Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Now be honest. What is the worst thing(s) about the game?

• 129 results
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Djeffers03
    @mrhankey: You should see MW2. They built a whole set of perks just so you could do such a thing. When I was playing Bad Company I never ran into any only-knifers, and the knife is awful anyway so Im sure it's not all that easy to do. 

If in doubt blame OnlyUsemeBlade, he's the guy who pretty much started the craze of only using your knife.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Jayross

Knife, kinda weak shotguns, weak blackhawk guns, atacama desert...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Seppli
    @Jayross said:

" Knife, kinda weak shotguns, weak blackhawk guns, atacama desert... "

Actually began to chopper whore/play Atacama Desert Conquest just yesterday. My piloting choppers from time to time finally stacked up to me being a more than decent pilot, hence my change of heart.  I've got my own code of honor (not baserape/chopper thieve on purpose) and I fare pretty well with it. 

As long as I don't actively go about breaking the experience, it's more likely that others won't either. Atacama Desert is the map that feels the most like classic Battlefield and it is a stunningly beautiful and fun map, as long as the baserapist and chopper thief community doesn't get loose. Some people just can't deal with that much freedom. Hence the call for more restrictive gamedesign. Which I do agree with. Nontheless - Atacama is amazing. Actually, it might be the most amazing map ever, if nobody goes about breaking the gameplay experience with excessive low blows.
    SmithSyndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SmithSyndicate
    @Scrumdidlyumptious said:
    " Knife doesn't work Shotgun slugs don't work  No flares for choppersConnection to EA problems Friends list doesn't work Friends list doesn't serve much purpose Doesn't use Steam Favourite Servers doesn't work Voice chat doesn't work Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat. Don't get points while dead No chat history Is a console port "
    -Buggy knifing
    -No team chat, only squad
    -No points while dead
    -Spotting cool-down

And, my biggest issue with the game:

-Few maps
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I forgot to add: 
    The game requires you to change the "Vertical Fly" option everytime you switch between a UAV and a chopper.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By monetarydread

*  Horrible Lighting effects that prevent you from seeing anything in the distance. Seriously, this game has the worst overuse of bloom I have ever played in a game (yes, it is worse than early gen 360 titles).
        * The movement is slow and wooden. For example, why am I not allowed to strafe while running? I can strafe while running in real life, I can strafe while running in almost every other game as well.
        * Wheres the prone?
        * Wheres the EA servers? Every time I want to play online I have to sift through the horrible server browser. Why can't I just hit team death match and auto-join a match like Modern Warfare 2?
        * Too team focused. I have no desire to join a clan and I don't have any friends that play PC games. Every time I log in I end up facing some clan that absolutely steam rolls the team I'm on. It's like the developers have tried as hard as possible to screw over everyone looking for a PUG.
        * Clans should be banned from ranked matches. This kind of goes with what I mentioned above. Why would DICE allow clans to play ranked matches? There is a reason why clans aren't allowed on the 360. They destroy the fun of everyone who isn't in one. I'm all for clan support in a game, but in ranked matches? No. Clans should either be banned from ranked matches or forced to play against other clans.
        * Lag. Seriously, the server browser says that I have a ping of 45 and yet the game is a slide show. MW2 has less lag than what I have experienced in this title.
        * This game is fugly. I'm talking as ugly as Fergie from the black eyed peas type fugly. Meh textures, bad lighting, stiff animation and an overall conservative approach to polygon use.
        * Maps are way too big for the small player count. The maps are as big as the ones found in 1942 and yet we have a third of the player count. When you are playing against a team with snipers I have gone minutes without seeing any action. On top of what I have mentioned if you spawn at the back of the map and there isn't any vehicles you are better off just waiting for one to spawn than to try and run somewhere. I believe that any game where you have to just stand around for forty five seconds had failed.

The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The_Painted

The fact that there's no penalty for spawn killing is what eventually made me stop playing.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" I forgot to add: The game requires you to change the "Vertical Fly" option everytime you switch between a UAV and a chopper. "
    Oh man, that pisses me off to no end.

But as far as things I don't like, quite a few of the weapons feel really weak compared to other weapons in the same category.
    Pumpeho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pumpeho

I would never ever play an FPS on a console. So this is from a PC pov. 

