Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

No mics?

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Heartagram

Been playing this game for a few days and one thing I have noticed so far is that not a single person has been talking.  

I am playing on 360 which you would assume would mean more people would have mics to talk with but alas that is not that case. Maybe they're all in parties?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

That seems to happen in a lot of games. While it's annoying to have whiny kids on MW2, they can be muted, when no one is talking, the game just becomes so boring that I may as well be playing on a PC.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nail1080

You can only talk or hear the people in your 4 man squad, so unless you are not playing with friends, there is a very small likelyhood of you meeting someone with a mic in your squad who wants to actually talk to you. If you want to play a good online game where people use mics on 360 go play either MW2, Gears 1, or Halo 3

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ToxicFruit

well I play on the PC and I really only use vent to communicate with my friends

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@nail1080 said:
    "If you want to play a good online game where people use mics on 360 go play either MW2, Gears 1, or Halo 3 "
    To call those who use mics on MW2, Gears 1 or Halo 3 "People" suggests they are humans, which insults all of us. 99% of them have shit for brains and are the exact opposite of the people I would like to speak to. Party chat is the best thing that Microsoft has brought to the 360 since release IMO.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rjaylee

As someone who plays a lot of BFBC2, I also only mic up exclusively when I play that game with friends in our own private squad. I find BFBC2 can still be a decent team experience even without mics. Although, of course if a squad did use some voice communication as well, it helps a lot too.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nail1080
    @zudthespud:  nah that's bull man, a myth. You meet just as many nice people as you do mean people, just like real life. Well that's from my experiences anyway. I hate party chat, it has taken away from the banter and trash talk I used to associate with live, and like I stated those 3 games are the only ones where it is in anyway prominent right now.
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Tuggah

I don't use a mic, I don't think it is too much of a loss. People know to throw ammo, med kits, revive you.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Bouke

I only use a mic when playing with my friends in a squad... other then that, its pretty useless because there is a small change other players will follow your directions
    Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Vitamin_Dei
    @Tuggah said:
    " I don't use a mic, I don't think it is too much of a loss. People know to throw ammo, med kits, revive you. "
    Sure, but that's baseline existing in the game. Actual tactics such as coordination of attack, approach routes, or even which one of you is going to jump out of the tank and repair is so that both don't and then it gets stolen by a nearby enemy? That stuff all works so much more amazingly when people use their mics. You're never going to be able to force people who don't want to, but effective voice chat really does improve a team-based game amazingly. 
    Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joshakazam
    @zudthespud said:

" @nail1080 said:

"If you want to play a good online game where people use mics on 360 go play either MW2, Gears 1, or Halo 3 "
    To call those who use mics on MW2, Gears 1 or Halo 3 "People" suggests they are humans, which insults all of us. 99% of them have shit for brains and are the exact opposite of the people I would like to speak to. Party chat is the best thing that Microsoft has brought to the 360 since release IMO. "
    Sadly yes.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:
    If you want to play a good online game where people use mics on 360 go play either MW2, Gears 1, or Halo 3 "
    I'm glad you aren't serious about this comment. 

Also, it's better to have nobody with mics than to have everyone with mics.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By FireBurger
    @nail1080 said:
    " @zudthespud:  nah that's bull man, a myth. You meet just as many nice people as you do mean people, just like real life. Well that's from my experiences anyway. I hate party chat, it has taken away from the banter and trash talk I used to associate with live, and like I stated those 3 games are the only ones where it is in anyway prominent right now. "
    Why would you want trash talk? That is the worst part of XBL.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I never use the mic unless Im playing with 1 friend. 

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By withateethuh

Though I was turned off that mics werent very common in these games, the actual mechanics like spotting and the voice communication for when teammates need assistance are far better than having some guy yell at you for not helping.

Edit: Plus they don't call you racial slurs. Its more pleasant that way.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Vinny_Says

my win record when playing with 3 other friends all mic'd up is 100%...no so great with strangers. BFBC2 is really the only game that, IMO, requires communication with others to succeed. (I listen to the podcast while playing MW2 or GRAW2 and do just fine.)

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funzzo

Good. I  dont have to listen to all the stupid little kids who think their cool because they swear online and say stupid shit.  I play on PC so I don't have to worry about this much. I dont play with a mic.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bouke
    @Vitamin_Dei said:
    " @Tuggah said:
    " I don't use a mic, I don't think it is too much of a loss. People know to throw ammo, med kits, revive you. "
    Sure, but that's baseline existing in the game. Actual tactics such as coordination of attack, approach routes, or even which one of you is going to jump out of the tank and repair is so that both don't and then it gets stolen by a nearby enemy? That stuff all works so much more amazingly when people use their mics. You're never going to be able to force people who don't want to, but effective voice chat really does improve a team-based game amazingly.  "

I agree that the game works better when you play together and use mics, but you can give orders with the select / back button as well! Use it to spot enemies, tanks, UAV's. And you can even select a flag to defend or attack, which gives you and your team a bonus as well, although not many people use it, which is to bad! 
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KimChi4U

If you're on the 360 and want to talk on the mic, hit me up. My GT is: Soju 25percent     I'll talk your ear off and then some.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By Heartagram
    @Bouke: Yeah I do all of these things but its just so boring to play a game online without chat. Probably not going to keep this game as I had previously planned considering I have very few live friends that play this.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bouke
    @Heartagram:
    There are plenty of people from the GB community still playing this game on 360, just friend some of them!
    gnark1ll420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By gnark1ll420

these people gotta talk to thier friends playing spongebob. i think party chat ruins most xbox games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.