Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Hit The Slopes With EA's Bad Company

• 57 results
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    Get Sweetwater on the phone!
    Did you know EA and DICE are working on a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company? If you answered "yes," you know nearly as much about the game as I do.

Well, that's not entirely accurate; I did get to see a lengthy demo of the game being played by a DICE staff member at GDC last week. But that demo was long on big, loud action and short on hard details about what will set this sequel apart from last year's superlative original Bad Company. At this point, we know the game will once again star the ragtag B Company, and this time, they'll be killing a lot of people in a wintry environment. But that's about it.

The demo opened with B Company infiltrating some kind of enemy position in a small town among some snowy mountains. The team quietly and deftly snuck into position before unleashing on the unsuspecting foes--but it didn't really do so with the wisecracking spirit you're probably used to from the first game. The whole demo had a pretty serious tone, honestly, so I'm curious to see whether DICE has messed with the first game's formula or if they're just holding back on the story elements for the time being.

OK, now we're talking.
    OK, now we're talking.
    The action certainly seemed on point, at least. Mechanically, I didn't see anything to set Bad Company 2 apart from the Call of Dutys and Killzones of the world, other than the large-scale building destruction that made the last game unique. In promoting the game, DICE is glibly referring to the "Destruction 2.0" technology in BC2, which will purportedly make those destructible walls all the more impressive.

To be fair, as B Company fought its way from building to building, I saw some serious explosions going on. In one instance, the player was firing through an open window when the entire wall disintegrated in his face (complete with sound-muffled shellshock effects), and later on, entire houses were being destroyed from the foundations up. The demo capped off with an on-rails shooting sequence where B Company was fighting enemies on pursuing ATVs before a helicopter roared in at the tail end. And we all know what helicopters can add to a shooter.

DICE says multiplayer is going to be a bigger focus in Bad Company 2 than it was last time around, and seems to be holding back on the full public reveal of the game until it can show off that component. Since this game is coming to the PC while its predecessor did not, could EA be positioning Bad Company as the proper multiplayer follow-up that fans of the original series have been clamoring for since Battlefield 2? While we wait to find out, take a look at this debut teaser trailer, which shows nothing of the game but at least looks slick as hell.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    Did you know EA and DICE are working on a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company? If you answered "yes," you know nearly as much about the game as I do.

Well, that's not entirely accurate; I did get to see a lengthy demo of the game being played by a DICE staff member at GDC last week. But that demo was long on big, loud action and short on hard details about what will set this sequel apart from last year's superlative original Bad Company. At this point, we know the game will once again star the ragtag B Company, and this time, they'll be killing a lot of people in a wintry environment. But that's about it.

The demo opened with B Company infiltrating some kind of enemy position in a small town among some snowy mountains. The team quietly and deftly snuck into position before unleashing on the unsuspecting foes--but it didn't really do so with the wisecracking spirit you're probably used to from the first game. The whole demo had a pretty serious tone, honestly, so I'm curious to see whether DICE has messed with the first game's formula or if they're just holding back on the story elements for the time being.

OK, now we're talking.
    OK, now we're talking.
    The action certainly seemed on point, at least. Mechanically, I didn't see anything to set Bad Company 2 apart from the Call of Dutys and Killzones of the world, other than the large-scale building destruction that made the last game unique. In promoting the game, DICE is glibly referring to the "Destruction 2.0" technology in BC2, which will purportedly make those destructible walls all the more impressive.

To be fair, as B Company fought its way from building to building, I saw some serious explosions going on. In one instance, the player was firing through an open window when the entire wall disintegrated in his face (complete with sound-muffled shellshock effects), and later on, entire houses were being destroyed from the foundations up. The demo capped off with an on-rails shooting sequence where B Company was fighting enemies on pursuing ATVs before a helicopter roared in at the tail end. And we all know what helicopters can add to a shooter.

DICE says multiplayer is going to be a bigger focus in Bad Company 2 than it was last time around, and seems to be holding back on the full public reveal of the game until it can show off that component. Since this game is coming to the PC while its predecessor did not, could EA be positioning Bad Company as the proper multiplayer follow-up that fans of the original series have been clamoring for since Battlefield 2? While we wait to find out, take a look at this debut teaser trailer, which shows nothing of the game but at least looks slick as hell.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

looks Rad

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FlipperDesert

No Truckosaurus Rex jokes? No, thank you.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Civraz

I'll be keeping my eyes on this one... Looks to have potential...

Annev0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Annev0

See? smoking kills! AHAhah XD

brocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brocool

Ziiip O

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome.  Now I need to get the first Bad Company now.

Slick5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slick5

Looks good. Really enjoyed the single player on the first game.

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Double0hFor

i still havent played the first one :( i should get on that!

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By conker

Sweet

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Donos

It would appear the Mad World guys are working on Bad Company 2. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Trailer aside, I don't mind if DICE decides to shift it's effort to the multiplayer. As a 360 gamer, I don't really have any alternatives for large scale FPSing.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Teirdome

I'm with you Jeff.  If I don't at least once say "there goes Haggard, always blowing stuff up" during the game, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.  Screw once, ten times minimum.

The Snake Eyes trailer where Haggard blows MGS Snake out of a barrel is classic.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stephengotlost

Wow, that's tremendous news. I did not know this sequel will be on the PC. I sunk more than 250+ on Battlefield 2.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

yeah, the humor better stay in. but either way, BC is mechanically one of the best shooters out there.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MichaelBach

I am still looking forward to it... they cant miss

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Media_Master

I really hope the humor stays in !!

Metiphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Metiphis

I really love the first game, it's one of those titles I will NEVER trade in.  Looking forward to this and the 1942 reboot.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamjohn

Cannot wait.  Bad Company is, in my opinion, the best multiplayer shooter on 360, and I like it even more than I like 1942 and Vietnam.

