Dr. Pepper gives out new achievements

• 103 results
#1 Posted by MjHealy (1817 posts) -

With the Dr. Pepper DLC out next week (damn you Americans!) there seems to be some news regarding awards and achievements in the game;

With the 4 kit specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and M95 SNIPER you have a visual edge on the Battlefield, showing you're a force to be reckoned with. The pack also includes 12 new awards and 4 Achievements.  

So... is the DLC coming out in other regions? It better be.
#2 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -

Yeah it is, well in the UK its listed, I'm getting it when it comes out, if its not over 400 points, fingers crossed.

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

Fucking sponsored DLC? Man, I hate this industry.

#4 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

It better be here in Europe. I want my S Rank.

#5 Posted by Evilsbane (4516 posts) -
@MjHealy said:
" With the Dr. Pepper DLC out next week (damn you Americans!) "
Huh? WHAT DID I DO?
#6 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I am starting to hate Dr. Pepper and Gamestop. 

But mostly Gamestop.

#7 Posted by Phantom_Crash (298 posts) -

Wish I had some Dr.Pepper right now, Its hard to find in Australia. Well it is where I am anyway.

#8 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Wonder if I can just download it with my American XBL Silver account.

#9 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -
@AndrewB:
indeed
#10 Posted by HatKing (5768 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
"Fucking sponsored DLC? Man, I hate this industry. "

Not defending it here, but I think this idea has been around for a while.  I think Halo 2 was the first to do it with their Mt.Dew map pack, although that was given away for free.  :/
#11 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

doesnt seem like a necessary purchase

#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -

Grrr I hate paid dlc, gree FREE DLC?! thats even worse

#13 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
" Fucking sponsored DLC? Man, I hate this industry. "
Allow me to rephrase: "Free DLC that MS would otherwise make us pay for? Man, I can find anything to complain about." 

Seriously bro, say your post out loud and see if you still care.
#14 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (682 posts) -

Just putting this out there, I am drinking a Dr. Pepper as I am reading this and found a code under the cap...anyone want it?

#15 Posted by Guyzea (814 posts) -

Also as a special promotion, medics instead of throwing down med kits, they throw down Dr. Pepper cans.

#16 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

You don't really need to pay for this DLC either. You just need a self-addressed postage stamp. I have like four on my Dr.Pepper account thing. Got a couple Battlefield Heroes costumes. Dr. Pepper is delicious as hell too.

#17 Posted by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/rules/ 

FREE CODES: Mail in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (Vermont residents may omit return postage) to the Free Code Address. Requests must be received by the Free Code Request Deadline. Each mail-in request must be mailed separately. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Free Codes will be mailed to you in the self-addressed envelope you enclosed. 

FREE GAME CODE REQUEST LIMIT: 1 Code per week

Free Code Address
Dr Pepper EA "Every Bottle/Cup Wins" c/o YOU Technology Brand Services, Inc.
701 Gateway #101
South San Francisco, CA 94080

#18 Posted by giancarlo123x (69 posts) -

If i actually liked soda enough to buy it I would but I will probably never buy it in a bottle. I guess ill have to wait for the official release.

#19 Posted by big_jon (5707 posts) -
@Boom_goes_the_dynamite:
I want please
#20 Posted by Nasar7 (2587 posts) -

Dr. Pepper is one of the few sodas I drink. This works out well.

#21 Posted by Khann (2761 posts) -
@Evilmetal said:
"  http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/rules/ 

FREE CODES: Mail in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (Vermont residents may omit return postage) to the Free Code Address. Requests must be received by the Free Code Request Deadline. Each mail-in request must be mailed separately. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Free Codes will be mailed to you in the self-addressed envelope you enclosed. 

FREE GAME CODE REQUEST LIMIT: 1 Code per week

Free Code AddressDr Pepper EA "Every Bottle/Cup Wins" c/o YOU Technology Brand Services, Inc. 701 Gateway #101South San Francisco, CA 94080 "
Welcome to the 90s.
#22 Posted by Zoolander (34 posts) -

I bought a cherry dr pepper yesterday, and the code allowed me to redeem rewards for several other games, but not bad company 2.

#23 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

I... I thought the pack being named the "Dr. Pepper Pack" was a Bad Company joke or something.

The pack is seriously...? Like, sponsored?

This could get really ugly really fast.

#24 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

So many people get pissy but but I don't wanna pay for DLC.
as it comes down to it it works the same way on both services.

the developer pays or the user pays.
the developer wants to offer it for free? they pay for all the hosting, all the testing...ect Don't? its charged for to cover the hosting, the testing all that, Looks like Dice found a way get Advertising paid for DLC.

#25 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Re-skinned weapons and a few awards? Great...the UMP sucks and the M95 is already camouflaged anyway.

#26 Posted by Lambert (404 posts) -
@AndrewB said:

#27 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

I don't drink soda. :(

#28 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

So... can I not just buy this, when it releases?

Because I really don't want to go buying Dr. Pepper, hoping to win some BC2 DLC.

Anyone have a link to specifications?

#29 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -
@AndrewB: better then product placement.
#30 Edited by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

I believe you can buy the DLC worldwide, and that the Dr. Pepper stuff is just a giveaway of that DLC. 

