Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Is my Friend Delusional?

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

My Xbox has been acting weird lately so I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC. Its almost a completely different feeling game with better graphics, and MUCH better control (I.E. mouse)

I let my friend play it and after an hour of watching him snipe 2-3 people in a few seconds with no effort and gun people down as the engineer from extremely far away he would not admit a mouse was easier, the game ran smoother, and looked a lot better. I even turned on Battlefield BC2 on my Xbox to SHOW him while he was playing on the PC how much worse it played and looked, and he STILL denied it.

Did I just meet a Xbox fanboy?

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Lautaro
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:
    "  My Xbox has been acting weird lately so I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC. Its almost a completely different feeling game with better graphics, and MUCH better control (I.E. mouse)I let my friend play it and after an hour of watching him snipe 2-3 people in a few seconds with no effort and gun people down as the engineer from extremely far away he would not admit a mouse was easier, the game ran smoother, and looked a lot better. I even turned on Battlefield BC2 on my Xbox to SHOW him while he was playing on the PC how much worse it played and looked, and he STILL denied it.Did I just meet a Xbox fanboy? "
    Some people just prefer the controller, doesn't necessarily mean he is a Xbox fanboy.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Lautaro said:
    " @thehuntsmen5434 said:
    "  My Xbox has been acting weird lately so I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC. Its almost a completely different feeling game with better graphics, and MUCH better control (I.E. mouse)I let my friend play it and after an hour of watching him snipe 2-3 people in a few seconds with no effort and gun people down as the engineer from extremely far away he would not admit a mouse was easier, the game ran smoother, and looked a lot better. I even turned on Battlefield BC2 on my Xbox to SHOW him while he was playing on the PC how much worse it played and looked, and he STILL denied it.Did I just meet a Xbox fanboy? "
    Some people just prefer the controller, doesn't necessarily mean he is a Xbox fanboy. "
    true, it's just what they're used to. 
    but if they dont think the graphics are better on PC, they need to get their eyes checked.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Illmatic

I prefer the controller to a mouse as well. I understand that a mouse allows more precision for alot of people, but the feel of using one to aim just doesn't feel right to me.

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehuntsmen5434
    @Lautaro:  It's wasn't about whats comfortable.  I can understand if he said that, but he just would deny over and over that there was no difference from a mouse and an xbox analog stick.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

The Xbox controller is the best way to play FPS games while also having the best graphics compared to any console!  When I tea-bag some fags, I comment on this as I am pro at Halo. 

I <3 Xbox Fanboys

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeJerk

Continous input has its advantages nobody can ignore, that's why I have my DualShock3 w/ DS3 Tool ready to grab in BC2 and Blops at all times :)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper

Controller is easier but the keyboard and mouse is better. 

Sometimes I'll play a PC game with a 360 controller, for instance, Just Cause 2. Now the keyboard and mouse would of given me a lot more control and it would of been better for shooting dudes but sitting back holding a controller is just easier, so I went with that. 

If it's a multiplayer game on both platforms I can play either equally and don't really have a bias over one because everyone's playing with a controller on the console so we're all on a level playing field and everyone one on PC is playing with a mouse. For me it's easier to pick up a multiplayer game on consoles and compete because it's easier to get to the best you can be because the sticks can only do so much. For example turning 90 degrees around a corner and shooting someone in the head can be done on a console with normal settings in lets say 2 seconds. Now I can reach that level that most people are playing at really easily and quickly. Only PC someone can go around a corner, see someone, aim and headshot them in half a second. It's ridiculas. It would take me ages to get to that level and that isn't fun for me, it's too twitch. So in that case I'd rather play on the consoles. It's easier. 

So in the end you can't deny the technical superiority of the mouse/keyboard over a controller. It's almost fact. But if someone says they just prefer a controller over a mouse I can go with that.

KosmoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KosmoK

The PC version probably looks better (haven't played it, so I can't comment on that) and it the controls are probably more accurate than with a controller (again, haven't played it). I stay clear of the word "better" in regard to the controls, because that is very subjective. Flat out denying a let's say "different" experience is just dumb.
    I personally couldn't play it on a PC, because I'm always about five seconds away from carpal tunnel when I'm using a mouse and keyboard. The keyboard being the culprit there. I nearly wrecked my left hand playing through Portal a few months back...

