Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

How do you exit between games?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Am I an idiot or is there no way to quit BFBC2 between rounds? If I'm in the middle of a round, I can press START and select "exit". However, once a round is over, the only option I have is "READY". There's no option to exit the game or switch to another game mode. Pretty frustrating since it's bad behavior to just jump out of a game in the middle of it (and it leaves teams unbalanced when several people do this at a time).

By the way, where the hell is everyone tonight? I can't find a full game for the life of me. It's endless 2 versus 3 and 4 versus 5.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By YoThatLimp

Yeah it sucks, I wish they would fix that. 

I haven't been able to get a game on in a few days at this time of night, kind of annoying when you telecommute on 3rd shift

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leptok

alt ctrl delete

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's possible on the PC when the next map loads but you don't click join yet, the exit option is there in upper right.
    Guess they forgot it on the consoles :(
    Well wouldn't start/back button work in that instance?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Quipido
    @Tennmuerti:  Nope. Wait till it loads, then manually exit game. No other way, sadly.
    Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weegieanawrench

It was the same way in Bad Company 1. There is no way to exit between matches. You have to wait until you're actually in the match to quit out.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Here's a screen shot from PC version:

No Caption Provided

Weird why there is no such thing on console :(
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xMP44x

You can't exit on the console version. You simply have to enter the match, and then leave the match. Shame really. Also, the PC interface looks a bit better. Again, a shame for console owners. It's somewhat stupid that you can't exit between matches, but at least the delay between matches isn't too long.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TonyBlue87

This has always annoyed me about what is otherwise a fantastic game.  The problem here is two-fold:  1.  If I'm tired of a certain game type/team, I don't want to hang around waiting for a game to load just to quit out and wait for another loading screen when I start a new game.  2.  As was already mentioned, it is poor etiquette to leave a game in the middle of it.  There are few things more frustrating that starting a match strong, then, after getting pummeled for a few minutes, you check the player screen and realize it's 2-on-6.

I can't imagine that this would be a difficult fix for DICE.  I certainly hope they address this soon, if just for the sake of convenience.

I also hope they DON'T remove load-bearing fences from certain maps. =P

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SilentCommando

Yeah, this really bugs me too, I wonder why DICE didn't bother adding this function for consoles since it's pretty bad manners to leave in the middle of the game.

n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By n00d13z

Also when i leave in the middle of a game, I don't always receive all the points and medals from the previous match. :[

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By wh1terav3n

Hopefully they patch one in, because it truly is quite annoying.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donos

I suspect this is actually intended, as a method of keeping people playing. As it stands, when you try to quit, the next game has already started, making it that much easier to decide to play just one more match. Then maybe just one more match after that. And so on.  Now I think this is a flawed concept, and I wish it wasn't used, but I can understand why the might have used it in the first place.

Now to take it to a dumb psychology level, by forcing you to sit through loading before you can quit, the unpleasantness and boredom of a loading screen becomes subconsciously associated with ceasing to play the game.

Alternate technical answer: Maybe the moment one match ends, the next one begins loading, even while your in the scoreboard. As such, quitting post-match would mean quitting while loading, which could cause some sort of technical issues.

Boomheadshot92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boomheadshot92

I hate it too because you have to lose the match because of it. I was wondering this when i first started, "Where the hell is the exit button?" i gave up after a week.
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Sambambo

Was the same in BC1 so I guessthat it is intentional.

As said before, it makes people stay playing. It has worked on me many a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.