I was wondering if the Vietnam expansion was worth a purchase. People still playing it and worth the price?
Is Vietnam worth the buy (PS3)?
I was wondering if the Vietnam expansion was worth a purchase. People still playing it and worth the price?I say yes. Its a great expansion. It changes quite a bit. There are no super long areas for snipers to camp. Lots of trenches and broken up areas.
@The_Laughing_Man well the sniper thing is a selling point. I hate snipers (more so because I suck at it because I'm a twitch gamer).Most of the levels have enough trenchy areas where you can hide from them. One of the best maps is massive and has lots of vechiles and what not. The helis are much easier to down. Like the Gun on a tank can take them down so you dont have to worry about that fucker in the copter spamming missiles then running off to repair.
I love it. It makes up for about 75% of my BF:BC 2 playtime currently. I prefer the Conquest experience in the Vietnam expansion. Hueys and Vietnam era rock music is dope. Haven't played on PS3 in a long while, but I played it quite a lot and it was always fun. It's an insane value. Just like BF1943 was. Only much better. 5 maps, 4 modes (never playing Squad Deathmatch or Squad Rush though, so I can't vouch for them).
- Operation Hastings and...
- ...Phu Bai Valley are pretty dope Conquest and Rush maps.
- Hill 137 has kind of a broken flow to it in Conquest and the Out of Bounds HQ in Maptier 1 Rush is too camper friendly.
- Cao San Temple is pretty awesome in Rush, but Conquest often is a 'nade spam fest.
- Vantage Point Rush is the worst map in Battlefield history - maptier 1 is a legendary meat grinder choke point and nade spam paradise. Conquest ain't much better; semi-decent at best.
Many people were duped by its title, thinking it's a throwback to Battlefield: Vietnam (2003), only to find it's Medal of Honor: Vietnam
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.