Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Has Battlefield finally beat out MW2?

• 64 results
    blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By blackjosh

Now I can only speak for the PS3 versions cause unfortunately I don't have an XBOX still, but after just playing the demo for BFBC2 I already am loving the game's multiplayer. 
    The first thing is the Maps (or the "Map" in BFBC2's case).
    When playing MW2, I love sprinting across maps stabbing fools in mid-sprint and getting head shot's with dual pistols. But MW2 doesn't have a single map that I enjoy playing on, and frankly all the maps are really kind of boring. I just don't get the same thrill out of it as I do when I shoot an RPG at an emplacement  on the third floor of some house and taking out the whole wall, revealing a sniper's nest only to take him out with my silenced SCAR rifle. 

I could say more but I'd like to hear whatever one else thinks about the demo so far.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

i love the demo more then i ever loved mw2. i dunno why but its just so much more fun. and i havent encountered any dick head hackers either

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I don't know what you mean by 'finally'. Liking/disliking games is just a subjective thing, and to me I was done with MW2 a week after it came out, so BC2 beat it out before I had even played it.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Three0neFive

I don't understand why people keep comparing Battlefield to Call of Duty. Completely different kinds of games.

One is a great, longstanding series based around teamwork and fullscale tactics that continues to amaze, and the other is a shallow arcade shooter.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ryax

i think they mainly get compared now adays because they are two pretty well known modern shooters. therefore: THEY MUST BE TEH SAME RIGHT?!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

I see the appeal and driving tanks is AWESOME, but I want to play MAG more than this, I will pick it up at a later date maybe. I dunno, to many top notch games that are coming out before March.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FartyMcNarly

NEW GAME THAT ISN'T OUT YET IS BETTER THAN OLD GAME!1!111!1!11

One is more of an arcade style shooter and the other is more based in realism. OH MAN FORZA 4 IS WAY BETTER THAN OUTRUN!!!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422
    @FartyMcNarly said:
    " NEW GAME THAT ISN'T OUT YET IS BETTER THAN OLD GAME!1!111!1!11  One is more of an arcade style shooter and the other is more based in realism. OH MAN FORZA 4 IS WAY BETTER THAN OUTRUN!!! "
    There's nothing realistic about a battlefield game, but yes as you say they aren't very comparable. However, this same garbage that people keep throwing about"THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET HOW CAN IT BE BETTER" is really dumb. Its common sense why its dumb, so I won't bother pointing it out.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By PerryVandell

People really need to stop making dumb ass topics like these. The game isn't fucking out yet, it's a demo. Wait and see about the real game just like everybody else.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By veektarius

First off, I disagree about people saying they are "totally different games."  When you start splitting modern warfare semi-realistic team-based FPSes into multiple categories, you really are going too far.  Sure, some people will like one game and some will like the other, but that doesn't mean they're apples and oranges.  They're oranges and tangerines at most.   

Second, I think the OP's question itself is misguided, not least because it probably should have been MW in general, not MW2, to which BC2 is Battlefield's first competitor (unless you count Battlefield Heroes, and you shouldn't.)  Call of Duty was primarily a single player console experience until CoD 4, and Battlefield was primarily a multiplayer PC experience until BC1.  At the convergence of CoD4 and BC1, the two series collided on the consoles and CoD won.  So here's round two.  There's no "finally" involved, and it's too early to say.
    blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blackjosh

It's not that I'm comparing just based on the gameplay. It's obvious that the first Bad Company game was made to get in the "modern shooter" type market, however the overall feel of the game is very different. And right now the DEMO of BC2 just feels better and more exciting then the "bigger, badder, better," MW2. Yes they are completely different game's but are you having "fun" playing BC2 as compared to MW2.

