Dudes Did A Serious Machinima Movie - When BF:BC 2 Sets The Stage

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

...Hollywood military action scenes begin to look really dated

Just recently I said to an acquaintance of mine, who just watched Predators for the re-imagined famous Gatling Gun Deforestation scene...

You never saw a movie action hero pull off as crazy shit as I do in Battlefield : Bad Company 2 in all your life. While this ain't a real gameplay montage with over the top awesomeness going on, it shows how close the mechanics and looks of BF:BC 2 bring Battlefield war scenes to what we know from silverscreen gems like Black Hawk Down.

It's effin amazing. Can't wait to see how DICE will iterate on Battlefield. Battlefield 3 might very well be the next big thing for the franchise after the BF:BC 2 Vietnam addon. I can't wait to see what scope they're going for with it. In the meantime, enjoy this machinima.
#2 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

battlefield has a rich history of amazing machinima.

#3 Posted by James89 (75 posts) -

That was great and it had great editing.

#4 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

So now you`re saying that this makes military movies look dated?  

Get your head out of your ass, Battlefield could shit and it would be gold to you.
#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@big_jon: 

Not just talking of the machinima. The machinima just hints at how intense the moment to moment gameplay can be and they're holding back to keep it realistic looking. I'm talking how action games are better at what action movies are doing. Especially Battlefield.

I'm talking about the moment to moment gameplay in the actual game. I haven't seen an action movie that had as intense and crazy action as I myself did experience. No movie hero ever can beat my biggest hero moments in my Battlefield : Bad Company 1 & 2. I pulled off shit that was like 'Rambo X Terminator X American Ninja'. Just sayin'. 

Also - you seem super bitter with BF. Weren't you a big fan of the franchise before BF:BC 2? What's buggin' you?
#6 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Oh hey, my clan made that. Neato. We have another video coming up, more of a trailer though.

#7 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

meh...not as interesting as real gameplay.

#8 Posted by Mikemcn (6954 posts) -

The title music.... IT brings me back

I miss Bf2.

#9 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

The music....I am Battlefield sick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.