OK dice is pissing me off

#1 Edited by zeefoes (51 posts) -
 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vip-map-battlefield-bad/101005 

Every time they come out with a trailer for a new map pack they always fucking show off the G3 and M14 with the ACOG sights. What the fuck, it's like they're just rubbing it in my face. I want the option to put sights on these guns more than anything as they are some of my favorite weapons and dice just shits all over my dreams.

Either make new trailers without these guns (seriously it'd take like an hour to cut new footage together) or add in the sights. Gahh.  

/rant
#2 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

There was a discussion on their forums about adding the ACOG Scope for both the G3 and the M14. Apparently they were present pre-release, and DICE removed them as they detracted from the gameplay and made everyone a sniper wannabe. Still, if you search the threads on this forum you should be able to find Seppli's thread. I would, but I have to go offline to go to school ;) 

#3 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

m14 with acog would be pwnage.

#4 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

DICE will add it back in again sometime, I'm sure of it.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

The dudes at DICE are gods of the Battlefield. Guess they can pretty much do anything they want with the game. Heard they ran 80 player matches locally at their offices and stuff like that.

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -
@Seppli said:
" The dudes at DICE are gods of the Battlefield. Guess they can pretty much do anything they want with the game. Heard they ran 80 player matches locally at their offices and stuff like that. "
Now if only they let everyone else do that :P
#7 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -
@Seppli said:
"The dudes at DICE are gods of the Battlefield. Guess they can pretty much do anything they want with the game. Heard they ran 80 player matches locally at their offices and stuff like that. "

That's great.  How 'bout they address the problems w/EA's servers that've made the game unplayable for the past month or so for many of us?  BF:MC was nowhere near this bad ever so what gives?  Also, how about dropping that onslaught mode that was coming 'very soon' and still's not here?  Actual new maps maybe?  Huh DICE??
#8 Posted by Jeffk38uk (719 posts) -

I'm more concerned they are still churning out variations of the same few maps on different modes than the sights on guns personally, altho I can see that being pretty aggrevating 3 map packs down the line.

#9 Posted by TiE23 (301 posts) -
#10 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

I stopped playing this game right when I understood that their "map packs" were just the same maps with different code/ win conditions. You can only play the same effing maps for so long.  

anyway I'll be waiting for Battlefield 3, or at least, a BFBC2 map pack that actually contains new maps.

#11 Edited by zeefoes (51 posts) -

I could care less about stats.. the M14 and G3 are badass and I'll use them over any gun ACOG or not. I guess I would have to agree with the "everyone will be sniper wannabees", therefore ACOG should only be unlocked for recon. This makes the most sense since there already are recon guns with better/same stats that can use sights.

#12 Edited by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

I don't give a shit what they do, I want the lag fixed, it has ruined one of my favorite shooters.

#13 Edited by zeefoes (51 posts) -

^ Is it laggy on PC as well or just console?

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@zeefoes said:
" The lag is horrible yes. It takes me 3 or 4 tries to walk up a set of stairs since I fall of all the time, clipping through walls, sniper bullets don't kill even though blood squirts out (HC), clipping through walls. It is shit but I still find it playable since it doesn't affect the combat too too much. "
Yeah, it's just very annoying.
#15 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

I'm pissed that I have lost all my m1 garand kills. 547 that is.
#16 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

What's with all the butthurt over a fucking scope?

#17 Posted by Nickness534 (75 posts) -
@Seppli: @Seppli said:
 Guess
they
they can pretty much do anything they want with the game."
Except make it playable.
#18 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

They are fucking pissing me off too by not fixing the lag.

#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

Whiner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.