Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

No one is playing Vietnam.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngeTheDude

90% of the games I get into have around 5-7 people in them. Is no one playing this? I love Battlefield but I feel like I wasted 15 bucks on this. 

EDIT: I'm playing on a 360.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Never have the issue on 360. Normally the game are packed and I find the normal multiplayer dead. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Nor have I had it on PC. Is your NAT open?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mcfart

Vietnam usually has 1-3 fullish servers, but on PC most are sticking with vanilla for their servers, probebly because more people are still playing vanilla.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kishan6
    @AngeTheDude: what system do you have it for? 
    i have it on pc and while its not as many people as on normal bc2 its still enough to find multiple games with full people.  although honestly the server browser makes it easier than if you are doing matchmaking to find large games
    smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By smitty86

I'm also interested to know what system this is referring to. I traded in Bad Company 2 awhile ago b/c of this same reason but that was on the ps3. I was going to trade Black Ops in for Bad Company 2 again to give it another go but if it is still like that I guess I'm stuck with COD for a bit longer.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ToxicFruit

PC has plenty of vietnam servers that has almost always has a 20+ players on it . What system are you using  ?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

Looking at his achievements, it's probably 360. I stand behind my NAT suspicion.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By mosdl

or missing an update?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

well the ps3 version is all jacked. Always tells me that no games are going for both BC2 and vietnam.  Havent played in forever =(

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

I got the samething when I try to join a match there's none available.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By monetarydread

Looking at Vietnam on PC right now and it has sixteen servers with enough people in them.

treythalomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By treythalomew

I had the same issue when I bought it two weeks ago. I played BC2 for about 3 months and only had the occasional issue. I bought Vietnam and got in a game half over and then couldn't even find a game after that. My 360 is in the dmz on my router so games that show nat all show open.  I went back the next night and couldn't find a game followed by sitting in my open lobby for 20 minutes. I haven't gone back since because I'm so pissed that I wasted 15 dollars.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Treythalomew: Even setting my 360 as the DMZ didn't open mine up. It ended up being UPNP causing the issue. Just disabled that and forwarded two ports and I got open again.

I wonder if it's a regional thing. Are you guys in the US?
    treythalomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By treythalomew

Yeah I'm in the Central US. I figure it is probably some kind of weird connection issues since they've been dealing with since the launch of the game. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll have everything intact for BF3.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ocean_H
    @Sackmanjones said:

" well the ps3 version is all jacked. Always tells me that no games are going for both BC2 and vietnam.  Havent played in forever =( "

What? Just played it last night on PS3 and it's full of people. And I've been playing since launch with almost no connection issue. EA should do what Activision/Treyarch do on Black Ops multiplayer and show the connection bars next to the XBL gamertag/PSN ID (Green/Yellow/Red) so that we can tell to whoever has a shitty connection.
    korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By korolev

Played it on the PC about 2 days ago - plenty of folks on it. It also depends on where you live and what time you play - you'll maximize your chances at finding a full game on weekends or during the 7 to 8pm period. Granted, there aren't as many people playing BFBC2 now as there was before Black Ops and other stuff came out - I mean, it's been more than half a year since the game was released, so only those dedicated to the game are still playing it. I play it maybe once a week if that these days. 

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Wuddel

I play on PS3 and I used to forward ports (I even think that these were Battlefield-specific.) to it, and it worked finde. I currently have a new router just using UPnP, and it also works fine. During normal servers I get full Rush servers on Vietnam (Do not play vanilla much more.)

Avatar image for scottygrayskull
    scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By scottygrayskull

Both with vanilla and Vietnam it's very hit or miss. I'll have a half dozen full games in a row, then several with less than 8 people. Just keep trying and figure out if there's a best time.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Stopped playing Vietnam after a week or so, on the PC, mostly because the levels were just too small for 32 players, creating a nade fest..
    Went back to Vanilla and it felt good again.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By mowgers

I can usually get a game in when I go to it. I don't play Vietnam that much, mind. Prefer the main game. 

Having said that, played a game last night  where the only players in the game were on the American side... we spent about five minutes or so shooting grenades and rockets at stuff until a barrage of gunfire put us down and we realised that the NVA had finally turned up to protect their stupid temple.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I haven't bought this expansion yet, but I will soon.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DonPixel

Most likely a NAT issue.. I play it on the PS3 and ther´s full matches constantly

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic

we're having a vietnam bombing run on PC in 2 hours

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Nadafinga

I played Vietnam a bunch last weekend, and I was able to find fairly full games about 75% of the time. There's plenty of people still playing.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seppli
    @AngeTheDude said:

" 90% of the games I get into have around 5-7 people in them. Is no one playing this? I love Battlefield but I feel like I wasted 15 bucks on this.  EDIT: I'm playing on a 360. "

I am currently playin' vanilla over vietnam, because small arms damage is 400% too high against choppers (PS3 and 360 - PC is fine). It's a confirmed bug and it will be fixed. Gonna play the shit out of it, as soon as it's done. Love it otherwise, but choppers are part of the balance and right now, you can't rely on the chopper doing its duty, which sucks playin' against competent players.

Also - Vantage Point Rush maptier 1 is an abortion and probably the worst BF map of all times. What a stinking piece of meatgrindin' shit.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Seppli said:

I am currently playin' vanilla over vietnam, because small arms damage is 400% too high against choppers (PS3 and 360 - PC is fine). It's a confirmed bug and it will be fixed. Gonna play the shit out of it, as soon as it's done. Love it otherwise, but choppers are part of the balance and right now, you can't rely on the chopper doing its duty, which sucks playin' against competent players. 

This is good news. I didn't know it was a bug, I thought that they gimped the choppers on purpose. Good to know they'll make it so I can stay in the air longer than 5 seconds. Also I feel like the choppers respawn too fast after they go down. I might be alone in this, and I doubt its something they'll change, but it's hard to feel any sort of accomplishment when you shoot down a chopper when another is in the air a minute later.

Also - Vantage Point Rush maptier 1 is an abortion and probably the worst BF map of all times. What a stinking piece of meatgrindin' shit. " 

Amen brother. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Seppli
    @Nadafinga: 

Apparently a 50% healthboost to Hueys has gone live this week. Gotta take it for a spin right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.