Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

BFBC2 Server Problems

cduce2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cduce2411

I am getting sick and tired of this. Every day since the day it came out the servers have been down at least once. I love this game, but it now feels like a waste of money because I can barely play it. Doesn't EA learn from past games?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

It will smooth out.  It's annoying because this time it froze my PC up, so I had to restart, only to find I could not log in.  Just gotta have patience though. 

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Novyx

At least they actually have servers, right? I'm guessing they just didn't anticipate such a high load on the servers, since apparently they're acting fast to upgrade. It's good in the long run.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's getting a bit ridiculous tho.
    The first weekend and this shit just keeps happening all weekend, it's a major bummer especially when you're on a roll with a good team.
    Not to mention there was a beta and plenty of time to sort this thing out. Seems very poorly planned.
    Instead of launching on a high note the official boards are filled with nerd rage now lol :) 
    I can understand all the anger and frustration however, people were planning to have some fun and relax during this weekend eagerly anticipating the release and now for many it just turns a fun activity into a frustrating day.
    When you're trying to compete with juggernauts like MW2 things should be taken seriously, not with unreliable servers/netcode.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Quipido

I agree with everything said above, I am pissed but all we can do is wait (and whine lol.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it seems to be about the time that America has woken up and now its all fucked. Needless to say this is all Americas fault :-)

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Th3dz
    @kingando420 said:
    " Yes it seems to be about the time that America has woken up and now its all fucked. Needless to say this is all Americas fault. "
    Really? And here I thought it was EA who was behind all of this, apparently  I was wrong.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By jkz

I agree, but you kind of have to anticipate this, since it happens with every big game release from EA, especially when that game is a Battlefield game.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By nail1080

Look man go play some nooby ass cod if you don't want dedicated servers and enjoy your lag.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Baillie
    @nail1080 said:
    " Look man go play some nooby ass cod if you don't want dedicated servers and enjoy your lag. "
    Nice one. 

I don't get it, why are some of you defending this? Just to get back at you, nail1080 - MW2 always let me play with me friends, always let me get into games. You know, actually play the game. This is downright bullshit, this isn't 2004 any more, things like this shouldn't be happening. 

I don't want to play MW2, I want to play BFBC2, but I physically can't.
    Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pinkshley1

EAs servers always get overloaded, and they always say "we didn't anticipate so much traffic". Wow, no shit! your servers have only been overloaded for half your other games but you still don't anticipate a lot of traffic?

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeyIA
    @Th3dz:
    If somebody has '420' in their name its best to just ignore them.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nail1080
    @Baillie said:

" @nail1080 said:

" Look man go play some nooby ass cod if you don't want dedicated servers and enjoy your lag. "
    Nice one.  I don't get it, why are some of you defending this? Just to get back at you, nail1080 - MW2 always let me play with me friends, always let me get into games. You know, actually play the game. This is downright bullshit, this isn't 2004 any more, things like this shouldn't be happening.  I don't want to play MW2, I want to play BFBC2, but I physically can't. "
    don't cry cuz i mocked ur prcious arcade game
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Nasar7

I only experienced this once, did something else for a few hours no big.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Baillie
    @nail1080: Don't cry? I think you're getting mixed up here. You're the one that went straight to mock MW2. Don't try to be a dick. 

I've played Battlefield for a long time, I played the demo way more than I played MW2. All I'm saying is I literally can't get into a game. It was fine the first night, then it started screwing up. That's been friday, saturday and sunday that I've not been able to get into a game and whenever I have, it's been after about 5 minutes of waiting and not being able to go into a squad of my friends. 

I just want it to be sorted out, why do you blindly defend something that's clearly in the wrong?
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @JoeyIA said:
    " @Th3dz: If somebody has '420' in their name its best to just ignore them. "
    He also has a hammer and sickle for his avatar so I would expect no less from them. 

