issues.
I might have been accused of aimbots in the past but I've never been kicked.

#33 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Seppli: Sounds like you are having a better experience than most then. I myself can't play multiplayer matches because whenever I join a server and get into a vehicle my game crashes :P

That's a hardware or software issue then, what did you try to fix it? Sounds a bit weird, tbh.

@SSully: It does have a favourites list and a list for last visited servers.. so it's pretty easy to stay away from the bad servers.

#34 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@emem: The only fix I could think of would be upgrading my computer, which I don't really care to do for ONE game. But yeah, it's a little strange, especially considering the fact that I can technically play multiplayer matches as long as I don't get into a vehicle.
#35 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

For someone complaining about unreasonable competetive FPS players, you sure seem to harbor a lot of anger and unreasonable emotional investment in that game.

#36 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero: Hmm, did you try to install all your newest drivers, like graphics, chipset, sound..? It doesn't make sense to me that it only crashes when you enter a vehicle.

#37 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@SSully said:

I have run into servers like this back on BF2. It was annoying, but it happens. The best advice I think is to find servers you like and favorite them.(Does BC2 even have a favorite system on PC???)

That is what I do for TF2 and have literally never been kicked from a server.

Sometimes favorites aren't running or are populated with an undesirable crowd. Then I have to take a shot in the dark. Trying a full room with a low ping. Some servers have so many players with admin rights, you can get kicked from good rooms too, just because some dude with admin rights snapped due to getting owned too hard.

I had a lot less problems with admins than I expected thus far. It's not as wide-spread a problem as my OP might make it look, but running into it is a bitch. One I could really do without.
#38 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -

Counter-Strike doesn't ban skill.

#39 Posted by JEC03 (900 posts) -
@emem said:

@JEC03: Huh? You wrote "There's really good servers out there you have to keep looking.." and I wrote "True, I don't play that much multiplayer anymore, but I don't have problems playing TF2 or BC2 without interruption on servers I know". So what exactly don't you get? :)

I see now ok man cool lol.
#40 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
For someone complaining about unreasonable competetive FPS players, you sure seem to harbor a lot of anger and unreasonable emotional investment in that game.
For someone trying to sound reasonable, you seem to be trollin' too obviously.
#41 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Being called a hacker is the greatest compliment there actually is. 

Unless you actually are one. 

No reason to take offense.

#42 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@Seppli: Totally feeling you on this one but as people have mentioned, the strength of private servers is also its weakness: Customization. There are a ton of servers tailored perfectly for your type of playstyle, enabling you to have a great time. There are also servers with buttfucking retarded rules and players that will give you cancer if you stay long enough. Let the favorite server list be your best friend. (Kinda ridiculous though how you can only have 20 servers on it)

#43 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@emem: Yeah I already did all that, tried everything. Before it was a bigger problem though, where everything that was "destructible" would flicker on and off like crazy, but then that got fixed.  Doesn't matter now though, I don't play BC2 :P
#44 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

I've never experienced these admin abuse stories in all the time I've been playing pc games. I usually pick the server with the lowest ping and closest to full. The popular ones are normally run as normal games.

#45 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

I get around this problem by being really bad at competitive multiplayer games.

#46 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -
@emem said:

@mnzy said:

@Xolare said:

@mnzy said:

I think CS only uses that Steam ID, I think? Not sure though and I didn't get hacked.
We got dynamic IPs here so my guess was that he by accident got the same IP that I had when I visited the site or something.

The best part of it was that they said my account was the fake account of that 15 year old cheater. But my account was created in 2001, so he must've made it when he was 6 years old.
Those admins were really ignorant and even a guy I knew that works for the ESL full time couldn't help.
I don't even play there anymore but for nostalgic reasons I was pissed about it, jsut since I was one of the first thousands of people on that big thing the ESL is now.
#47 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5257 posts) -

Find another server?

I just started playing too, and while I'm not godlike, I am pretty decent at the game. I haven't been kicked once yet. So far all the terrible server rules I've ever come across is no racism, no base raping, and no spawn killing. I have yet to see servers with crazy parameters. Of course maybe I'm just good at finding fun servers.

Also usually the rules are listed in the server name....so yeah.

#48 Posted by Bollard (5567 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@cartvader said:

It's still EA/DICE's game and lots of servers I've been seeing are against their 'laws', of course EA/DICE doesn't enforce their restrictions.  Now if they'd only strip most of these functionalities out of the official server admin tools, that'd be dope. I'd love to see an end of random rules and random kicking. Some default protection of the common man's interest. To enforce a more common ground.
Didn't they confirm no mod tools for BF3? So the good news might be, at least it'll be harder for them to create stupid rules which autokill you for picking certain kits!
#49 Posted by Mikemcn (6989 posts) -

I know how you feel, Admins on game servers are idiots. Just find another server i guess.

#50 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

The most fucked up thing I have run into over the past few months are regular servers but they have some kind of "special rule" in place like Only Sniper Rifles or some bullshit, well they make it very clear when you join the Admin normally goes HEY THIS IS WHAT WERE DOING DO IT OR BAN, so whatever I can dig that stuff, but every Single time this is going on the admins are running around using regular weapons and you just stop and go WTF? So I say in chat every time *Screw this if your allowed to use this, than so can I* I then use whatever I damn well please and you get booted, it's stupidity at it's finest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.