I hate shotguns!!!

#1 Posted by xXHesekielXx (255 posts) -

Something wrong with the shotguns. They have a hell of a range and that´s not realistic... If you just have a good aim you can like kill with a shotgun from a sick range, and if you´re hit even from a long long distance you´re dead meat. it´s like a sniper somehow and that´s just wrong according to me... I´ll hope they will change it someday because the range and the aim disturbes me!!

#2 Posted by TiE23 (298 posts) -

They're called slugs.

#3 Posted by durog (219 posts) -

870 MCS with 12 GAUGE SLUGS pwns.

#4 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Didn't they patch the sniper shotgun annoyance?

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11029 posts) -
@TiE23 said:
" They're called slugs. "
And not the sticky, legless bug. 
#6 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

It's the 12 gauge slug upgrade. Still, shotguns suck in BC2.

#7 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I have noticed more people using them lately but they dont seem overpowered or anything and  I dont think its as bad as Bad Company 1 where the shotgun was the best weapon in the game and everyone used them.

#8 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

In real life the effective range of buckshot is around 25 meters, and slugs are reasonably accurate at up to around 100 meters. so it isn't really that unrealistic.

#9 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

Pump actions with slugs are no different than the bolt action rifles, except they don't get the benefit of any type of sights.

Semi autos with slugs are no different than the semi auto rifles, etc.

#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Slugs are the shit. Use 'em.

Buckshot might benefit from another 5-10 yard lethality boost on non-bodyarmor wearing dudebros. Wish DICE made it so for the next balance patch.

Quit being a baby! Take them slugs like a man.

#11 Posted by DaManGB (377 posts) -
@durog said:
"  870 MCS with 12 GAUGE SLUGS pwns. "
#12 Posted by dr_pineapple (197 posts) -

This game is realistic? WAHHHH

#13 Posted by big_jon (5730 posts) -

I don`t like shotguns, using them that is. 

They really are not very good.
#14 Posted by Brendan (7811 posts) -

I think gamers are used to the shotgun that is portrayed in older FPS's, and not real life ones.  Modern pump actions with slugs aren't that innacurate.
#15 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

using shotguns with 12 gauge slugs can reach up to a longer distance than the usual shotgun range realistically (based on what i read in the internet so i hope it's true hehe). 

anyway, i don't think the shotguns are overpowered. it's as what its supposed to do, single kill shot.  even if you get in trouble face to face with a shotgun user in BFBC2, if his shot misses you, it's an easy kill for you (unless he's using SAIGA or the USAS guns), it is pretty hard to aim with the shotguns considering the recoil per shot, it requires skill.

#16 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Shotguns don't magically stop working at longer distances.  The shot keeps flying forward, it's just less effective.  And if you use slugs, well...

#17 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I'm not very good using the shotguns, i will have to try the slugs you people speak of!
#18 Posted by iFail (236 posts) -

Shotguns with slugs can be effective to quite a long distance in real life, especially compared to how short BC2 distances are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.