I mean the main thing I want it for is the new Russian Medic skin. That bright red beret becomes dark green, which makes it totally worth it. You no longer stick out like a sore thumb in hardcore.

@Lambert said:

" @AndrewB said:

"

Nice photoshop. I'm betting a BF2 fundamentalist made that. Those jerks are responsible for the Bad Company series in the first place by boycotting 2142 en masse. That's why we don't have a BF3 yet.
#31 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Mmmslash:  There's no hoping to win.  Every cap has a code that you enter on the DP website and then you choose your DLC.  This is the same promotion as the the ME2 DLC.
#32 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@Lambert: I remember having a big firefight in 2142 and while reloading seeing a massive billboard ad for Ghost Rider on DVD and Blu ray it was funny as hell. 

Its good that the DLC is free tho right?
#33 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@Damien:  Oh, so I just go and buy a Dr. Pepper, and it has a code? Do I need only one code, or will I need multiple, for the 4 different skins? Is there a way to get them as a pack?

I don't much MIND buying 4 Dr. Pepper's, since that still isn't much of a price to pay.
#34 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Mmmslash:  Probably will need 4 codes.  They're usually 20 oz. bottles, so you would have to buy 4, since those generally don't come in packs.  Just make sure the DP bottle has the promotion.  You should be able to tell unless you're braindead.  The specially marked bottles have yellow caps, instead of the normal reddish, and it has pictures of Shepard,  a tank, and that Sims diamond thing.
#35 Edited by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:

" @Lambert: I remember having a big firefight in 2142 and while reloading seeing a massive billboard ad for Ghost Rider on DVD and Blu ray it was funny as hell.  Its good that the DLC is free tho right? "

There were very very very few ads in 2142, but it sucked when they were not appropriate for the setting.

The maps are free, yes. However the rest of the DLC is going to be paid unless otherwise stated. Things like skins (what this Dr. Pepper DLC is) and game modes (unannounced but mentioned as possible) will cost money... unless you win them in Dr. Pepper. Also I believe buying skins on one platform carries them to any other platform you play with the same EA account due to the way they have the system set up. I say this because of how my LE unblocks carried from my 360 copy to my PC copy without me putting in the PC unlock code (nop VIP code); as well as my Gamestop pre-order weapon code I entered on PC showing up on my 360 game.

You shouldn't enter your code into the drpepper.com website until after the skins become available since it'll make you spend your code on different game if you enter it before hand.
#36 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Wait... is this open to UK residents? And how do we get this content?

#37 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Guyzea said:
" Also as a special promotion, medics instead of throwing down med kits, they throw down Dr. Pepper cans. "
That's pretty great
#38 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@Damien: Thanks a ton, duder. You've been a big help.
#39 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

If it's anything like the Mass Effect 2 codes, they are reusable by everyone and you needed to just make a different dr pepper account with bogus e-mail to choose a new item for your EA account.

#40 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Dood, the fucking sign-up on Dr. Pepper is so goddamn ridiculous to deal with that I just gave up on it!  It didn't want to recognize my EA Account at all, even though I HAD JUST MADE IT.  There's just too much hassle for it. 

AND NOW...NOOOOOOOOW...I'm finding out that this sponsored DLC WILL MAKE ME INCAPABLE OF GETTING MY POTENTIAL S-RANK?!  I'm SOOOOOOOO fucking close, man!!!

#41 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Mah boys at work, son.

#42 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

sponsored DLC is always free
ex: army of two campaign add-on
      1 v 100

#43 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Just when I wanted to stop drinking pop...

#44 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

Is this coming to PS3 also or just a 360 thing?

#45 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" Is this coming to PS3 also or just a 360 thing? "
Not sure about the achievements, but the skins are coming to all three platforms.
#46 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@MrKlorox: Did you play the first Bad Company?  They have billboards that are not able to be destroyed that show advertisements, and they typically tried to keep them topical to the themes of the game - i.e. war movies like Tropic Thunder, action movies, gun shows like FutureWeapons, etc.  That's how all the DLC for that game ended up being free. 

Hell, if EA and DICE are capable of continuing this trend of low priced and/or free DLC, then good for them!  I don't give a shit if it's called Dr. Pepper Pack, and I don't even care if they put a 70-foot billboard in the game advertising Princess Diaries 3.  As long as the gameplay is still good, I can have fun, and the DLC doesn't cost me $15, then fine by me!
#47 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" I am starting to hate Dr. Pepper and Gamestop.  But mostly Gamestop. "
that's funny, because yesterday i went to pick up my preordered copy of god of war 3, and then i went to the store and got a case of dr. pepper. 

and i didn't hate it at all.
#48 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -
@Nasar7 said:
" Dr. Pepper is one of the few sodas I drink. This works out well. "
#49 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Mr. Pibb is better than Dr. Pepper.  I'm just sayin'.

#50 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -
@jakob187:  Of course I played the first BC. There weren't many billboards at all, is all I'm saying. But "all the DLC for that game" (which was just Conquest mode) was promised on the box as coming, which kinda makes it part of the package and not so much an add-on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.