Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Map Pack 3 gets a release date, trailer.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

Edited By Jayross
    I originally reported on the map pack 3 details on April 20th. Now, after over a month of the two items being listed in the in game store, an official post and trailer have finally gone up, with a release date of June 9th

The VIP map pack 3 will have Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch and Laguna Alta Squad Rush. Check out the trailer below: (Note the optics on the M14 at 0:55 and 1:05.)

These two "enhanced" maps will be available to 360 and PS3 owners who have the VIP code on June 9th. The PC version of BC2 will be updated with the new maps shortly after.  

Update, June 8th: The M14/G3 optics will not be included in a future update, according to Bazajaytee. He says that the video teams have a special version of the game that enables them to equip optics on any gun. 

Why? Why would they have a special version of the game? We all know that BC2 originally planed to have optics on those weapons, but it was later taken out. Optics in the VIP trailers have been a recurring thing. Do you believe that the VIP trailers were created before   the release of the game? Let me know.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jayross
    I originally reported on the map pack 3 details on April 20th. Now, after over a month of the two items being listed in the in game store, an official post and trailer have finally gone up, with a release date of June 9th

The VIP map pack 3 will have Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch and Laguna Alta Squad Rush. Check out the trailer below: (Note the optics on the M14 at 0:55 and 1:05.)

These two "enhanced" maps will be available to 360 and PS3 owners who have the VIP code on June 9th. The PC version of BC2 will be updated with the new maps shortly after.  

Update, June 8th: The M14/G3 optics will not be included in a future update, according to Bazajaytee. He says that the video teams have a special version of the game that enables them to equip optics on any gun. 

Why? Why would they have a special version of the game? We all know that BC2 originally planed to have optics on those weapons, but it was later taken out. Optics in the VIP trailers have been a recurring thing. Do you believe that the VIP trailers were created before   the release of the game? Let me know.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vonocourt

Kinda bummed that it's not actually new maps this time around.

Mrbiscuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mrbiscuit101

Was that a 4x scope on an M14 at 0:50?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Venatio

Are they EVER gonna release new maps? I would even pay for it, not much but still a sum

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayross
    @Mrbiscuit101: oh yeah, forgot to mention that, they have been appearing in a variety of the videos.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Seppli

M14 with ACOG would be sick. Hope they add it to the game. 

Too bad the new maps are just for squad modes. Actually played a bit of Squad Deathmatch recently. Good fun. 

Off to go chopper whoring on Atacama. Cya guys.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

meh

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayross

Why? Why would they have a special version of the game? We all know that BC2 originally planed to have optics on those weapons, but it was later taken out. Optics in the VIP trailers have been a recurring thing. Do you believe that the VIP trailers were created before   the release of the game? Let me know.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Bouke

Wow thats today! Awesome, i'll check the store when i get home... i guess i have to get my friends together for some squad games. Also looking forward to the Onslaught DLC. 
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayross
    Update June 9th 

The map pack is now live! 
    The optional update for the Xbox 360 is up as well. You can download the update when you open the multiplayer menu. You then must restart BC2 for the update to take affect.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

Jayross:  Please let us know how the patch works for you.  The PS3 one and apparently a follow-up have been causing more trouble unfortunately. 
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayross

I can confirm that there does seem to be a bit more lag than normal.  

But it is not terrible. 

I will be playing again on peak east coast hours (so like 7pm Eastern) and I will report back again. 

Right now, lag is 2.5/5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.