Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

DICE: No new maps until Vietnam

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

From the EA UK forums, a DICE member relayed answers to some community questions: 
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1213608-cm-questionnaire-3.html#post16481994

I just received the answers and here they are:

1- why was the AT4 nerfed?
    Demize99 is on semester at the moment so we need to ask him when he gets back. (not for public) (The person who can answer this is currently on vacation).

2- is the chatbox bug going to be adressed soon?
    We know this has been an issue and we are looking into bugs within the last patch including the chatbox issue.

3- what are the ETA´s on the mode packs release?
    The map pack release dates will be announced prior to their release for each pack usually at 16:00'clock upon the days of release.

4- does DICE plans to release any new maps at all? and when?
    DICE is releasing map packs with new game modes on already existing maps. Vietnam will bring new maps to Bad Company 2.

5- is the all bronze star insignias requirements an error that needs to be adressed or will we have to buy the SPECACT to get them?
    It is a bug within the game and SPECACT isn’t required to obtain the insignias. We had to remove SPECACT from the patch due to it was causing problems but we are looking to add it as soon as we locate the problem.

6-is the removal of the revive inv. beeing considered still or is forgotten?
    This is something we are investigating on how to best implement a new system for reviving with invulnerability removed.

7- scopes on G3 and M14? yes or no once and for all?
    We are receiving many questions about this and Demize99 has already explained they won’t be in there anytime soon and is constantly under review.

8 - How is DICE going to deal with the leaked server files.Will they officially release them,bring down the modified servers or just do nothing?
    We are aware of this and are urging everyone not to play on those servers. We are working on bringing down the leaked servers already. Server files will not be officially released.

9 - wasn´t the friends list suposed to be increased to 100 in this last patch?if yes an ETA on the fix?
    This is a backend stability limit. When the game released we needed to keep the load down by limiting friends to 20. We may increase the limit in the future but this hasn’t been confirmed yet.

10 - wasn´t the G3 suposed to return to its former glory in the 1.03 patch?is it going to be corrected? when?
    There were no plans to return the G3 to what it was but to balance it more with other guns.

11 - any chance of getting friendly mine indicators on the gadget or the mini map like the c4 has?
    It is something we haven’t considered adding but is a possible addition in the future. We however don't know when this will happen. 

So it appears that we are stuck with new game modes on existing maps until the release of Bad Company 2: Vietnam. This seemed to go against DICE's exclamation of never charging for new maps. I guess it was EA's call in the end after all. Do you guys expect to still be playing Bad Company 2 by the time Vietnam is released later this year? Just how many more "VIP map packs" will be released until then?
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

They'll have to be 4-6 new maps to get me interested in buying vietnam by the time it rolls around

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Pie: Alternatively, would you accept 3 new maps plus the various game modes on those maps?
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By s7evn

Shame, hopefully Vietnam is only like $15 and comes with enough new maps.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

I don't think that really counts as "paying for maps", considering Vietnam is a full expansion pack with new vehicles, weapons, skins etc. I probably won't still be playing by the time Vietnam is released, but it will definitly get me back onto it.

Also I seem to remember hearing 4 new maps, but that might be wrong.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Pie: Alternatively, would you accept 3 new maps plus the various game modes on those maps? "
    Im only interested in Rush, conquest on consoles feels a bit too unpopulated for me
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SSully

Haha its kind of funny, that guy didnt really answer any questions, he just said its a possability, or we are looking into it. 

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By emkeighcameron

Well, thanks for the info, as someone who plays tens of hours of BC2 per week I thought it was pretty interesting. A lot of these are questions I had myself.

I think DICE did a good job designing their maps (except Nelson Fucking Bay), so I'm not as bored as everybody else seems to be. I can certainly wait until Vietnam for new maps.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andrela

I wont be playing BC2 until the Vietnam maps come out anyway.

Hopefully they'll go as far Battlefield Vietnam style as possible, I want to be able to put down spike pits and use tunnels as spawn points. Better have as awesome a soundtrack as BV as well

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

Do we even know if Vietnam will be compatible with the regular BC2 multiplayer? I hope the maps at least work with regular BC2 so we don't have to switch servers/modes to play with any from of variety. Very disappointed DICE.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Pie: Alternatively, would you accept 3 new maps plus the various game modes on those maps? "
    I know I wouldn't, 3 maps with 2 gametypes is still only 3 maps.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By FireBurger

All I read was a bunch of "We're working on it, and we don't know at this point" bullshit. They answered nothing. I love DICE, but they are coming off as incredibly lazy and incompetent with BC2.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mikemcn
    @Pie said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    Im only interested in Rush, conquest on consoles feels a bit too unpopulated for me "
    What if I throw in a Huey, and a Vietcong Faction?
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daryl
    @Tarsier said:
    " fuck. that. "
    'till you get sore.
    CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By CounterShock

That's a bummer

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax

It's weird that you say that. DICE hasn't released a single new map since the game came out. All they've done is make a majority of the maps available in one of the other game modes and called it a map pack.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spoonman671

It wouldn't be such a problem if the maps that came with the game weren't so shoddy.  People that play Battlefield want Battlefield-style maps.  These ones are all way too narrow.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By microshock

Ugh. The maps in BC2 are pretty good so I'm not really annoyed but basically we're going to be paying for maps. New vehicles/modes will come along it with like the 2142/BF2 expansions. 

I just would LOVE to know if the LAG on the east coast servers is fixed.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Microshock said:
    " Ugh. The maps in BC2 are pretty good so I'm not really annoyed but basically we're going to be paying for maps. New vehicles/modes will come along it with like the 2142/BF2 expansions.  I just would LOVE to know if the LAG on the east coast servers is fixed. "
    Lag was fixed a week or two ago.
    Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Garrus

Ah well, I always found it interesting to try different game modes on maps previously locked to another mode. Arica Harbour on Conquest is one of my favourites because I've given up on Rush due to the sheer uselesness of nearly every player I have on my team in Rush. More maps anyway is always good (then again Im likely to buy a map pack for Bad Company 2 regardless)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.