Now be honest. What is the worst thing(s) about the game?

• -1 results
#1 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -

Now be honest. What is the worst thing(s) about the game?  

Honestly. Spit it out. In your opinion what is the worst thing about the game. 

#2 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Knife doesn't work 
Shotgun slugs don't work  
No flares for choppers
Connection to EA problems 
Friends list doesn't work 
Friends list doesn't serve much purpose 
Doesn't use Steam 
Favourite Servers doesn't work 
Voice chat doesn't work 
Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat. 
Don't get points while dead 
No chat history 
Is a console port

#3 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

It's not Battlefield 3 and I have a wait a few years for it to come out. 

#4 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -
@Scrumdidlyumptious: HOLY SHIT.  you hate this game!
#5 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Useless snipers in multiplayer. Not the games fault, just the people who play it.

#6 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -
@MrSnow: No, I love it.
#7 Posted by Sai (75 posts) -

knifing not working is the most annoying thing ever.

#8 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" Useless snipers in multiplayer. Not the games fault, just the people who play it. "
Pretty much this. Everyone and their grandmother wants to be a sniper who does nothing but sit in a bush the whole damn game going for those "sick headshots"
#9 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@Scrumdidlyumptious said:
" Knife doesn't work 
  Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat 
  Don't get points while dead"

C4 sometimes doesn't detonate
Lag can cause you to put a full mag in someone at point blank and they don't die
#10 Posted by big_jon (5727 posts) -

lag
#11 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

knife sometimes doesnt work 
and saiga 20k and m60 are overpowered

#12 Edited by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -

I haven't played in a couple months, but a lot of the weapons needed serious balancing.  

The worst thing about this game though is that it's made by Dice...so you know for the first couple weeks multiplayer will be pretty much unplayable. 

#13 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:
" I haven't played in a couple months, but a lot of the weapons needed serious balancing.   The worst thing about this game though is that it's made by Dice...so you know for the first couple weeks multiplayer will be pretty much unplayable.  "
The multiplayer servers are handled by EA, the online connectivity buggyness wasn't Dice's fault.
#14 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

on the 360 it does lag quite a bit.

#15 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@Sai said:
" knifing not working is the most annoying thing ever. "
This is most definitely the worst thing about this game.
#16 Posted by mikeeegeee (1559 posts) -

Running into the occasional laggy match that makes the game unplayable and incredibly frustrating.

#17 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

I don't like how the game is designed when a player dies and a "killcam" or something similar would also be cool.

#18 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" Useless snipers in multiplayer. Not the games fault, just the people who play it. "
The snipers you played with, maybe. I was a sniper most of the time I played BFBC2 (i stopped because of the small map selection) and I did my best to spot everything I saw whether i was about to kill it or not, i mortar strike the mcoms continuously and c4 it if its the team's last opportunity. I also play more of an offensive sniper (force recon) my knife was my second most used weapon with pistol not far behind, and generally make sure teammates have a clear path to the mcoms by covering the location with sniper fire. I play wit hthe team in mind and not my kills, whether the game's stat systems take that in mind or not.

And I am planning to play mostly the same way when BF3 comes out (sniper, pilot, some support).  
#19 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

That EA handles the servers for mp.  The lag has gotten rediculous.

#20 Edited by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

" Knife doesn't work Shotgun slugs don't work  No flares for choppersConnection to EA problems Friends list doesn't work Friends list doesn't serve much purpose Doesn't use Steam Favourite Servers doesn't work Voice chat doesn't work Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat. Don't get points while dead No chat history Is a console port "

what do you mean with the flares and the slugs doesnt work?

they work fine.
#21 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

The knifing is just something you have to get used to.  And besides, it's a one hit kill and a hit or miss type of thing that somewhat requires your opponent to be stationary.  Try stabbing a moving person and even you won't be able to hit it that easily.  If the knifing is easy to hit, then I think it will be overpowered.

What I hate most about the game?  As mentioned above, some of the players who don't play the game properly like useless snipers who don't do recon work, engineers who don't take down tanks, assaults who don't give ammo.  The medics in general do fairly well, I don't encounter that much crappy medics in matches. 

Recently, the lag.  It does kill the game, but after the update, I think the lag has lessened. 

And I guess Squad Rush is one mode that I don't enjoy playing.

#22 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I just started on it, however the single player sort of sucks. It's like call of duty single player with absolutely no talent.