Basically do you like class-based-large-scale-battles, or the smaller-scale-just-shoot-the-other-guy type thing.

blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackjosh
    @Fullmetal216:  I'm saving all my real opinions for the actual release of course. And I'm not trying to start a freaking nerd war here, but the DEMO is fun and I just want to hear other peoples opinion. It's not my fault that people see theses posts and bitch that they aren't the same game when that isn't the point. Just wanna know who is digging the new  to-be-released game.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox

Battlefield has always beat out COD to me... just not in sales. This time I expect the sales gap to be much smaller though, with MW2 remaining in the lead as the mainstream game of choice. But I also expect this to be the most successful Battlefield game yet. 

Maybe it's all hope. I don't want Battlefield to become more mainstream than COD.

And WTF @ BC being made to get into the "'modern shooter' type market". BF was "modern" waaaay waaaay before COD ever thought about it. This is the type of stuff I have a problem with.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By meteora

Modern Warfare 2 is a arcade shooter.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a team based objective shooter, or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Its subjective. There is no "beating" each other. Battlefield and Call of Duty are both long standing solid series that attract different fanbases.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By natetodamax

I get more enjoyment from looking at the Bad Company 2 box art than I do playing Modern Warfare 2.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Andorski

Playing both on the PS3... I'm liking the BFBC2 demo more than MW2 solely because MW2 is filled with douche bags.  BFBC2 might have their fair share of punks as well... but they seem to not use their mics if that is the case.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By bed

they are different games for me. i enjoy both shooters even though i can only judge BC from the beta i was in. 

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By baconbits33
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " People really need to stop making dumb ass topics like these. The game isn't fucking out yet, it's a demo. Wait and see about the real game just like everybody else. "
    This, I agree with fully. However I must say that I am a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise, plus theres also the fact that MW2 and BF:BC2 are completely different games, and each have their own ups and downs to them. 

Besides I could give two shits less about the Multiplayer.... I care more about Haggard getting his Truckasauras Rex!  

No Caption Provided
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox
    @baconbits33 said:
    Besides I could give two shits less about the Multiplayer.
    So you're the one.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AURON570

BATTLEFIELD IS BACK BABY

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By baconbits33
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @baconbits33 said:
    Besides I could give two shits less about the Multiplayer.
    So you're the one. "
    huh?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrKlorox
    @baconbits33: Nothing really. It's just that playing a Battlefield game only for the singleplayer is like playing a Total War game and not doing any RTS battles. 

Some folks just prefer to play that way. But you might as well just play another game, is the way I see it.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayross

Battlefield beat CoD when the first game came out, 1942. 

And it has been beating it ever since.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By shadows_kill

im going with they are different types of shooters. but MAG beats both of them and will be my online shooter for a while.
    MAG>>>>>>MW2=bfbc2

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @shadows_kill: What do you consider to be better about MAG?
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skytylz
    @sodiumCyclops: its a ps3 exclusive obviously
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shadows_kill
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @shadows_kill: What do you consider to be better about MAG? "
    love the community. example i dont think i have played any other shooter with medics that actualy heal you. i am loving the gameplay its just... fun. NO lag at all (but i have been disconnected once or twice). the setup for unlocking equipment. lastly choosing 1 group and you will always play as that group in bad company and cod you really only care which side you spawn on while in mag you stick with it. 

overall its the gameplay though its just fun.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shadows_kill
    @Skytylz said:
    " @sodiumCyclops: its a ps3 exclusive obviously "
    yes cause that makes a game so much better......
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @shadows_kill said:
    " @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @shadows_kill: What do you consider to be better about MAG? "
    love the community. example i dont think i have played any other shooter with medics that actualy heal you. i am loving the gameplay its just... fun. NO lag at all (but i have been disconnected once or twice). the setup for unlocking equipment. lastly choosing 1 group and you will always play as that group in bad company and cod you really only care which side you spawn on while in mag you stick with it.   overall its the gameplay though its just fun. "
    You see, those points don't make anything about MAG seem more appealing to me at all. Probably the same for a large number of players. Still, good to see people actually playing MAG.
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ubiquitous

The beta beats the full version of MW2 for me. I've already said a lot on the subject so I won't say much more than that here.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nail1080

CoD is like Crack - it feels good but too much can get you down....however you still need to get some in you!