John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By John

Did you get to hear Miss July's sweet voice at any moement? I NEED MOAR DETAILZ!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoelTGM

I remember bad company.  Thinking about it and seeing those images just reminds me of a lot of frustration I had with the game.

9mmfistcuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 9mmfistcuffs

No silly wise cracks, a squad of misfits that fit my social circle to a t, and general lighthearted tone  = Not bad company; just Cod clone # 18 billion.

I hope to god their just keeping the story under wraps, otherwise their ditching everything that mad Bad Company unique and fun in the most overcrowded genre of console caming and making another boring modern multiplayer shooter, yawn.

hwarang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hwarang

They should make an award for best Trailer of the year. 

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Let's just hope they balance out the weapons this time along with stackable campaign achievements. Heck I'd be content if DICE used both friendly and enemy AI from somewhere else besides Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fritzerbacon

Really like the style of the teaser. Very well done. Bravo, can't wait til it comes out.

The humor should definitely stay in the came, that's what set it apart from the other shooters last year.
    Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gregomasta

*yawn*  Tell me something I don't know.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By piropeople13

Where is the Smiley Faced Grenade? :(

Definite buy if on Impulse/Steam
    Enda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Enda

what i think 2142 was a more than ample continueation to the battlefield 2 series.me being as far as i am concerned one of the biggest battlefield game fans.i disliked bad compared to the other games probably because my broadband was down for 3 months at the time and  i didnt get to play it online at all.still i was very surprized with how with the campain which i thought was boring and had dumb humour which i like but no like simpleton humour.maybe i was just being prejudice since i didnt play the multiplayer but i dont think that it lived up to the batlefield series standards.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By dethfish

As long as B Company is in the game it will be funny and good.

VipeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VipeR

I hope they make as fun trailers as they did for the first one.
    Man that shit is funny :D

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VWGTI

Looking forward to it.

TIGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TIGER

Guys, any of you that are even slightly amused by first person shooters, buy BC 1. $29.99 at most places brand new It's got a really great, though short single player mode, great multiplayer, and has great potential. BC2 could be the best shooter we've seen in a while.

No Caption Provided

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kohe321

awesome

uskomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uskomaton

Hmm, haven't even played the first one, maybe I should get it.
    How long is the single player aspect?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By giyanks22

Looks pretty good.. I hope they fix some of the interface issues, because I had so much trouble with recoil, and stuff. also they need like four more modes online, cause it got boring real fast.

hide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hide

Coolest part of this trailer was the, "Specializing in online warfare since 1942."

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Winternet

Cool teaser..I hope they evolve the Single Player

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Moeez

Oh man, I hope they keep the humour going and don't turn into Warrior Within. Sweetwater and Haggard are some of the funniest game characters ever!

"...the player was firing through an open window when the entire wall disintegrated in his face (complete with sound-muffled shellshock effects)..." Hey Brad, that also happened quite a bit in the 1st game, especially if you were up against a tank! 
    sai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sai

Need this on the PC.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By RHCPfan24

Bad Company 2 is going to be sweet. I love the new trailer.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I hope the humor stays. I never checked out the mp in the first Bad Company. I was still having my CoD4 addiction at the time.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#42  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Was that an M1 being shot at by Apaches?  Weird.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By ht101

I also want more Truckasaurus Rex mentions and being able to drive it would make my day.  I would just play that level over and over again and screw the rest of the game.  Truckasaurus Rex is where it is at.  Miss July is also an integral part.  Actually, all the characters are but Haggard must be up to his usual awesomeness.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By Seppli

I love Battlefield : Bad Company

Many old-school Battlefield fans don't. They say, because of it's smaller scale. Because of the lack of the classic conquest mode. Because of the limited squad size and clan support.

I, on the other hand, love the focus, goldrush offers. There is much more friction between the opposing teams, because of it. A real sense of a warfront. In classic conquest mode, the battle spreads out too much and the intense sense of war gets lost. Anyways, classic conquest mode got a free DLC release. Right now, there are 8 goldrush maps, as well as 8 conquest maps to be fought over.

All in all, Battlefield : Bad Company is my favourite Battlefield game. And yes, I played them all. A whole lot.

BF : BC is Love Love Love to me <3 <3 <3
    100% more friction! 100% more action! 100% more BANG!
    Dice will double that for part 2 - and I will fall in love again, with Bad Companys younger, even hotter sister!

So - off to play a nights worth of goldrush. Join the fight! Battlefield : Bad Company is still beeing played 24/7!

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By angelkanarias
    Well, battlefield 1943 will surely deliver the multiplayer I've been waiting for.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By agentboolen

O.k. so EA realizes copying Call Of Duty wont sell the game so there going to pretend Cell Shading is still original o.k. good try I'll pass like I did with the 1st game.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FrankCanada97
    agentboolen said:
    "O.k. so EA realizes copying Call Of Duty wont sell the game so there going to pretend Cell Shading is still original o.k. good try I'll pass like I did with the 1st game."
    As I've already said; Battlefield series started a year before Call of Duty and went to the modern era setting a full 2 years before Call of Duty. Please get you facts straight before you accuse anyone of copying anything. So Battlefield copying Call of Duty? I don't think so.
    high_seraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By high_seraph

pretty sweet trailer. kind of reminds me of the very first street fighter 4 trailer back in the day.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By RichardLOlson
    The first one was good and funny....and I do hope that the next few trailers for this one are funny too.  I can't wait to get my hands on this game.
    zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zoozilla

The humour is one of the things that separated Bad Company from the rest of the pack.  If that's gone, what are we going to be left with?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.