#23 Edited by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -
@Chuggsy said:

" @FakePlasticTree said:

" I haven't played in a couple months, but a lot of the weapons needed serious balancing.   The worst thing about this game though is that it's made by Dice...so you know for the first couple weeks multiplayer will be pretty much unplayable.  "
The multiplayer servers are handled by EA, the online connectivity buggyness wasn't Dice's fault. "
Irrelevant. I've played other EA games online on launch day and they've worked fine. EVERY single Dice games never works properly at launch. It doesn't matter what platform it's on. If Dice made it, it't not going to work at launch. I've never played a dice game that worked at launch. EA doesn't design the net code. 
#24 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I didn't delve into any of the multiplayer this time round because of time but as far as the campaign is concerned my biggest beef is that they buried the charm that made the first game so fun to play.

#25 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:
" @Chuggsy said:

" @FakePlasticTree said:

The multiplayer servers are handled by EA, the online connectivity buggyness wasn't Dice's fault. "
Irrelevant. I've played other EA games online on launch day and they've worked fine. EVERY single Dice games never works properly at launch. It doesn't matter what platform it's on. If Dice made it, it't not going to work at launch. I've never played a dice game that worked at launch. EA doesn't design the net code.  "
So its coincidence games like Skate 3 still have problems connecting to EA servers on a daily basis?
#26 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
  • random freezes, random disconnects, stats loss following freezes and crashes - generally above avarage instability of the game in multiplayer 
  • packet loss related inconsistencies (hits not properly registering) and lag (I don't suffer from lag, but if others do, I suffer too indirectly - see packet loss related inconsistencies) 
  • movement in Battlefield games could use an overhaul - why can't things go as smoothly as in Mirror's Edge (that other DICE game)... 
  • I'd prefer wider and more open Rush maps with no meatgrinder chokepoints 
  • I'd prefer a higher playercount (32 for Rush/64 for Conquest) 
  • too many bad players (mandatory tutorial for Multiplayer modes could help)

That's it for my laundry list.
#27 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:

" I don't like how the game is designed when a player dies and a "killcam" or something similar would also be cool. "

Don't play Hardcore mode and you'll get your kill(er)cam.  
#28 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -
@Jethuty:   PC version doesn't 
@lilbigsupermario: Knife doesn't work when it's used on someone's back. You see the blood but the hit doesn't register. It works fine on moving targets.
#29 Posted by zeefoes (51 posts) -

-Artillery is gay. I play recon all the time and never use it, and nobody else should. There should be a limit for artillery per team
-People spawning on team members should not be invincible. I've died so many times because a guy spawns and soaks up my attack with no affect and kills me.

that's about it

#30 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -
@cide said:
" @FakePlasticTree said:
" @Chuggsy said:

" @FakePlasticTree said:

Irrelevant. I've played other EA games online on launch day and they've worked fine. EVERY single Dice games never works properly at launch. It doesn't matter what platform it's on. If Dice made it, it't not going to work at launch. I've never played a dice game that worked at launch. EA doesn't design the net code.  "
So its coincidence games like Skate 3 still have problems connecting to EA servers on a daily basis? "
No. I never said every non-Dice EA game is perfect. However, of the EA games I've played at launch, Dice titles are BY FAR the worst. Everyone always just turns the blame to EA, but Dice are equally as responsible. 
#31 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@zeefoes said:
" -Artillery is gay. I play recon all the time and never use it, and nobody else should. There should be a limit for artillery per team-People spawning on team members should not be invincible. I've died so many times because a guy spawns and soaks up my attack with no affect and kills me.  that's about it "
Spawnshield on Squadspawn is bullshit gamedesign. I totally agree. Main reason why Medic zombie horde tactics work.
#32 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:

" @Chuggsy said:

" @FakePlasticTree said:

I had some problems with BF1943 at launch, like everybody else, but BF:BC 2 was rocksolid from day 1 for me connectivity wise. Of course Europe got the game a couple of days after the US and I generally read a lot less complaints about EA servers from Europeans. Point is, it's an unfair blanket statement to make. EA/DICE delivered the promised service from day 1, at least that how it is for me. Sorry for you guys who don't get the same treatment. EA/DICE really has to work on that.
#33 Edited by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

look at this... within a day, this thread is rolling.  There are issues with this game. I only play RUSH mode in BC2;  I avoid PSEUDO CONQUEST mode in BC2.