BF is like weed, you gotta have some everyday for some nice enjoyable varied gameplay!

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By PerryVandell
    @blackjosh said:
    " @Fullmetal216:  I'm saving all my real opinions for the actual release of course. And I'm not trying to start a freaking nerd war here, but the DEMO is fun and I just want to hear other peoples opinion. It's not my fault that people see theses posts and bitch that they aren't the same game when that isn't the point. Just wanna know who is digging the new  to-be-released game. "
    The title of your topic says otherwise.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayross

I can appreciate what the CoD games (except MW2) have done in terms of atmospheric and cinematic singleplayer. CoD4 and Cod5's story was pretty good.

However, the multiplayer is just too unblananced, and too full of glitches, and has no depth.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Druminator

I've always found it better.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't think so.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By baconbits33
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @baconbits33: Nothing really. It's just that playing a Battlefield game only for the singleplayer is like playing a Total War game and not doing any RTS battles.   Some folks just prefer to play that way. But you might as well just play another game, is the way I see it. "
    That doesn't make any sense...... You do realize that right? 
    I play the multiplayer, but I end up getting all the achievements in like a couple days and I get bored with it, while I'll play the campaign over and over just so I can see what different ways I can approach the missions, it's one of the few shooters that actually has a really well done single player. 
    And i do play Total War.... your analogy makes no sense at all.... The RTS battles are in the single player, what you should have said is: It's like playing a Total War game and not going doing the multiplayer, that at least would of made sense.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrKlorox
    @baconbits33 said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " @baconbits33: Nothing really. It's just that playing a Battlefield game only for the singleplayer is like playing a Total War game and not doing any RTS battles.   Some folks just prefer to play that way. But you might as well just play another game, is the way I see it. "
    That doesn't make any sense...... You do realize that right? I play the multiplayer, but I end up getting all the achievements in like a couple days and I get bored with it, while I'll play the campaign over and over just so I can see what different ways I can approach the missions, it's one of the few shooters that actually has a really well done single player. And i do play Total War.... your analogy makes no sense at all.... The RTS battles are in the single player, what you should have said is: It's like playing a Total War game and not going doing the multiplayer, that at least would of made sense. "
    No, it makes perfect sense because the multiplayer is what makes it a Battlefield game. In fact there have only been two previous Battlefields (out of eight, not even counting expansions) that even had a singleplayer campaign. The Total War analogy makes sense because the RTS battles are what makes it a Total War game. Otherwise when you click auto-resolve on your battles, you might as well just be playing Civilization or Colonization.
    Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Black_Raven

Battlefield bet out MW a long time ago, before both MW games had been made in fact. It's called BF2.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By RobotHamster

The only thing I like about MW2 is running around with my knife stabbing dudes in the face, and no i don't use care package, just marathon and lightweight.  I love sniping and I feel that battlefield does it best, plus their maps are bigger and better, and they have vehicles so yea I think battlefield has beaten MW2.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By baconbits33
    @MrKlorox said:

" @baconbits33 said:

" @MrKlorox said:

That doesn't make any sense...... You do realize that right? I play the multiplayer, but I end up getting all the achievements in like a couple days and I get bored with it, while I'll play the campaign over and over just so I can see what different ways I can approach the missions, it's one of the few shooters that actually has a really well done single player. And i do play Total War.... your analogy makes no sense at all.... The RTS battles are in the single player, what you should have said is: It's like playing a Total War game and not going doing the multiplayer, that at least would of made sense. "
    No, it makes perfect sense because the multiplayer is what makes it a Battlefield game. In fact there have only been two previous Battlefields (out of eight, not even counting expansions) that even had a singleplayer campaign. The Total War analogy makes sense because the RTS battles are what makes it a Total War game. Otherwise when you click auto-resolve on your battles, you might as well just be playing Civilization or Colonization. "
    Oh ok now I see what your getting at.... but meh, don't get me wrong I love the multiplayer but like I said: Have the achievements in a couple of days and get bored, now if my friends actually played something other then Fallout and COD and joined me in a match every now and then I would really enjoy playing the multiplayer. But if you've ever just jumped into the multiplayer, after like 3 matches you get bored cause most of the other players don't have a microphone so all your doing is playing all by yourself and it gets boring very fast. At least when your playing single player you get the remarks from B-Company and have the luxury of messaging your friends on Live. But hey that's just me, you probably have completely different experiences with the online. 
    I've actually never used the auto-resolve function with Total War and I've logged in a lot of hours on that series..... Does it just like bring up a battle summary?
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By yakov456