But seriously, I've barely been able to play on the PC since it's released since I'm constantly having EA connection problems. I'm currently waiting for it to work as I'm typing this. It smoothed out after about 2 days for the beta. Here's to hoping it'll be gone soon enough.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mikemcn
    @nail1080 said:
    " @Baillie said:

" @nail1080 said:

Nice one.  I don't get it, why are some of you defending this? Just to get back at you, nail1080 - MW2 always let me play with me friends, always let me get into games. You know, actually play the game. This is downright bullshit, this isn't 2004 any more, things like this shouldn't be happening.  I don't want to play MW2, I want to play BFBC2, but I physically can't. "
    don't cry cuz i mocked ur prcious arcade game "
    Could you get banned Nail? Please?

What did they do in the beta anyways? They didn't solve anything really....... I sorta wish they had just made it a console port rather then try and mess with all this dedicated server stuff that they apparently can't handle.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@nail1080 said:
    "don't cry cuz i mocked ur prcious arcade game "
    You are a bad troll. 

Sucks the servers are dead, I've been playing all day here in the UK. Gives me a reason to watch Nascar.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By big_jon

I was in the middle of a game were I was 20 k and 1 d and it knocked me off dammit! I hope it saved my stats.
    Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Azrail

actually right now the dedi servers give u a bad ping, most likely due to EA shit setup/servers 

the pings in hthe browser so 5 and u get in and ping 100

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @big_jon said:
    "
    I was in the middle of a game were I was 20 k and 1 d and it knocked me off dammit! I hope it saved my stats. "
    Haha, same thing happened last night! Was doing really well, and the server pretty much shut down.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By big_jon
    @CornontheCobbe said:
    " @big_jon said:
    "
    I was in the middle of a game were I was 20 k and 1 d and it knocked me off dammit! I hope it saved my stats. "
    Haha, same thing happened last night! Was doing really well, and the server pretty much shut down. "

Damn them
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hunkulese

People need to relax. It's the first week. I know you don't want to hear this but a company would be stupid to try and have too many servers when the game is launched. It's a bad business move that can really bite you in the ass if the game doesn't sell as expected. They use the first week or so to try an judge how many people are playing and then fix their server issues accordingly.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fentonalpha
    @nail1080 said:
    Hold your tongue boy.... they'd eat you alive on CoD.  And keep your trolling under control.
    EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EvolutionX0

Its gotten to the point that it has just stop working entirely, its starting to piss me off. 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Venatio

Everything is completly gone on Xbox Live, no servers or anything

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Quipido

Stop the fuck arguing about BFBC2 vs MW2! Just pick your favorite and play it, or play both (or none) but dont start this shit on the forum. Thank you.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rehehelly

I love how everyone moans in the first week of a game about how terrible the servers are and that you wasted money playing the game.

BC2 doesn't have a monthly charge does it? It's not like it's a waste of money since you paid for a game which you can play til the servers all go kaput in the future, the first week for pretty much all games go like this, company has to know what the load is like and THEN upgrade the servers rather than have too many servers for too few players.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aeterna
    @Azrail said:
    " actually right now the dedi servers give u a bad ping, most likely due to EA shit setup/servers   the pings in hthe browser so 5 and u get in and ping 100 "
    Well, you yourself could've expected a ping of 5 to not be correct. Same for servers which show up with a ping of 1. It's simply not realistic. 
    The first actual real servers are probably 15-50 or even higher depending on your location, internet speed and overall amount of traffic on the internet and the servers.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Rehehelly:  No, but xbox live does. I'm paying for a service, and I expect it to at least... oh I dunno.. work? 

EA and other devs/publishers need to get their shit together. They know good and damn well how many people buy these kinda games ( mean their sales projections are always through the damn roof anyways), so why can't they use their one collective brain cell and actually prepare for this. So many popular games go to shit in the first weekend or so, and it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. 
    Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rehehelly
    @XII_Sniper: My comment was more aimed at PC gamers since, there are more of them playing BC2 than on the ol' sexbox.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Rehehelly: Fair enough, but I'm still getting issues on EA's servers. It's actually not xbox live's or microsoft's fault, it's EA's stupid fault for insisting every game they release runs on their own servers, unlike any other xbox live games which are usually P2P. That's pretty much the only reason we're having any of this bullshit to deal with. Because they want more control.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

yeah I remember the first skate game had trouble connecting from time to time. Atleast when it works it works great. I've played 5 or 6 hours and haven't had any lag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.