Why do people want to be snipers? People just say "too many snipers" but why do players choose that class, a lot? That's the question. Why? because some snipers feel safe in the back? They feel concealed? or safe? I think when people want to be snipers they are saying "hey, slow this fucking game down assholes" .  

In BF2, if you wanted fast gameplay you would spawn to the flag nearest to the flag being capped by the enemy.  Otherwise if you wanted to slow down and think about tactics/options you could spawn far away and haul ass to an enemy position. 

This allowed you to think. In BC2 you essentially always spawn at the choke point.  DICE are trying to always force "spawning to the flag nearest to the flag being capped by the enemy" in BC2, since the overall player count is half. And I'm talking about RUSH mode. At least in BF2 you could maneuver around the choke point and plan an attack; here in BC2 the attack path is linear. So stupid. I find gameplay to be frustrating at time and other times gameplay feels hopeless because a squad can't sneak around and the other players on your team (as attacker) just hold(camp) and don't attack.

Another thing I've noticed is that while defender, the attackers will use the blackhawk as a 'one-use' squad transport. Basically it's filled and they all jump out behind the lines. In BF2, that's fine because the map is so large, if they get behind enemy lines and cap a flag; big deal because now the opponents will be storming that position from other flags and the ability to go to another flag will be challenged. 

In BC2 there is no other position to attack from(as a defender) or anything; such a move by the attacker essentially destabilizes the defense.

I think that because BC2 is a small game, parachuting from the chopper should not be allowed. The only way it should work is if the chopper lands and then unloads. Otherwise the gameplay is messed up. I've noticed this issue in Valperiso? the map with the light house; not the first MCOM tier, but the 2nd through the 5th tiers it happens.  It's difficult to identify such an attack usually because everybody can use all the guns. It's not like only Russians use AK and only Americans use M16.  In BF2 you could identify enemies based upon their weapon. You'd be playing in BF2 as MEC and if you heard a M16, you think "hey what the fuck, our team doesn't use M16s" you turn the fuck around and see "holy shit it's the fucking enemy!!1235" ...  and you'd attack and so would your team mates because they heard it too.

Where is this in BC2? it's not there and a helo one-use transport  messes up the attack/defend lines greatly.

I find it pathetic that EA/DICE are holding back the content in this game.  The single player showed South American soldier models and locations. Those could be new skins and maps for the game. I think they are testing the response to their actions for future work. Basically all the content they are releasing from here on out has already been made from before retail. All the upcoming updates and content has been finished and they are trickling this shit out little by little; giving the impression that they are constantly working on it.

They can do this because they have identified the life-span of this game as being 1-year (my opinion), until BF3 comes out. They have already defined release targets for the content: "players will start getting bored by the 5th month..." bla bla bla and they plan like that on when to release the already created content.

How can I say all the content is already made? Because.......... haven't you noticed that when you switch from Assault rifle to GL, there is no scope? A EA/DICE rep said it would be too much work to go back and fix that shit up. If they can't go back and mod their already made shit, what makes you think they'll make new stuff from scratch, from nothing, to make us happy? There are other examples too, of how they won't go back and fix things of this level. They just don't have the team dedicated to it to make new stuff and modify it, they are working on other projects.

It's a waste of money to go back and fix. Thus pre-made stuff is the strategy. Make content before release and slowly trickle it out; the community will think "holy fuck, DICE are working overtime for us" ... when in fact they're not. They can't even work a patch.  They have a nifty updating mechanism that's seeing little use. It's funny. Where are the hotfixes? mini-patches and stuff?

#34 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

* The maps suck.  They should have realistic ArmA2-like maps.  The original BC had maps that looked "real-er". 
* Silly jumping shouldn't exist in games anymore.  You should have a "climb-over"/"climb-up" button.  
* In hardcore more, you should not be able to: dispense ammo, health, "heal" vehicles, have a reticule for the shotguns (you should be able to look down the barrel of the shotgun; not just shoot from the hip).  The goofy tracer dart thing should be disabled. (Alternatively, there should be an extra "more realism" mode.) 
* There should be a man-portable AA missile (Strela/Stinger). 
* The matching should be based on ping times (as a pwnzorer, I have skill 200 and get matched with Europeans and South Americans, even though I live in CANADA.)
 * The stats should differentiate between hardcore and babycore modes: I only play HARDcore, because I'm the PWNZorer, for Pete's sake.