It has a much better "feel" to me than MW. They are different styles of game in terms of how you play, but I really like the feel of the shooting in the BC demo. There are WAY too many snipers though.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Systech

I think that Modern Warfare is now the World of Warcraft of multiplayer shooters. Tons of people will play Bad Company 2, but they will go back to MW2 because none of their friends bought BC2.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jayross
    @systech: I know maybe 3 people who still play MW2, but right now my friends list is filled with BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pause422
    @Jayross said:
    " @systech: I know maybe 3 people who still play MW2, but right now my friends list is filled with BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo, BC2 Demo. "
    Same here, everyone I actually play online games with in general doesn't really play MW2 anymore, and the ones that do, aren't going to when BC2 comes out.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By Bouke

I'm not going to comment on the whole: "they are totally different games..." argument and just going to say that i didn't buy Modern Wafare 2 (but played it at a friend) and i pre-ordered Battlefield Bad Company 2
    blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blackjosh
    @Fullmetal216:
    The Title of the topic is asking a question.  
    It's not a statement.  
    My post state's that -->"I'm"<-- enjoying BC2 more than MW2. 
    Learn to read, and that shit might make sense.
    blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blackjosh
    @MrKlorox:
    I donno it just seems like BF and CoD are always releasing games  within like 6 months (give or take) of each other. And first impressions of BC made me think that EA needed a Modern Shooter to compete, at least that is just how it felt to me. Doesn't really matter either way, cause I'm totally loving BC2 right now and am glad that DICE is putting it out. 

What's really sparking my interest now though is, what DICE is gonna do with Medal of Honor. Lol, off topic but whatever.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pause422
    @blackjosh said:
    " @MrKlorox: I donno it just seems like BF and CoD are always releasing games  within like 6 months (give or take) of each other. And first impressions of BC made me think that EA needed a Modern Shooter to compete, at least that is just how it felt to me. Doesn't really matter either way, cause I'm totally loving BC2 right now and am glad that DICE is putting it out.  What's really sparking my interest now though is, what DICE is gonna do with Medal of Honor. Lol, off topic but whatever. "
    Even of the new MoH actually turns out well, I think its pretty safe to say it really won't be much in the long run as far as multiplayer goes. I think your assessment of them making BC though to compete for a modern shooter is a bit off. They wanted to make a streamlined, bit more simplified console BF in the vein of BF2(which came far before Cod4 or MW2 and was a modern shooter), and that they did. I liked BC1 but I felt it had a lot of problems. BC2 surpasses it in every way, and since they took out some of the simplified class structure from the first and added more things, it feels like the real successor to BF2 in my opinion. 

Dice already did the modern shooter thing a while before IW did, so thats all I'm saying. Even the first BC was still nothing like a Call of Duty game.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

MW2 is a joke compared to Battlefield, I try not offend Battlefield by comparing it to MW2

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50  Edited By Cirdain
    @FartyMcNarly said:
    " NEW GAME THAT ISN'T OUT YET IS BETTER THAN OLD GAME!1!111!1!11  One is more of an arcade style shooter and the other is more based in realism. OH MAN FORZA 4 IS WAY BETTER THAN OUTRUN!!! "
    Rallisports challenge 2 is the best racing game ever made (according to me and I have played others) and that was released in 2004.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.