Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Dr. Pepper gives out new achievements

• 102 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187
    @MrKlorox: Conquest was never promised at any point during the production of the game, nor on the box.  You are also forgetting the community map pack that was free.  Regardless, they never made you pay for DLC on that game.  
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jakob187

ALSO...where do you redeem the codes...because...there's NOTHING on the Dr. Pepper website for Bad Company 2... 

They have Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3, Spore, and Battlefield Heroes...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MrKlorox
    @jakob187:  You're right, it wasn't on the box, but it was promised before release as well as mentioned in the ticker for months since day-one. And yes I did forget the map pack that was taken from the singleplayer levels. They also said they'd never charge for maps in this game, but other DLC might cost money.

The BC2 stuff isn't available yet, so you can't redeem your code for it yet. Gotta wait until the skins are available regularly.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Is this DLC free? I think I am all most finished with FF13 so I want something to do. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MrKlorox
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" Is this DLC free? I think I am all most finished with FF13 so I want something to do.  "

The individual kit skins and 4-skin pack will likely cost money unless you win them with a Dr. Pepper code. And I wouldn't imagine each to cost more than $3.00 USD or the 4-pack to cost more than $10.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:

" Is this DLC free? I think I am all most finished with FF13 so I want something to do.  "

The individual kit skins and 4-skin pack will likely cost money unless you win them with a Dr. Pepper code. And I wouldn't imagine each to cost more than $3.00 USD or the 4-pack to cost more than $10. "
    Eh. Also. What should I do with my VIP code? I put it in when I got the code and have not played since the store got fixed for PS3
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jakob187
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @MrKlorox said:

The individual kit skins and 4-skin pack will likely cost money unless you win them with a Dr. Pepper code. And I wouldn't imagine each to cost more than $3.00 USD or the 4-pack to cost more than $10. "
    Eh. Also. What should I do with my VIP code? I put it in when I got the code and have not played since the store got fixed for PS3 "
    The VIP code is used to access two additional maps - Laguna Alta and Nelson Bay.  Right now, Laguna Alta is locked to Conquest mode, while Nelson Bay is locked to Rush Mode, but a map pack will be released in April for VIP holders...at no additional charge...which will unlock Laguna Alta for Rush and Nelson Bay for Conquest.  

The VIP code also gives you the Tracer Dart Gun, M1911 pistol, one of the vehicle upgrades, the Thompson, and two other things before they are unlocked through ranking up.

Other than that, they've said there are future plans for VIP holders as a thank you for buying the game new. 

@MrKlorox said:

" @jakob187:  The BC2 stuff isn't available yet, so you can't redeem your code for it yet. Gotta wait until the skins are available regularly. "

Grrr...that's a bit annoying. 

@MrKlorox said:

As far as I know, you can use the codes for whatever unlocks in whatever game you want.  Specific codes don't win specific things.  Whenever I entered my code, it took me to a screen where I could pick a game, and then it'll do whatever it does after that.  It may just randomly decide to give you something, but I would guess that they'll allow you to pick whatever you want with the code.  At least, that's the way that Pepsi did it with their Rock Band promotion...
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @jakob187 said:

Where can I get the Dr.Pepper code? 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox
    @jakob187 said:

"@MrKlorox said:

As far as I know, you can use the codes for whatever unlocks in whatever game you want.  Specific codes don't win specific things.  Whenever I entered my code, it took me to a screen where I could pick a game, and then it'll do whatever it does after that.  It may just randomly decide to give you something, but I would guess that they'll allow you to pick whatever you want with the code. "
    I believe you can choose the game, but not which prize for the game. Check this link and click a game to see the prizes. BF Heroes has a bunch of wallpapers and some in-game gear. Why would anybody choose a wallpaper over the gear?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jakob187
    @MrKlorox: Because they already got all the gear?  LOL  I don't know.  I've checked out all the stuff, though.  I know my buddy put in codes for Mass Effect 2 and got all the stuff through the Cerberus Network, whatever all that means.  I haven't played that game...and don't really have any intentions of doing so either...so I have no clue. 

I should also point out that they have said prizes will also be available through this promotion for Medal of Honor and Skate 3.  I then checked the expiration date for the contest...and this is running all year. 

I love being from and living in the hometown of Dr. Pepper.  = D
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MrKlorox
    @jakob187: Yeah, and possibly more games that happen to come out. The all-year aspect makes it a hard promotion to ignore. Personally, I hate Dr. Pepper... but with giveaways for games I know I'm gonna be playing, I'm gonna end up buying as much as I need to. The putrid taste of Dr. Pepper is still much more palatable than overpriced DLC, even if I end up paying close to the same. Great marketing.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jakob187
    @MrKlorox: I can only pray for some Dead Space 2 stuff...if Dead Space 2 actually comes out this year. 