#35 Posted by lilman1101 (1066 posts) -
@ComradeKritstov said:
" @Sai said:
" knifing not working is the most annoying thing ever. "
This is most definitely the worst thing about this game. "
alot of shooters have this problem, MW2 is no exception....but this game is better than MW2 so its all good.
#36 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@Scrumdidlyumptious: Sir, flares do work.
Attacg Vehicle smoke to any helicopter press the bumper and ta-da you have flares. You do have to be the pilot for this to work, though.
This works great when you have a black hawk and have the pilot with flares while the gunner with Vehicle armor.

I wish tanks, had more life, but I think that's just me... I love tanks...
#37 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -
@Evilmetal: still at least the DLC kind of keeps the game alive.
#38 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn: They don't work on PC.
#39 Posted by Evilmetal (468 posts) -
@MrSnow said:
" @Evilmetal: still at least the DLC kind of keeps the game alive. "
I don't like your tone MrSnow  ;-P

In seriousness, it's not you, I don't like the term "DLC". It's a marketing/business term that adds sophistication and weight to something that is not special at all. It's amazing the power of those 3 letters.

If you had said: "still at least the unlocked modes, of the existing maps, and some weapon tweaks kind of keeps the game alive."   <-- don't you see how simple and clear this is now? (I would have argued against this statement by saying the unlocked modes were weak, etc, etc..)

This way you outright identify the content. With "DLC" you mask it and add more to it than it really is. I look at it as updates and/or patches. "DLC" is like borderline oxymoron to me. It's like "no shit it's downloadable" we've been downloading patches/updates (content) since the 90s. But "DLC" makes it sound complex with many moving parts or something; it's just a freakin' update. However updates were known as free, but these people want to charge for updates. Thus there's a psychological problem. So they create "DLC" to help them get away with paid updates/patches. "DLC" can be used for free too.. see how they have redefined things? Anyway... that was all.
#40 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

I don't care much for the movement and the guns, for the most part, felt too similar too each other.  To me at least.  And I know it's not just BF:BC2 but most EA games are very laggy and none ever seem to get fixed.  It's why I haven't played BF1943 in a while and I really like BF1943.
#41 Edited by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

On 360:

• Lag
  • Knife inconsistencies
  • Spawn, run for about a minute to action, die, repeat.
  • Spawn camping (doesn't happen often, but kills all the fun of the day if it happens once)
  • Useless team mates (please just throw ammo/spot/throw spotting mines)
  •  Helicopters are overpowered in certain areas. (final spot on Isla Inocentes)
#42 Posted by AuthenticM (3728 posts) -

Sub-par net code.

#43 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

I feel like I was a lot better with the knife in previous Battlefields.  I was a Goddamn terrorist with that thing in 2142.

I agree with you guys about people playing the recon class.  My friend Nathan commented that I'm the only recon player he's ever heard that runs out of motion mines.  I find those to be the most useful squad support gadget in the game, and when I play other classes, I never see the recon guys using them.

#44 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -
@Evilmetal: wow never looked at it like that.
#45 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
Fuck them. I also dislike the people that only go around and knife people...my best friend does it...frustrates me.
#46 Posted by Pie (7098 posts) -

I dont like how the bodies dont feel as if they have any weight, when I run a dude over I want to feel that impact so that I know I hit a dude 

#47 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

Not getting xp when you die. The very empty servers recently.
#48 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

my biggest problem with it is the sluggishness of turning and aiming down the sights. I think people should be able to use a high sensitivity if they want (on console),  but its all but impossible.

#49 Posted by Ben_H (3355 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
" I feel like I was a lot better with the knife in previous Battlefields.  I was a Goddamn terrorist with that thing in 2142.  I agree with you guys about people playing the recon class.  My friend Nathan commented that I'm the only recon player he's ever heard that runs out of motion mines.  I find those to be the most useful squad support gadget in the game, and when I play other classes, I never see the recon guys using them. "
I don't know why people don't use them.  A well placed mine can give you an insane amount of points.  They're easily one of the most useful support tools in the game.
#50 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@SammydesinasNL said:
" Not getting xp when you die. The very empty servers recently. "
On PS3 and PC you do get points already. Patch for 360 is on the way. Didn't notice any problems regarding server population. It's usually pretty full from early morning to late night. At least on PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.