Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Have they fixed the Hueys on consoles

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By infininja

or are they still flying coffins?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Wuddel

Was there a patch?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon
    Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Zapbrader

Their still pretty easy to shoot down. Coffin sounds about right.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By infininja
    @Wuddel said:
    " Was there a patch? "
    They said the fix would happen server side, but I don't follow Twitter enough (what a terrible way to divulge information like this, BTW) to know if it ever happened.
    Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sogeman

What's there to fix? The Hueys were flying coffins. If you know what you do, you can stay up longer than 10 seconds. If you fly right at a tank, or just circle strafe in a predictable pattern, of course you're gonna die.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Sogeman said:
    " What's there to fix? The Hueys were flying coffins. If you know what you do, you can stay up longer than 10 seconds. If you fly right at a tank, or just circle strafe in a predictable pattern, of course you're gonna die. "
    Apparently you didn't see the videos that showed the massive difference in damage the choppers take between the PC and consoles. That, and the fact that the devs themselves said that it was a glitch and would be addressed.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infininja
    @Nadafinga said:
    " @Sogeman said:
    " What's there to fix? The Hueys were flying coffins. If you know what you do, you can stay up longer than 10 seconds. If you fly right at a tank, or just circle strafe in a predictable pattern, of course you're gonna die. "
    Apparently you didn't see the videos that showed the massive difference in damage the choppers take between the PC and consoles. That, and the fact that the devs themselves said that it was a glitch and would be addressed. "
    This. 

The Hueys are supposed to take 0.5x damage from small arms fire, as they do on PC. At launch they took 3x damage from small arms fire on consoles. I want to know if this has been addressed like DICE said they were going to do.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Infininja:  

I found this post on the UK forums, which says that the Hueys got a 50% health boost ~2 weeks ago, referencing this tweet:

Killzone Kid
    @ gustavhalling Sorry to bother you but I need to know :) Vietnam. It is still on the table in regards to paper Hueys and bulletproof bushes?

@ Killzone_Kid We are working with the stats and online side right now, maybe after. Hueys have been given a 50% HP boost.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By infininja

Thanks for finding that. That's a pretty vague description of what was done (and I'd actually be willing to bet it's incorrect), but I'm sure they at least can take more damage than they could before. 

Actually, now that the thread loaded I can read some of the comments. If it takes 3 repair torches it does seem like a 50% boost. I'm not sure how balanced that will actually end up being.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wuddel

They are certainly not fixed. On PCs they are flying tanks... still paper on consoles.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infininja

@Wuddel: Unfortunately I have to agree.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

I played the other day and it seemed like they were definitely stronger, we had trouble taking one down who had a skilled pilot at the helm.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wuddel

Well with the 50% health buff this only means that they have 25% of health compared to PCs (instead of 16.7% before...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.