Double Save Data/Game Utility Data (PS3)

#1 Posted by MAST (734 posts) -

So I got this game through Gamefly, played it for awhile, then decided to go pick it up at Best Buy, and just send the disk I had back to Gamefly. I had already downloaded the patch, installed the game, and had single-player save data on my PS3. However, when I popped the new disk in it wanted me to download the patch again, install the game again, and then once I got in game my single-player save data wasn't there.

It's all still there on my PS3, under the same user. I now have two Game Data entries for Bad Company 2, as well as 2 save data folders. So from what I can gather. The PS3 can tell that it's a different disk, and wants to create new data folders because of that? Is there a way for me to make it use my existing save data? What's the deal here? Anyone know?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.