- Defending in Rush is way too easy. The defenders should have some kind of limitation to the spawn. Perhaps not tickets, but a longer spawn timer. 
    - Medics are still Rambojesus. The health boxes should be the focus, not the god damned defibs or their stinking newbie-friendly LMGs. 
    - LMGs got way too big magazines. Encourage spraying (and it works alot of the time). Medics should have shotguns/m14 or something like that imo.
    - No bulletdrop on LMGs, SMGs and Assault rifles makes them too powerful in long range. Hell, alot of the time its more effective than using a sniper rifle. 
    - Maps are too small. 
    - Still too much explosive spamming. 
    - Some glitches in the map. Allowing people to stand on ledges that really shouldnt be there. Isla got quite a few at the last base (defenders right side close to the pile of timber is the most annoying one. As if that base isnt hard as hell to take already).
    - Class-stacking is way too effective. Medic stacking on Nelson Bay, engineers on African Harbor (first base), Atacama Desert (last base), recon stacking is never good (since most of the recons sucks donkey balls playing the "I score 2 kills from the fucking moon"-sniper). 
    - The new trend of piling a few squads at a good camping spots shooting rockets on the Mcoms. C4ing/AT-mines on the mcoms is lame. 
    - The snowy village (cant remember the name) in rush is a fasttrack to nerdrage. Jesus the explosives. 
    - CG/RPG on infantery. Lame! Altho, its not as bad as it used to be. 
    - Ammo boxes restocking grenades (grenade hill on the second base in Port Valdez is just annoying). 
    - Some people seem to disregard the objectives and play TDM (the only thing that would solve it would be a TDM mode to get rid of those people). 

phew...still I like the game.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Osaladin

For me, knife and points after death. Everything else is alright, and I'm still having a blast playing so...

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By TiE23

Attack helicopters should just be removed from the game. Just remove the attack heli and place a tank there instead.
    Knife is super tempermental about working. I cannot recall the number of times I've died thanks to the knife not working when I needed it... just for stabbing people in the back, too. It's insane.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Druminator

Shotguns snipe better than snipers.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By ATrevelan

It doesn't run all that well on my computer, and I had a lot of difficulty connecting to matches until very recently.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only complaint is the people who just sit back and play recon by just sniping random dudes and don't help do the objectives.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By warxsnake

no jets, map sizes are a joke given previous BF games.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Andorski

The same answer for most multiplayer games: The people playing it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Seppli
    " Knife doesn't work Shotgun slugs don't work  No flares for choppersConnection to EA problems Friends list doesn't work Friends list doesn't serve much purpose Doesn't use Steam Favourite Servers doesn't work Voice chat doesn't work Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat. Don't get points while dead No chat history Is a console port "

Most of the stuff you list is either untrue or fixed by now. Then again, I'm playing on consoles. With a gamepad, as god intended.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Seppli

For me, the worst thing is...

Mapdesign. Too narrow Rushmaps with too few vehicles and space for rich all sorts of tactics. Conquest mode maps too archaic. Default nocap bases are prime targets. It's way too viable a tactic to attack the default spawns directly. That's just bad gamedesign.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Jayross

Lag. 
    And glitches.  
    And lack of maps.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By droop

Not enough maps, and Carl Gustav spam.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Vao

Knifes is my biggest pain in the ass, followed by tracer darts being nerfed to hell and the smallest amount of lag (for me at least makes it useless) 

Maps is an interesting topic. On Paper now the map list is pretty long, however after you play most of them you get a feeling that they were created around their release day purpose. The VIP Map packs they put out didn't give players any new maps but just opened up the other playmode for a map.  Maps that were made for Rush were converted to conquest maps ect. This seems to be a quick way to stretch and reuse game assets rather then making more content. Hell since release the only paid content was a halfass attempt at  horde mode that had terrible issues and really no replayablity after you beat it the first couple times.   

Also the stupid bug that shows up lately where your team wins and you get the loss message or the other way around. 

blue257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By blue257

Lag and poor matchmaking. People above a certain level should be isolated from lower level players and the presence of teams should factor in somehow to the matchmaking equation.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Evilmetal

Rush mode is a failure.

DICE wanted to recreate BF2's "action" where a team would spawn at one flag and the enemy team would spawn at an adjacent location; using the Rush mechanic. But it's a failure because they failed to consider the fact that a squad may branch off and move to flank and/or in a sneaky way capture a distant flag.

It's so stupid in BC2. People are saying in chat "ohh... you don't want to die? PUSH forward" . To me BC2 Rush mode is like a sardine can, you're trapped; there's not much else to do... BC2 is extremely 1-dimensional.

So I'm playing defender and the enemies are hitting the MCOM from a mile away with their tank. I don't know where they are because I just see the MCOM flash (that it has been hit) and that's hit. No sound, no trace. Stupid. No enemies tried to activate the MCOM, so from a defender point of view my gameplay was cheated. In BF2, I could say "fuck this, these c*nts want to spam this location? no fucking problem, I'll go flank them and get a flag from behind their line". WIth my squad, we cap a flag from behind and break the enemy line. 

