Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Lag gone on North American servers?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

They just posted this up on there site and say the Playstation 3 is up and pretty lag free.... so anyone know if its really fixed before I switch back to the NA servers?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

I don't know about PS3, but I gave up on this game because I was sick of bad connections.  Only game I have trouble with :(

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lilbigsupermario

wow! that's good news! i actually switched back to NA servers, but i haven't tried it out yet recently since i've been playing onslaught. i'll definitely check it out later tonight. 

for the ones who are lazy to click the link (since you also need to enter the birthdate, etc.) here's what it says: 

Community News #1

I am happy about the warm welcome I received from you guys and hopefully this is the beginning of something GREAT!

This is the latest update on the lag issue on the NA servers. 

The DEV team have been working hard to find a solution to this issue for quite some time now and we think that we have a possible fix now that will roll out gradually over the next few days as the console servers are currently undergoing maintenance in North America to resolve the lag issues being experienced.

PlayStation 3 maintenance is complete with Xbox 360 servers being maintained during today on servers that empty to avoid disrupting your game sessions in progress. If you are in America and Canada you can set your EA profile to your country of residence to connect to your local servers which should be lag free once again when maintenance is complete. Report any continued lag issues to us on our forums http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk

I would also like to add that the BFBC2 PC patch is currently still in development and we have sent it for STEAM compatibility testing today. All being well the patch will be released early next week. For information on what the patch fixes take a look at the changelog on the official forums at http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk.

I would also like to announce every Wednesday from now on to be “Community Wednesdays” where I will give you guys a weekly update in the form of a blog post, but also in forums and a direct link to this on the official BFBC2 twitter account athttp://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2 .

In these community Wednesday posts I will supply you with information regarding the game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Skytylz:  Well you know you can play on the U K servers. It worked great for me and its very simple to do
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Rockdalf

Wow, I just bought the game the other day and it was my only complaint.  I guess my timing was good.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Donos

I don't know about the PS3 servers, but the Xbox 360 ones seem perfectly fine.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, after downloading the sizeable update I haven't experienced any noticeable lag. A great change from the recent lagfest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Looks like I'm going to swtich back from playing on the UK servers, it's a piss off it took them so long to fix, many of my friends gave up on the game.

lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Looks like I'm going to swtich back from playing on the UK servers, it's a piss off it took them so long to fix, many of my friends gave up on the game. "
    Then tell them to go back and play BFBC2 again. :P
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@lilbigsupermario said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " Looks like I'm going to swtich back from playing on the UK servers, it's a piss off it took them so long to fix, many of my friends gave up on the game. "
    Then tell them to go back and play BFBC2 again. :P "
    I'm on it!
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Nadafinga

Lag is gone for me as well. Played for a few hours last night, smooth as ever.
    People should really switch back to their local servers, so that they don't overload the UK ones.

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Lanceuppercut

Played some Squad DM with some friends last night everything seemed ok. Pretty smooth actually, damn I've missed playing this game.

lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Same here!  Played Rush, Conquest and Squad Deathmatch last night and even with a full 24-player match, I didn't experience a single lag. Awesome! BFBC2 is back! :)

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RankRabbit

I had a few games last night without but later on there was some but that could just be some time warner crap internet.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By metalmoog

Been enjoying this quite frequently with little to no lag.  BFBC2 is teh Rox0rs baybee!

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FrankCanada97

Time to get back playing then!

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TiE23

Yes! After crippling rubberbanding for weeks and weeks, the game is back to it's old smooth self. 
     They totally fixed it for me. Joined a match and ran around. No hurricane feeling. No slow running. No failed reloads. No warping. No slight pushing when standing still. No skipping. No trouble getting through doors or windows. Guns shoot bullets that actually go where you're aiming. And now kills are based on your aim and not luck (due to the lagfest BS).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sackmanjones

Played most of today and there was almost zero lag. Little in the heli's but barley noticible Battlefield is back :)  add me if you wanna play sometime

PSN: Sackmanjones

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Bouke

I played last night (on PS3 in EU) and there was no lag, i did get disconnected once during a game. Other then that the lag seems gone on the EU servers aswell.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By stephengotlost

I would like to know which cities their server farms are located. I'm in BC, an hour away from the border to Seattle. Should I set my country to Canada or the United States?

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mighty

So it would seem, after the millions of threads on hundreds of forums, EA finally took responsibility and stepped up. Now the game is even better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.