Is Everyone running into that "can't find patch" problem?

#1 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

BTW, I'm loving this game =D 

Whenever I start up the game (PC) It tell me there is a new version available and if I want to download it. I click "yes" and it tell me that I can't find it/connect to retrieve it and if I want to play the version I have. I click "yes" and loads the game.  

Anyone else run into this?  

I think the only ramifications I have run into is that I can't see any servers in the server browser but I can click "Play Now" and it'll shoot me into a game. 

If anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know. thnx

#2 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

You need to run the BC2 patcher as Administrator.  Trust me when you patch you'll see better performance of menus and in game.

#3 Edited by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

Yeah I just attempted that, it worked.  

Thank you =] 

Yeah definitely say smoother and more consistent performance. awesome 

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Do you guys find you have to try and launch the game a number of times before it actually loads up? I have to keep the task manager open and watch to make sure the process size doesn't stop rising once it gets to 13 MB. Otherwise it'll stay at 13 then suddenly jump to 17MB and sit there until I crash the app. I have to keep launching and ending the process until it begins rising above 13MB without a pause between refreshes (regardless of whether I use the launcher/patcher OR directly use the BFBC2Game.exe -- administrator mode makes no difference for me, but I have UAC off anyways).

I haven't seen any other posts like this and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not the only one. I know this isn't my topic, but I'm not sure I need to make one for this issue on this forum.

#5 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I've never had this problem. Since I did the admin launch to update the game, I never did admin launch again and it always launches in a speedy manner.  

Try reinstall?
#6 Edited by pause422 (6188 posts) -
@darkgoth678 said:

" Yeah I just attempted that, it worked.   Thank you =]  Yeah definitely say smoother and more consistent performance. awesome  "

What patch are you talking about? I never got anything. I know they have a new update coming out tonight/tomorrow that is unconfirmed in what it does. I never got some other update though in the last few days at all..and an update to increase performance would of been great.
#7 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@darkgoth678 said:
" @MrKlorox: I've never had this problem. Since I did the admin launch to update the game, I never did admin launch again and it always launches in a speedy manner.   Try reinstall? "
I have tried that. It's sitting at 17,376 K right now after chilling at 13,620 K for about 30 seconds like is usually does. I even tried running the installer as administrator this time, just in case. It never crashes so nothing ever shows up in the event viewer until I crash it manually. I guess I'll post it on the official forum. I should grab a video of it first though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.