Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

IGN Videoreview

• 113 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

8.9 Overall... Sound 9.0? Lasting Appeal 9.0? - CoD Fanboy Cunts! ;D

Enjoy!
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Sweet, I was looking forward to this one. 

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Zereta

For a game whose demo I love more than the entire full version of the other big name modern warfare shooter, 8.9 seems like a shit score. At least to me. In comparison of course. 

No matter. BF: BC2 will steal my life away.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CptChiken

why do you never put any effort into your threads?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli
    @CptChiken said:
    " why do you never put any effort into your threads? "

How about staying on topic?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@CptChiken said:
    " why do you never put any effort into your threads? "
    He has Macgyver avatar, he does what he wants.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli
    @Zereta said:

" For a game whose demo I love more than the entire full version of the other big name modern warfare shooter, 8.9 seems like a shit score. At least to me. In comparison of course.  No matter. BF: BC2 will steal my life away. "

Yeah - the overall score is definitly is on the very low end. Almost unacceptably low. Especially given the fact the reviewer thought BF:BC 2's sound design is worth a mere 9.0. Borderline offensively ignorant. Same goes for the lasting appeal. 9.0? Serisously? For anybody enjoying BF's style of gameplay it's easily a 10 out 10 when it comes to lasting appeal. Hell - I've clocked in over 250 hours and the game ain't even out yet. 

He should have at least have bumped it up to a 9.0. The 8.9 score seems like a dick move to get nerdrage pageviews to me.
    Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Frederik
    @Zereta said:
    " For a game whose demo I love more than the entire full version of the other big name modern warfare shooter, 8.9 seems like a shit score. At least to me. In comparison of course.  No matter. BF: BC2 will steal my life away. "
    Yeah I miss that demo terribly already!
    Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Terry_Bogard

This guy thinks the B company is annoying?! what a jerk...

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

That score is still excellent.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turbomonkey138

inb4MW2isbettorz

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bionicicide

Calm the fuck down.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By solidlife

mmmmm. He calls out the single player being six hours, That seems to be the standard in FPS genre.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DCFGS3

Wait, he was criticising this game for being too dramatic compared to MW2!??!? That is bs, MW2 is the zenith of too much drama.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I also hate when something I haven't actually played is only considered really great by someone who has actually played it.  What a super duper mega cunt.
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaptainObvious

10 is reserved for Battlefield 3 obviously.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seppli
    @FiestaUnicorn said:

" I also hate when something I haven't actually played is only considered really great by someone who has actually played it.  What a super duper mega cunt. "

Since a majority of us here has acutally played the Beta and Demo of BF:BC 2 - of course we can. At least when it comes to sound design and lasting appeal. 

The sound design is undisputably the best in the bizz. It deserves the perfect 10. Many of us have clocked in countless hours in the demo and beta already - way more than in most full game releases. Anything but a 10 for lasting appeal is a mockery.  

On a sidenote: IGN gave MW2 a perfect 10 in both sound design and lasting appeal. Now that's really fucked up.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Zereta said:
    "  BF: BC2 will steal my life away. "
    be my valentine
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zereta

I think if anything really, 9 for sound compared to freakin MW2's 10 is horrible.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Seppli
    @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " I also hate when something I haven't actually played is only considered really great by someone who has actually played it.  What a super duper mega cunt. "

P.S. I've got 250h of playtime on the beta and demo combined. It's very likely I've already spent 10x more time on BF:BC 2 than the IGN reviewer. 

Lasting appeal a 9.0... ridiculous!
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CptChiken
    @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:

Since a majority of us here has acutally played the Beta and Demo of BF:BC 2 - of course we can. At least when it comes to sound design and lasting appeal.   The sound design is undisputably the best in the bizz. It deserves the perfect 10. Many of us have clocked in countless hours in the demo and beta already - way more than in most full game releases. Anything but a 10 for lasting appeal is a mockery.   On a sidenote: IGN gave MW2 a perfect 10 in both sound design and lasting appeal. Now that's really fucked up. "
    btw just asking but are you working for dice because you really really really REALLY seem to bum off this game, judging by the number of threads youve made about it
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli
    @CptChiken said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:

Since a majority of us here has acutally played the Beta and Demo of BF:BC 2 - of course we can. At least when it comes to sound design and lasting appeal.   The sound design is undisputably the best in the bizz. It deserves the perfect 10. Many of us have clocked in countless hours in the demo and beta already - way more than in most full game releases. Anything but a 10 for lasting appeal is a mockery.   On a sidenote: IGN gave MW2 a perfect 10 in both sound design and lasting appeal. Now that's really fucked up. "
    btw just asking but are you working for dice because you really really really REALLY seem to bum off this game, judging by the number of threads youve made about it "

Guess what. I love Battlefield. It's the kind of franchise, which has devoted fans. I guess all you're capable off gobbling down one game after the other and thus can't understand my devotion. Once you've played 1000+ hours of any franchise - be it Street Fighter, Starcraft, WoW, CoD or whatever - you will understand. 