Luckily, I can walk a couple blocks from work down to here... 

...the Dr. Pepper Museum...and first ever Dr. Pepper plant...
     ...the Dr. Pepper Museum...and first ever Dr. Pepper plant...
    ...and buy Dr. Pepper for dirt cheap!!!  = D
    StickNutzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By StickNutzman
    @EvilTwin said:
    " Mr. Pibb is inferior to Dr. Pepper.  I'm just sayin'. "
    Fixed that for you. I mean come on... he's a doctor.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jakob187
    @StickNutzman said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    Fixed that for you. I mean come on... he's a doctor. "
    They are both made by Dr. Pepper, so what's it honestly matter?
    StickNutzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By StickNutzman
    @jakob187 said:
    " @StickNutzman said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    Fixed that for you. I mean come on... he's a doctor. "
    They are both made by Dr. Pepper, so what's it honestly matter? "
    Ummmm... no. Mr. Pibb (now called Pibb Xtra) is made by Coca-Cola, and was created to compete against the sweet nectar that is Dr. Pepper. 
    Check yoself: Pibb Xtra Wikipedia
    doctorkaneder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By doctorkaneder
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By MjHealy

800 MS points for all that gear seems well over-priced (if it is that much), since some people can get the stuff for free.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By carlthenimrod

I could go for a Dr. Pepper right now...

Fuuuck. It's working.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

Can anybody select BC2 in the prize redemption list? I entered both of my codes before BC2 ever showed up weeks ago and think I might only be able to claim prizes for games that were available at that time.

edit: or is Today's DLC just the maps and not the skins?
    edit2: according to the IGN interview, the maps are suppose to be available on the 30th alongside the MW2 ones... so that can't be it.

@MjHealy:
    Well for achievements and four skins, 800MSP sounds right. If it was just skins, then that'd be too much.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jakob187
    @MjHealy: Then...get the stuff through the Dr. Pepper promotion instead?
    doctorkaneder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By doctorkaneder

Alright, I saw the bottles today so I picked up a couple but was only able to claim a prize for Battlefield Heroes, Mass Effect 2, Sims 3, or Spore. Speaking of which, those are the only games listed here: http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/prizes/.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the delay ; though, I thought we'd at least have the option to select any game in the promotion, regardless of its in-game availability. 

Keep in mind that even though these codes have been entered, thus used, the Code History will allow you to claim your prizes at a later time. How late? Who knows! When will Bad Company 2 be added to their prize list? Man, I don't know!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm a British Dr Pepper/Snapple shareholder, if I can't get this DLC I'll be PISSED

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Evilmetal

there are 4 things for BC2? or there are 8?   There are four gun skins and four model skins? or four model/skin combined packs ?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Evilmetal: Gun reskin will be with the kit skin since the guns are part of the kits. So four kit skins to download.
    mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By mr_faraday

Sooooo does anyone know when we will be able to use our codes to get these kit skins?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Mr_Faraday:  I don't know. There was supposed to be some kind of DLC coming to the ingame store yesterday, but was delayed. The PC version doesn't seem to have an ingame store selectable from the menus like the console versions, so I can't check to see if anything has shown up in the list yet. Maybe you could check the store if you have a console version.

I wonder if the PC version will get a store or not. They said since all PC users will get maps automatically patched into the game (all copies have a cdkey which works as a VIP code) I wonder how we'll be able to buy the skins without going through Dr. Pepper. Surely the PC version would get them to... even if we don't have achievements to add to.
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sho76und3wd

Hopefully we will be able to use these codes soon.  Do the codes give you anything cool/worthwhile for mass effect 2?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By Milkman

If you're going to release sponsored DLC, make it free.

Avatar image for cerealtastegood
    CerealTasteGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CerealTasteGood

This DLC is soo late...  but i dont even know why im so impatient.. the medic is the only thing that makes a difference because the new skin takes that red target off his head.. but i wonder how those skins are going to apply themeselves.. i dont know if i want to wear dark green on port valdez and not be able to blend as well.. 
    and i also hope the new trophies arent lame.. they should be something like 500 defibrilator kills or 1000 AT mine kills.. idk.. something challenging..

xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By xXwindoverXx

I love Dr.Pepper! But even here in America, we get these things first,  but we still always hate how they do everything! Especially Gamestop!

BMF808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BMF808

Still not here /sigh

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Branthog

I don't know what the hell doctor pepper everyone is drinking, but I have had several bottles since the 18th and none have jack shit on the lid.