Terrible terrible, terrible stuff in BC2. I think it shows when DICE didn't even have the heart to play and test the damn thing out. So many flaws, any n00b can find them; but here the creators themselves didn't even find them. Shocking.

A few weeks ago I was watching Bad Company 1 videos on youtube, trying to see gameplay. One thing that immediately stood out to me was that all the rifles had unique reload animations. What the fuck? Here in BC2 they all have essentially the same generic reload animation. The M16 seems to be the only rifle in BC2 that retained a proper reload animation. What gives? In MW2, all guns have specific animations. Hell, in MW2 there are 2 reload animations depending on if you reload with an empty mag or not. Such attention to detail. 

Weakness DICE, weakness. 

Mode packs.... please.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#74  Edited By natetodamax
    • Atacama Desert is one of the worst maps I've ever seen in my life
    • The knife is BROKEN. There are two animations: the normal slash animation and the stab-in-the-head animation that triggers when killing an enemy. The problem is that you literally cannot kill an enemy with the slash animation. Earlier today I came across an enemy who didn't notice me, and I hit the knife button. He slashed, and the knife cut across his body BUT HE JUST FLINCHED. You know how when you knife a teammate (not in hardcore mode), they kinda flinch? It did just that. Blood came out, his body jerked a little, but he didn't die. He survived my knife attack. lolwut
    • Spawning is kinda messed up in Conquest. Sometimes I spawn right in front of enemies or too close to them that I get killed after taking a few steps.
    • Isla Inocentes is all kinds of terrible
    myalt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By myalt22

I play it on the 360 and have never experienced lag or connection problems. The knife pisses me off though. 

Avatar image for jimmytheexploder
    JimmyTheExploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By JimmyTheExploder

Personally I do love this game but for me theres two things that ruin some games:
    Snipers on the attacking team!! - If you must play recon whilst attacking, tool up with a shotgun and play ninja, motion sensor style.
    People dont spot - Its so so so easy, and I guarantee the team that spots more is the team that wins. Just press Q every time you see an enemy even if you know you will kill him.

There are other minor problems, such as the knife issue, although lately thats been working fine for me.
    Overall still the best multiplayer shooter there is.

voyager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By voyager

No chat between map load, favourite servers doesn't work, map size is too small  and we need more new maps .... 

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By nywt

Single player. I went through it to get the achievements but it was probably one of the worst single player games I have ever played.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By FirePrince
    "Knife doesn't work Shotgun slugs don't work  No flares for choppersConnection to EA problems Friends list doesn't work Friends list doesn't serve much purpose Doesn't use Steam Favourite Servers doesn't work Voice chat doesn't work Voice chat doesn't have a button for team chat as well and only squad chat. Don't get points while dead No chat history Is a console port "

All of this. 
    The shotgun either is a sniper,or is ineffective at point blank. 
    Also,the knife almost never works,and tends to teleport people,as seen in the MOH Beta.Only not that badly.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By salad10203

I am on PC so the game is not so glitchy, but still the latency is noticeable, and the graphics are good but not amazing.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Sai said:

" knifing not working is the most annoying thing ever. "

i prefer it over the magnetic light saber in mw2, which is what everyone is so used to, therefore when they play BC2 they think there is something wrong with the knife. a knife isnt a fucking samurai sword. i like the way it is in BC2. it makes sure you cant just go "lightweight, marathon, and commando" and go on a straight up stabbing frenzy. you have to actually get up close, front and center to stab somebody. 

also, snipers are not useless.  

i get a ton of defensive kills while sniping, i call in mortar strikes every chance i get, and i spot every enemy i see which is a HUGE help for the rest of the team.  

some of your complaints are stupid. 
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WickedCestus

The single-player campaign. It's good, but not as great as the multiplayer. I also like the multiplayer's feel so much that I don't get mad about specific weapons.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Three0neFive

It's not Battlefield. The maps are way too linear to be Battlefield.

It's Call of Duty: Slightly Bigger Edition.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

It's a fun game, but it's buggy as hell. Not as bad as Battlefield 1943, but bad nonetheless.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Three0neFive said:
    " It's not Battlefield. The maps are way too linear to be Battlefield.  It's Call of Duty: Slightly Bigger Edition. "
    uh... no. thats called Medal Of Honor.  
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Three0neFive
    @TwoOneFive said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" It's not Battlefield. The maps are way too linear to be Battlefield.  It's Call of Duty: Slightly Bigger Edition. "

uh... no. thats called Medal Of Honor.   "
    Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 2

I don't think these are quite to scale, but still. The difference is obvious.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Donos
    @Three0neFive: If BC2 was supposed to be the same game, it would be called Battlefield 3. What I've never seen a good argument for is why smaller is worse. Halo only has a 16 player cap, so christ that must suck.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Three0neFive said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

" @Three0neFive said:

Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 2  I don't think these are quite to scale, but still. The difference is obvious. "
    why dont you compare it to a more simular map. that map is designed for a game mode that didnt exist in battlefield 2. 
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Three0neFive
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Three0neFive said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

" @Three0neFive said:

Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 2  I don't think these are quite to scale, but still. The difference is obvious. "
    why dont you compare it to a more simular map. that map is designed for a game mode that didnt exist in battlefield 2.  "
    But I am. That's the Conquest version of the map. The game mode it was designed for is irrelevant, if not impossible to discern in the first place.