Anyways - get the fuck off your 'whatever - man...' horse. 
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CptChiken
    @Seppli said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:

btw just asking but are you working for dice because you really really really REALLY seem to bum off this game, judging by the number of threads youve made about it "

Guess what. I love Battlefield. It's the kind of franchise, which has devoted fans. I guess all you're capable off gobbling down one game after the other and thus can't understand my devotion. Once you've played 1000+ hours of any franchise - be it Street Fighter, Starcraft, WoW, CoD or whatever - you will understand. 

Anyways - get the fuck off your 'whatever - man...' horse.  "
    touchy much?
    Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aishan

Did I walk into an alternate universe where 9 out of 10 is somehow a bad score?

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CptChiken
    @Aishan: nah, hes just bias
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @Seppli said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:

Anyways - get the fuck off your 'whatever - man...' horse.  "
    You may have played more total time than him but he's played the entire game.  And he seems to have enjoyed it quite a bit.   So go play it as long as a 10 out of 10 lasting appeal score deserves.  Stop being so angry that someone else only thinks this game is simply great.
    @Aishan said:
    "Did I walk into an alternate universe where 9 out of 10 is somehow a bad score? "

No, you walked into a world where 8.9 out of 10 is a bad score.   
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seppli

First of all, I'm not angry. 8.9 overall is a great score.  

Anyways - there's no explanation given in the review why the sound design is a mere 9.0 and not a 10. The general opinion being that BF:BC 2 has the best or one of the best sound designs in the bizz. Same goes for the lasting appeal. The number has been pulled out of an ass without a reasoning. I see plenty of reasons why it should get the perfect 10 in those two categories from what I've played from the game thus far. 

Especially considering IGN gave MW2 a perfect 10 for its sound and its lasting appeal, I am not the only one thinking it's 'effin inconsistent.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli
    @CptChiken:  

Since all you want is to pick a forum fight, just get the fuck out of this thread.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By baconbits33

Why is everyone freakin out about the score? It's freakin IGN, their reviews almost always suck, we all know that. And as soon as he said Bad Company was annoying in the first game, and then began to compare it to MW2 you should of realized that it was obviously gonna be a standard IGN review: Bullshit.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EvolutionX0

Seems like Jeff is going to put out his review soon then, I saw him on IGNs Squad. As for the review it has a reasonable score, i don't know what the single player is yet so im going to have to figure that one out by my self but the multiplayer is intense and is way better than MW2, that is why I'm getting it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Pie

Although its a very good score i'd like to know what makes MW2 better. Campaign is roughly same length and sounds of about equal quality. Multiplayer sounds fantastic just like MW2 is (in a different way albeit). 
    The 8.9 score seems like a very nerd rage page view move, I mean the game got 4/5 9's and just one 8 in the closing comments (and some of those sound wrong, sound only an 9? Lasting appeal 9 even though the quote with that is  

This is the kind of multiplayer game you can go back to for months and months without getting bored.

sounds like a ten to me) 
    I really am buying into the whole minute numbers nerdrage thing but why did both MW2 and BC2 get 9 in graphics? From what i've saw BC2 has superior graphics. 
    Well I dont know
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CptChiken
    @Seppli: thats not actually what i was after... i was just making observations, your the one that has started being offensive 
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:

I agree with this. I mean MW2's gun sounds are like pea shooters compared to this game's sound quality.
    weeber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By weeber

You guys are aware that MW2 was not reviewed by the same person right? So comparing the two scores is kind of silly.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Zereta said:
    " I think if anything really, 9 for sound compared to freakin MW2's 10 is horrible. "
    Agreed
    Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Valco
    @Seppli said:
    " @FiestaUnicorn said:
     P.S. I've got 250h of playtime on the beta and demo combined. It's very likely I've already spent 10x more time on BF:BC 2 than the IGN reviewer.  Lasting appeal a 9.0... ridiculous! "

How long was the demo/beta avaiable for, about 30 days, give or take? Doesn't that mean that you spent a third of an entire month playing games?
    cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cap123

the sound and lasting appeal scores do seem strange, but 8.9 is still a pretty good score considering none of us have played the actual game yet.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Illmatic

