Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Dear DICE, EA is wrecking your game.

• 65 results
    LocatedSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By LocatedSafe
    @REDRUN: "we're video game nerds we don't DO anything else..." 

lol another successful lunch break thanks to the internetz.   

Being a long time PC Gamer (360 convert) and mmo geek these server issues are annoying but don't send me into a rage.  EA should have done a better job forecasting server requirements but, working as a purchaser for an IT department, I can tell you that servers, connectors, gateways, ect are INCREDIBLY expensive (tens of thousands of dollars each) and game companies/divisions are tied to yearly budgets just like anybody else - nobody gets unlimited money.  They probably bought as many servers as they had budgeted for, per their forecasting, and are now realizing that they underestimated just how popular the game would be.  It happens, nobody can predict the future. I'm confident that they're working as quickly as they can to resolve the issues but it's not as simple as plugging a memory stick into a USB port.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By REDRUN
    @LocatedSafe: damn their sucess! :)
    LocatedSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LocatedSafe

Seriously! EA needs to publish bad games so that their servers don't overload. DOWN WITH GOOD GAMES!

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Coombs

EA has always had this problem, I can remember BF:MC2 the servers would go down 1-2 times a day everyday, And the clan match servers were down off and on all day.  They will not fix the problem.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Coombs said:
    " EA has always had this problem, I can remember BF:MC2 the servers would go down 1-2 times a day everyday, And the clan match servers were down off and on all day.  They will not fix the problem. "
    And that's why it's bullshit. I learn from my mistakes, why can't EA? I'm tired of that excuse "This is a battlefield game, you should expect it." No, I should expect a product that works when I pay for it.  

I understand there are things that come up that they can't prepare for, but this is familiar territory.  The cover of the game says "Defining Online Warfare" but they continue to have ridiculous problems with just that.  It's just aggravating as hell because the game is so good and yet the problems are so persistent. 
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Coombs
    @Out_On_Bail: 
    Yet another reason why EA fails.
    I find it funny how 90% of people here are defending BF:BC for the same kind of bullshit they continuously bitch about in MW2,

"Yeah the support is almost non-existent, But MW2 just sucks, BF:BC2 is kickass.... They'll fix it.... I know they will......"
    LocatedSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LocatedSafe

Well I mean we're either talking about BF:BC2 or we're talking about EA.  As far as I can tell BF:BC2 is a great product - it's EA's hardware that's fucking everything up.   That doesn't make BF:BC2 shitty or defective in and of it'self.  

MW2 is junk from the code up. 

I think that's why you see so many BF:BC2 apologists; it's really not the software's fault.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Coombs
    @LocatedSafe: 
    Except the whole HUD system that killed communication..... 
    Nobody even bothers to use a mic anymore because of this shit, So now even the limited communication that they give you is useless because nobody even bothers.   BAD DESIGN.
    LocatedSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LocatedSafe
    @Coombs:  Wait what's this about the HUD ruining communication?  The Battlefield series has always had a HUD system and I never had a problem with communication in BF2 (pc).  Admittedly I never played BC1 but I honestly don't understand your point and how the HUD killed comms.  Educate me.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Coombs
    @LocatedSafe: 
    Squad combat killed it, The HUD was supposed to make this a non issue but failed miserably at doing it.
    So it's not really the HUD system it's the squad system that killed the series
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Coombs said:
    "it's the squad system that killed the series "

What is this madness. 

Squad combat's an amazing idea, It's been working for 5 years now, and proven itself to be quite successful. Definitely helps co-ordinate the people coming over from other shooters that aren't as team focused. Putting them in a small, focused team, that when they DO stick together and work together really heavily increase the likelihood of winning. One co-ordinated squad can change the match entirely.  

The only shitty part in this game is that you can't talk outside your squad. There should be proximity chat or something.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Coombs
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Coombs said:
    "it's the squad system that killed the series "
     What is this madness.  Squad combat's an amazing idea, It's been working for 5 years now, and proven itself to be quite successful. Definitely helps co-ordinate the people coming over from other shooters that aren't as team focused. Putting them in a small, focused team, that when they DO stick together and work together really heavily increase the likelihood of winning. One co-ordinated squad can change the match entirely.   The only shitty part in this game is that you can't talk outside your squad. There should be proximity chat or something. "
    Problem is nobody has a mic because nobody else does, And its VERY rare that people actually work together,
    Your point makes sense but it really doesn't apply since nobody bothers to work together, Seriously when was the last time you got a squad where everyone worked together?  A squad full of people on your friends list doesn't count, We're talking about random players.
    It just doesn't happen, And a large part of the reason is the lack of people with mics, And why are people not using mics?
    Because they don't care because they can only communicate with part of their team anyway.
    So unless your playing with full groups of people you know are good, Which most people don't, Squad combat fails.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By infininja

It's true that having a larger pool of people to talk to (12 on a team instead of 4 in a squad) increases your chances of finding someone else with a mic, but I don't think it would encourage anyone that wouldn't put on a mic as it is to start strategizing.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stealthdf2

man i dunno about you guys but my friends and i always use teamwork together. That may be why we all shoot to the top of list in every game tho. lastnight we held back the attacking team on Arica Harbour and they didnt get past the first point but they didnt even get one of the bombs at all. Then we attacked and swept them so fast it was ridiculous, and then we repeated this for the next few games and then guys one the team started sending us messages saying we must have no life if we are all that good LOL sore losers!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Coombs: But strategically, it's at least better than slapping everyone onto one big ol' team, and then really, have fun trying to strategize and divvy up tasks. It's at least likelier and easier to take the reins of a 3-4 person team. And publicly, I've had it happen a couple times, but it's not quite common, this is true. Hovever playing BC2 solo is also kindof crazy. After playing a few matches with people I could chat and strategize with, I barely want to play solo ever again. 

And thanks to our community clan, this won't have to happen ever again, because there's usually someone online, and tonight an entire bombing run, so it should be pretty awesome.  

Luckily if you don't play with people, they at least added the spotting feature, which people have been doing a good job of using, I've noticed, so basic team strategies can form out of that. There should be more incentive to follow squad orders though, that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.