Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Onslaught Mode dated, priced.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

Edited By Jayross

Onslaught Mode, the co-op mode for Bad Company 2, will be releasing on June 22nd for $10. It will feature new achievements/trophies and in-game pins and awards. It will be based on times and leaderboards. 

There are also some pictures. 

Again, that is June 22nd for $10.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jayross

Onslaught Mode, the co-op mode for Bad Company 2, will be releasing on June 22nd for $10. It will feature new achievements/trophies and in-game pins and awards. It will be based on times and leaderboards. 

There are also some pictures. 

Again, that is June 22nd for $10.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SammydesinasNL

I realised that when looking in the vehicles tab in my stats that they've added new vehicles (new being old).

Spunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spunky

this is out today :D

seems like it should be pretty fun because ive been frustrated with the game recently.

i didnt play the game much when i first got it...im still lvl 13, and i tried playing today....good god.

everyone is level 50 and sniping me in the face with magnum bullets from across the map with a machine gun....

so ya...im hoping onslaught mode can give me some fun!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

To bad the game is held down by lag for over a month now, thanks EA and Dice for ruining an awesome game and not caring.

Spunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spunky

hmm yea...well hopefully this game mode wont be as laggy cuz its only 4 people...hopefully

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Bouke

I hope its out when i get home later, and i kind of hope i have enough money on my account so i don't have to go out for one of those cards...
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

It's not out yet on XBL(I'm west coast US).  Maybe it's the lag holding the mode up.lol.  Seriously though, DICE/EA just don't seem able to get their shit together.  And it's a shame, such a great mp experience when it works right.
    Spunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spunky

not on psn yet either..i know its only 11am on the west coast but if it says the 22nd they should release it on the 22nd. They should slave overnight with no food or water for my personal satisfaction damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleh...im just grumpy cuz i was hoping to play it before work today :P

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayross

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Not on Xbox Live Marketplace either...

Delayed probably.

Spunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spunky
    A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

fack every single dlc dice has ever made for the xbox has been delayed pretty much. i don't count the "VIP" map packs because they're already on the disk  
    still like the game tho

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

wow... 100kb download.  That means it was already in the game.  I'm glad I paid $70+ for a game now.  Let me guess, the Vietnam pack is 12mb?????

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " wow... 100kb download.  That means it was already in the game.  I'm glad I paid $70+ for a game now.  Let me guess, the Vietnam pack is 12mb????? "
    really? i didn't notice it was a 100kb download... so i guess it was already in the disc and just needed the 100kb patch to unlock it...
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pweidman

Onslaught was in the last update, the one that was almost half a gig.  So why the delay?  This has been planned for a while, and all we need to get is an unlock patch...100 kbs.  WTF DICE???
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

Actually if you look in the data it is 64kb.  XD

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pweidman

For anyone itt or anyone who still cares, the 360 version of Onslaught will be on XBL tomorrow, June 24th.  This according to BBC2's new community guy, Dan.  GO Dan!
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @pweidman said:

" Onslaught was in the last update, the one that was almost half a gig.  So why the delay?  This has been planned for a while, and all we need to get is an unlock patch...100 kbs.  WTF DICE??? "

i don't remember the half-gig update... wasn't the last update just around a couple of megabytes to fix the bugs and some rebalancing? 

anyway, i'm having fun with Onslaught mode. Easy can be completed by two people, but still challenging. When you change it to hardcore, man, they really mean it to be hardcore.  Having real teamwork in your squad and proper voice chat communication can really help your team get through the levels.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman
    @lilbigsupermario said:
    " @pweidman said:
    " Onslaught was in the last update, the one that was almost half a gig.  So why the delay?  This has been planned for a while, and all we need to get is an unlock patch...100 kbs.  WTF DICE??? "
    i don't remember the half-gig update... wasn't the last update just around a couple of megabytes to fix the bugs and some rebalancing?  anyway, i'm having fun with Onslaught mode. Easy can be completed by two people, but kind of difficult. When you change it to hardcore, man, they really mean it to be hardcore.  Having real teamwork in your squad and proper voice chat communication can really help your team get through the levels. "

I was referring to the last update on 360 btw...it was big, 400+ megs I think.  Damn, I remember wondering why it was so big.  I'll check tbs. Anyway, good to hear it's challenging on the harder diff.  From what little I've seen so far the enemy AI is decent in the new mode.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayross

I am away on Vacation for the next two months, so I will have Onslaught mode waiting for me, and hopefully some new maps from the VIP system, or maybe even a surprise Bad Company 1 map pack...

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evilmetal

So the real cost of BC2 is: $59.99 +  $5.50 + $9.99 =  $75.48   (plus any tax and/or shipping) for all the content.  In the old days it would have been free, but today in order to make the prices seem nice, they keep them low but trickle the remaining content in for a cost.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pweidman

The Onslaught DLC is out for BBC2 on 360 now.  I bought it straight off xbox.com's marketplace as it wasn't up on the dashboard yet.  Ok, so it's a bit less than a meg 970 kb or so.  When trying to access it in game, a prompt for an update came up.  At 470+megs!  Anyway after the update it shows as it's own mode in the main menu.  You can host private or public matches, or you can find one to join based on diff and map preference.  BTW, did I just buy a patch to unlock an update?  This is weird...never seen anything like it.  Maybe some other knowledgeable G-bomber can explain.   

Also, if anyone else here gets it for 360 add me: GT=PWEID5, along w/a message please.  Could be very fun and no server issues to deal with should help.  Also, the new mode comes w/120 new achievement points:).
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayross

DICE has blurred the line between disc-locked content, updates, patches, and DLC. I have no clue..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.