But alright. Here's White Pass, a map which, if PlanetBattlefield is to be believed, doesn't even support Rush. 

@Donos said:
    " @Three0neFive: If BC2 was supposed to be the same game, it would be called Battlefield 3. What I've never seen a good argument for is why smaller is worse. Halo only has a 16 player cap, so christ that must suck. "
    I guess my main point is that the maps aren't Battlefield. They're way too linear and feel too artificial to make me feel like I'm atcually in the middle of a warzone. I liked BC1 way better than BC2 - despite the fact that I had to play with a gamepad - because the maps felt real and weren't just a straight line with some buildings on each side and a choke point in the middle.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TwoOneFive

@Three0neFive: thats the smallest map, but for one, there is no aerial vehicles, or humvees. its the one map that backs up your claim. but i'll just say its a battlefield BAD COMPANY game. its supposed to be a bit different. battlefield 3 should more than satisfy you. or better yet,  just play MAG and move on. 

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Kiro said:
    " @Djeffers03 said:
    " Useless snipers in multiplayer. Not the games fault, just the people who play it. "
    Pretty much this. Everyone and their grandmother wants to be a sniper who does nothing but sit in a bush the whole damn game going for those "sick headshots" "
    Pretty much this! having them as teammates really sucks. X(
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93  Edited By carlthenimrod

The worst part of BC2 is the fact that I paid $10 for Onslaught mode. 

kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kagekage
    @Three0neFive: That's why the maps are BAD COMPANY. Sure there's the Battlefield name on it, but anyone who has half a brain knows that the original Battlefield series and the Bad Company series are almost two entirely different games. 
    Even DICE says the Bad Company games are a SPINOFF of the series. It's SUPPOSED to be different. 
    So stop complaining about the maps and just wait for goddamn Battlefield 3. 

On a more related note, my main problems with the game are: 
    - Primarily getting dropped out of games WAY to often. I sometimes have to quit a game when I'm with a really good squad because of my fear of getting dropped out of the game and losing all my stats. 
    - Kind of lag. My lag stopped a few months ago, so besides the game dropping and the stats losing, I don't have much of a problem with it. 
    - Knifing. Yeah, hate to admit it, but the knifing kinda sucks. Even when I'm standing so close to the person that I can lick him, my knife fucking misses. 
    - No bullet drop on LMGs, SMGs, and assault rifles. 
    - Enemies that are far away are practically invisible.
    - Noobs. People who tranistion from that game to this game pretty much. 
    But I still love the game and play almost every day.
    gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By gold_n_eye
    @kishan6 said:
    " knife sometimes doesnt work and saiga 20k and m60 are overpowered "
    Didn't they nerf the M60 2 patches ago, I still use it and noticed it's not as accurate long-range - for non-hardcore matches of course...It's quite the opposite on hardcore, where all medics are using m60/xm8lmg
    gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By gold_n_eye
    @The_Painted said:
    " The fact that there's no penalty for spawn killing is what eventually made me stop playing. "
    I agree, they should  make it like in BF1943 where you don't get any point for killing an ennemy in their spawn base. I think you should lose points for killing someone in their spawn, it's not fair for the person who just spawned in a match to die 5 seconds later...
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Knifing is too delayed.

Weapons and gadgets are unlocked way to easily, leaving the user with nothing to work for pretty early on.

That's about it for me.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#98  Edited By BunkerBuster

The game doesn't have any type of Stinger missile that I can just whip out and shoot out helicopters. I have to lock on to them using a diffferent tool and then use the shitty tube thing they call a rocket launcher.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mano521

knife not working mostly. other than that its pretty damn good.  

also maybe the optic zoom for tanks and using that to exploit on gold rush

The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Painted
    @gold_n_eye: Exactly. I'm not exactly sure why they didn't make it so you get no points like in 1943, I guess that would've made too much sense. When it got to a point where I would join a Conquest game and be placed on the losing team, who had flags, and there were enemy tanks and squads of medics in and around my base, I gave up and sold the game and went back to 1943.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.