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By AuthenticM

One can be really good at FPS with a controller, but anyone with common sense knows that nothing trumps a mouse and keyboard.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deeveeus
    @captain_clayman said:
    " @Lautaro said:
    " @thehuntsmen5434 said:
    Some people just prefer the controller, doesn't necessarily mean he is a Xbox fanboy. "
    true, it's just what they're used to. but if they dont think the graphics are better on PC, they need to get their eyes checked. "
    Ot can be if you have a well enough spec'd computer...thats where my problems with PC games come in. I have a 2 year old alien ware laptop that was damn near top of the line when I bought it, and running MW 2....bleh
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infininja

I prefer it on 360.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By xMP44x

I prefer playing games with a controller, but I agree that a PC is probably the ultimate system to play on for precision and graphics. Consoles are a more straightforward method of gaming IMO, and I mainly stick to them. Everyone has different tastes but I'm surprised anyone can argue with the superior graphics of a PC game.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wuddel

I recently bought a pretty ok PC. (I have a gaming PC not for FPS, but for Civ, Total War,MMOs and stuch stuff) .I bought BC2+Vietnam before Christmas vacation to try it out. Yeat it looks awesome. Controlls are pretty precise too. 

I went back to the PS3 after Christmas. The experience of playing on a big TV or even a beamer, is more enjoyable. I also bought NFS for PC, and while it runs smoother at more details on the PC I keept thinking: "Man I really want to play this on my TV." 

For my FPS playstyle controllers are better. I like to get up in peoples faces ... with a shotgun. PC-Battlefield felt like a goddamm sniperfest to me. On PC I came out below average on most matches, even when adjusting to this long range playstyle. On PS3 I am come out usually in the Top3 spots (in random vs. random) - given I am not trying to get stars on weapons I actually do not really like. As I get older I really prefer a bit slower pace in my games.

That being said. Man, we are overdue for a new console generation! Consoles that can run games at 120 Hz (for 3D) at Full HD. Today we get games with bad framerate running at 720p.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @KaosAngel said:
    "The Xbox controller is the best way to play FPS games while also having the best graphics compared to any console!  When I tea-bag some fags, I comment on this as I am pro at Halo.  I <3 Xbox Fanboys "

You, sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar... at Halo.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MikkaQ

Well it's always keyboard and mouse vs. controller. I propose keyboard and mouse vs controller and couch. That's a much more accurate image of the advantages and disadvantages of consoles right there. I'd rather play games in the living room with proper loudspeakers and a couch, which a PC will never provide me. And if it means I'll get killed a couple more times, I honestly don't care. That's not why I'm playing it. It's for entertainment, thus a requirement of comfort. 

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By babblinmule

I play a stupid amount of games on PC, but even I will admit that I much, much, much prefer using a console controller. The 360 controller in particular is just so damn comfy to use compared to a PC mouse.

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

yea I agree that I'm way more comfortable laying on my couch with a controller in my hand playing a game on a 40 inch TV and surround sound.  I'm just saying in regards to illusion of skill in playing a game which setup you'd feel like you had more control over.  Even in the situation that everyone on PC has a mouse and everyone on console has a controller so it doesn't matter.  illusion of skill meaning even though I'm getting more kills with a mouse and so is everyone else, I "feel" more in control of a situation.  Like if I saw a guy in the distance and missed him playing on Xbox,  I would feel cheated because I didn't have the precision of a mouse that would've most likely gotten me that kill.

Watching my friend being able to quickly look in every direction on PC covering all angels easily.  Then watching him play the Xbox one where he can only cover in front of him because its so slow to move the cursor around, just made me feel like he was playing with tunnel vision.  Battlefields maps are very wide open and when your playing on Xbox it's hard to step out into the open and look around without getting gunned down by someone in your blind spot.  On PC with the quick instant movements of a mouse I can step out in the open and quickly glance everywhere, moving back into safe cover.  It isn't saying PC is better, but its saying that idea of quick movement can make you feel not as "helpless." 

Battlefield is the type of game you definitely need that wide range of vision because of the scale of the maps.  In Call of duty not so much because the maps are much smaller with more places to hide and leap frog safely too.  A lot of times in Battlefield you will be running in the open from place to place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.