Avatar image for cerealtastegood
    CerealTasteGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CerealTasteGood
    @Branthog said:
    " I don't know what the hell doctor pepper everyone is drinking, but I have had several bottles since the 18th and none have jack shit on the lid. "
    Make sure that the bottle label looks like this:
    No Caption Provided

It doesn't matter if it's cherry flavor.. It says EVEY BOTTLE WINS! and has a tank on the side for BC2.. The cap is usually yellow too.. instead of the dr. pepper maroon color.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Damien

WTF where is this?  I can't quit you BC2 or Dr. Pepper.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CABBAGES

so how do we get this in the UK ? 
    I thought dr pepper was only cherry ? or it tastes like cherry anyway ? what other flavours are there ?
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Karl_Boss

My dr. pepper bottle codes aren't working...when I enter them they say that the promotion has ended....don't know if its an april fools joke or what.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MrKlorox

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

" My dr. pepper bottle codes aren't working...when I enter them they say that the promotion has ended....don't know if its an april fools joke or what. "

Yeah... WTF is "The Dr. Pepper Gamer Flavor"? Is it made from real gamers?

We're sorry, Dr Pepper Game Flavor has ended. Please visit DrPepper.com and register to receive news and updates on more great promotions from Dr Pepper.

I thought it ran all year. This must be some kind of mixup. OR APRIL FOOL!

Void where prohibited. Ends 12/31/10. Request Free Codes by 12/31/10. Redeem by 1/31/2011. 

superpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By superpope

plus the Dr Pepper site has gone all Iron Man 2 on us
    TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I agree that this whole thing is extremely confusing and we really could have done without it. I honestly don't understand what's been happening with this Dr Pepper thing and at this point just want to buy the new content and get some new achievements.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Is this the thing I see on the store? If the promotion is over why are the items still up?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @AndrewB said:
    " Fucking sponsored DLC? Man, I hate this industry. "
    Because Dr. Pepper sponsoring the game to give us FREE DLC is such a terrible thing~
    superpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By superpope

Its working again.  
    Plus the Dr Pepper twitter (yeah, I know) said that they're still working with EA to get the  BC2 DLC up and they'll tweet with more news when they can.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#93  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Dr. Pepper tastes like arse.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By Darksaw
    @creamypies said:
    " Dr. Pepper tastes like arse. "
    Why do you know what arse tastes like?

Jokes aside, I hope they bring this out soon, I'm itching for new content.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MrKlorox
    @superpope:
    Thanks for the update. I never would have thought of the drpepper twitter.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Damien

This comes our tomorrow!

Link

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah I saw that yesterday. What's odd is that the Russian Medic seems to still have a red hat in the picture. I hope they just put up the wrong pic instead of changing it back from green.

Also PC and PS3 users will have to wait for theirs. I wonder if the Dr Pepper code will unlock them on my EA account for all platforms (like the pre-order code did for the AKS-74U) or if they're tied to each system. 

important information: 

In North America the kit upgrades are only available on Xbox 360 using the Dr Pepper codes printed on special promotional cans.

In Europe and the UK you can get hold of the kit upgrades for:

Xbox Live Marketplace
    160 MS points per kit upgrade
    440 MS points for bundle pack (all kits)

Hmm....
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98  Edited By xMP44x

I'm not so sure it's a very fair system for dealing these upgrades out. If you live outside the UK you're forced to buy the rewards that US players get for free? I know the US is a bigger market, but Europe and the like won't exactly expand if they get screwed out of free DLC.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MrKlorox
    @xMP44x said:

" I'm not so sure it's a very fair system for dealing these upgrades out. If you live outside the UK you're forced to buy the rewards that US players get for free? I know the US is a bigger market, but Europe and the like won't exactly expand if they get screwed out of free DLC. "

Dr. Pepper isn't free. A 20 oz bottle costs around $2.00 (depending on where you get it) which is equivalent to 160 MSP. Smaller than that and there is no lid/code.

edit: I wonder if Americans could buy the pack directly by using the UK marketplace online. That's how I get XBLA games a few hours before they're put up on the US 360 marketplace.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#100  Edited By xMP44x
    @MrKlorox said:
    Dr. Pepper isn't free. A 20 oz bottle costs around $2.00 (depending on where you get it) which is equivalent to 160 MSP. Smaller than that and there is no lid/code.  edit: I wonder if Americans could buy the pack directly by using the UK marketplace online. That's how I get XBLA games a few hours before they're put up on the US 360 marketplace. "
    True... but, you're getting something awesome as well as a free DLC. You're basically rewarded for something being awesome. And over here, we can't get 160MSP codes, so you may as well buy the bundle pack. And not only that: I don't have any way to pay for MSP on my 360, so I will be forced into paying £20 for 2100 Microsoft Points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.