IGN isn't a single person you know. It's composed of many different reviewers of different tastes, views, and opinions. What one reviewer may consider a 10 the other may consider a 9. You're obviously a battlefield enthusiast judging by the playtime you've put into the game but that just means you felt a much stronger liking for the game than the reviewer did. How is that wrong in any way?  He's simply doing his job, telling you how he felt about the game. I guarantee there are others who feel the exact opposite as you, thinking the praise this game is getting is unwarranted. And there are finally those who think its about right from what they've experienced. The general consensus is that the game is good. That should be enough for a fan. Those who were going to buy it before the review are still going to buy it. Bad Company 2's rep isn't tarnished by an 8.9.  This whole debacle isn't because IGN sucks as a review source, it's because of the 7-10 review scale that has existed since the 1-10 range was introduced and the amount of gamers out there who use reviews for entirely the wrong reasons. In this warped world, a 7 is terrible, an 8 is good, a 9 is amazing,  and a 10 is scoffed as overhyped.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hockeymask27

First off let me start offf by saying that was a very well put together review. It focused on the strong while pointing out the weak. My problem is while BF games in general always look so fun and the online intense. However  as soon I actually start playing, I soon realize thats things are not the same. while yes it is possible to have intense awesome moments there will also be a lot of  time my team does not want to work together and  we get constally killed by tanks ect by a the other team(in the demo anyways). So I think I will still have to give this a rent first. See if it was just the crate gamemode i did not enjoy in the demo.

regnits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By regnits

I'm fine with the score it's the fact that two numbers should be 10. Sound and lasting appeal have to be 10 if MW2 had 10. Everyone in the gaming industry will not say that this is not fact.

I gave up on MW2 after 3 months as the MP did not live up to my hopes. I'm still playing BF2 so based on that fact MW2 10 for lasting appeal is false for me. The sound for BC2 is the best there is fact so how it was not 10 if MW2 was is false for me too.    For these facts and the person doing the review hates BC1 is a good reason to question the review score. 

But at the end of the day everyone if going to have a lot of fun with BC2 for months or years that is all that matters.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tomance

I made this point in the other locked thread but two different people reviewed BF and MW.  

Gspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gspoon

I am starting to think that ANY thread with IGN reference in the title on the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Forum should be auto locked.  

This shit is getting silly between 3 threads about IGN and all of the MW2 vs BC2 crap. If you guys hate IGN so much just avoid their content. If you really disagree with the reviewer write him/her a email or get on the IGN forums and raise hell. I am just going to throw this out here, their is NO game that deserves a "Perfect 10 " nothing is perfect in the virtual world or the real one. If you enjoy a game that no one else does then congratulations your a human not a robot that only buys games with a 8-10 score.

BTW I don't pay attention to review scores because their like assholes everyone has one and no 2 are alike, )
    regnits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By regnits

The point I was making if MW2 got a high score for sound and lasting appeal then BC2 should be at least equal. Just these two scores make no sense compared to the last modern combat game. 

The rest of the review scores and review is fine for a non-Bad Company fan.

Evolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Evolved

A 9.0 for sound and lasting appeal is a bad score?  Wow, I guess I'm living in a different universe.  This is also ONE MAN'S OPINION guys.  Settle down.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @solidlife said:
    " mmmmm. He calls out the single player being six hours, That seems to be the standard in FPS genre. "
    Especially since I beat MW2's in 3 hours... >_>
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By Tuggah
    @EvolutionX0: at 2:55 you see Giantbombing.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Jayross
    1. Erik Brudvig is an idiot, I can't stand it when he talks.
    2. The Bad Company squad is annoying? I would take B-company over those no-personality muscle dudes from MW2.
    3. Short campaign? Okay, 6 hours is shorter than I expected, but then why was his review 3/4 about singleplayer?
    4. Sound? You can ask any sound engineer for games, Frostbite's HDR audio is more advanced than MW2's canned sound effects based on proximity.
    5. Lasting appeal? I don't see how MW2 has a more of a lasting appeal over BC2.

Granted, this game is not perfect, but only suffers from the same reason it didn't get super good scores before: a sub-par campaign. I don't really like that rating system, the decimals make it seem too much like a formula, and not an opinion.

Oh, thanks to the mod who told me to shut up, then locked my thread. Real professional.

Alright, I got over it, thanks to this:

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Three0neFive

Lovin the kiddies who think this game needs to compete with some shitty console shooter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.